Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Unless numbers have changed since the lineup sheet came out... Micheal Tiveron sported in wolves equipment and chatting with the team.

Tiveron Right handed shot, they wrote an article on him earlier in the year, saying he has a shot to make team. McConville in tough I think .

Reactions: hockeynorth

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Add Gilhula- they both quite possibly could be playing elsewhere this season.

I love new blood

I don't mind new blood if the talent is warranted. Also, invested time in developing some of these players and to let them go it's tough I think. However, having almost 50 kids at camp, keeps everyone on their toes, and should make a more competitive team.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I don't mind new blood if the talent is warranted. Also, invested time in developing some of these players and to let them go it's tough I think. However, having almost 50 kids at camp, keeps everyone on their toes, and should make a more competitive team.

Agreed. Investing and developing is good for all concerned. Depth in the organization helps. Others can be moved to make room for and could be used as a trade chip(picks etc. Although, not sure what the return would be for those two gents. I assume very little.

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I agree with changes if a player hasnt shown year to year improvement. You have to remember you dont just toss guys you have been developing aside and throw 16 and 17 year olds into slots. You do if you if you are near the bottom and dont see an upside. A year of junior B/A can be good.

Reactions: Wolfpak

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Left prior to the third period, pretty unimpressed with this game only Levin shone per say didn’t but notice much else, Butler finally wasn’t invisible and Manikis and Biondi make a good combo but that’s about it from me

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Caron is just pure fun to watch.Great skater and sees the ice well.Positionally sound for a small guy. Could be the place of Loponen the Import on power play.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Caron is just pure fun to watch.Great skater and sees the ice well.Positionally sound for a small guy. Could be the place of Loponen the Import on power play.

Sounds good. Wonder why he never stuck with previous ohl teams

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Left prior to the third period, pretty unimpressed with this game only Levin shone per say didn’t but notice much else, Butler finally wasn’t invisible and Manikis and Biondi make a good combo but that’s about it from me
Levin didnt shine..he passed the puck which is what you are supposed to do.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
He was far and away the best player on the ice in the scrimmages, and made many great plays. The hate some of you guys have for him is hilarious.
Completely disagree with you. For the record it is not hate. When Levin passes the puck and plays a simple game he looks good. He wasnt doing
that in the first games that I watched but STARTED doing that last night. So I am not going to agree with that being standout hockey. That is how he should be playing. Clearly you have been watching a different tryout. Calm down on the hate rhetoric we are entitled to our opinions.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Couldn’t make the game this morning but sounds like a good one, if someone could give a report after it’d be very appreciated

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Any idea on when we might get word on cuts, wish I had caught the game today sounded like a good one.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
After this mornings scrimmage my personal best in show of the new players would be in the following order as I viewed them from all sessions. 1 Stillman 2 Caron 3Biondi 4 Larmand 5 Bowen 6 Gillespie 7 DeGrazia. There were lots of great moments by a lot of the new faces but this rating was who really surprised me and seemed to step up to the plate. A real good core of prospects, now the exhibition games will be the real factor.

Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

bigtimefan

Sep 23, 2015
After this mornings scrimmage my personal best in show of the new players would be in the following order as I viewed them from all sessions. 1 Stillman 2 Caron 3Biondi 4 Larmand 5 Bowen 6 Gillespie 7 DeGrazia. There were lots of great moments by a lot of the new faces but this rating was who really surprised me and seemed to step up to the plate. A real good core of prospects, now the exhibition games will be the real factor.
Agree with your list, I would add Ribeau, played a strong physical game today, hopefully McCallum is good, he would add to a very good core of young forwards with Stillman, Biondi and Larmand, looking forward to tmo nite.

Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Agree with your list, I would add Ribeau, played a strong physical game today, hopefully McCallum is good, he would add to a very good core of young forwards with Stillman, Biondi and Larmand, looking forward to tmo nite.
Does Butler make this team though?
And I think only one of Biondi and DeGrazia

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Can someone provide a list of who we have going to dev camp?

I’d assume this is who stays for preaseason:

Weeks
Bowen
Lemaire
(3)

Stratis
Ross
Thompson
Phillips
Serentis
Beattie
Caron
Ribau
(8)

Byfield
Levin
Carson
Hutcheson
Murray
Robinson
Bulitka
McConville
Gilhula
McCallum
Larmand
Stillman
Manikis
Biondi
DeGrazia
Butler
(16)

Maybes:
Heinzle
Ross

Smith
Gillespie
Tiveron
Dokis-Dupuis

Stewart
Anania
Robinson

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Surprised to see all the love for Caron. For a player his age I thought he was a bit of a trainwreck positioning wise, taking lots of dumb risks overall. From the D Ribau and Anania were the standouts for me.

Upfront I think Stillman really set himself apart from the other new players. As far as I'm concerned McCallum(from the little I saw here and at rookie camp), Larmand, Stillman, Manikis, Biondi were all a step ahead of anyone else as far as potential rookies go. I could easily see Gihula finding himself off the roster sooner rather than later.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Surprised to see all the love for Caron. For a player his age I thought he was a bit of a trainwreck positioning wise, taking lots of dumb risks overall. From the D Ribau and Anania were the standouts for me.

Upfront I think Stillman really set himself apart from the other new players. As far as I'm concerned McCallum(from the little I saw here and at rookie camp), Larmand, Stillman, Manikis, Biondi were all a step ahead of anyone else as far as potential rookies go. I could easily see Gihula finding himself off the roster sooner rather than later.
to be honest I dont see the Manikis love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad