Sudbury Wolves 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Why would Missy be in on Thompson? I thought their D group was already outstanding?
They don't really have a true offensive guy like Thompson. Del Mastro filling that spot right now but I'm sure they see adding Thompson to a group with Del Mastro, Larsen, Bjogvik-Holm would really add a new dynamic.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why would Missy be in on Thompson? I thought their D group was already outstanding?

Del Maestro and team size and concept makes for excellent D. Brandt does little but get in the way, very well though. If they can afford Thompson & add an OA F in place of Brandt; look out.

Reactions: Tarantula

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
10 min I believe till OA trade deadline, will be interesting to see if Paps does anything. What’s your call?

Reactions: LDN

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
At this point if it's a picks only type deal, the Xhekaj deal set the bar for at the minimum return of two 2nd's, two 3rd's plus another pick/maybe body type return. There could be as many as 5 teams in on Thompson at this point. I guess a possible wrench like WJ eluded too, is if certain players don't want to be here. I really hope that's not the case, especially if Wolves are in the hunt for 05's (Soto, Pharand etc.). At the end of the day this should be very hard for Paps to F up, but this is one of his biggest tests yet to capitalize on a Thompson return by replenishing high draft picks and adding to the 04/05 core. Tick tock Paps

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
At this point if it's a picks only type deal, the Xhekaj deal set the bar for at the minimum return of two 2nd's, two 3rd's plus another pick/maybe body type return. There could be as many as 5 teams in on Thompson at this point. I guess a possible wrench like WJ eluded too, is if certain players don't want to be here. I really hope that's not the case, especially if Wolves are in the hunt for 05's (Soto, Pharand ect.). At the end of the day this should be very hard for Paps to F up, but this is one of his biggest tests yet to capitalize on a Thompson return by replenishing high draft picks and adding to the 04/05 core. Tick tock Paps[/QUOT"
may not "set the bar" as most say that was way high, if one team pays too high doesnt mean thats the bar necessarily i hope it does for you guys but i dont think the return will be that high

Reactions: yessir29292

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
may not "set the bar" as most say that was way high, if one team pays too high doesnt mean thats the bar necessarily i hope it does for you guys but i dont think the return will be that high

I guess it will depend how teams value Thompson. Thompson is an absolute stud. Put him on a contender? No.1 PP quarterback his shot is unreal and he's a master at getting pucks on net. Prolly would have made team Canada if not for Covid. To me Thompson's value should be through the roof. I think Kingston of all teams will be most desperate for Thompson, and will have to pay a high price

Reactions: ottsabrefan

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Seems by following twitter the only thing moving today are Christmas ugly sweaters sale, sale, sale:huh:

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016

Isn't that the definition of market-based pricing? Establishing comparables?

This year has seen market value be fairly low compared to other years would you not agree? The price teams are paying 100% sets the bar for equivalent players! I think if Paps takes less then 2 2nd and 2 3rds he should be fired. Other GM's are inclined to think like most posters do here that Paps NEEDS to move Thompson. He will move him for sure. Some team is going to pay! You can't just give away your assets. Needs to be based on market price and the price needs to be comparable or better then the Xhekaj deal. Look at what Romero went for! I realize Romerois likely playing another season. Thomson worth more then that for a push this year!

Reactions: howlman

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Should be interesting to see who they dress tonight (really looking at Thompson and Stillman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad