Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
LWsCRWLDRDG
Blake Murray Quinton ByfeildMacAuley CarsonLiam Ross Peter StratisMitchell Weeks
David Levin Shane BulitkaNolan HutchesonIsaak PhillipsEmemett SerensitsJonathan Lemaire
Owen RobinsonLandon McCallumChase StillmanNathan RibauJack ThompsonDavid Bowen
Owen GilhulaEthan LarmandBlake McConvilleAndre AnaniaPayton RobinsonFrederik Dichow
Kosta ManikisBlake ButlerMichael TiveronJack ZekelmanKalle Loponen
Nicholas DeGrazia
Samuel Vachon
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
RED=OA ONLY 3 can stay BOLDed is what i think
Orange = U18 draft
Yellow = Players looking for a spot
Purple is newly traded or go in a trade
Blue = Signed
Pink - Import
Lime green - a spot in jeopardy, COuld be traded or released

Singed but didn't play ohl - Dark BLue
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Let me know what you think

Not bad. I think I'd honesty prefer to see Gilhula traded, Manikis and Butler to make the team, and McConville to be the 13th forward.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
If you think Manikis is playing anything below third line you better think again. McConville hasn’t shown much despite the opportunity so he can go and Gilhula needs to show some offence and show that he’s not afraid of contact if he wants to keep a spot. If they end up fourth line, move them on and let the 16 and 17 year olds battle to get in the lineup

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Nothing too interesting here, though I'm surprised Mazur is here as he didn't show last season

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Hoping to see him tomorrow... but guys, I think Biondi makes this team somehow if he's improved from last season

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Levin was all smiles and laughters with Byfield today. Doesnt strike me as a guy who wants out.
Thats a good sign! There was a good article on him in the paper too it does mention he had Euro offers though I think thats where the rumours came from

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Hearing Lamour may want to come play in Sudbury this season.

Seems a good kid and is local but his career numbers are atrocious. I think they are worse than McGrath in a large sample size IIRC from when WJ suggested him

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
But...but...but..."SOURCES" said so!!!
Like I said the article does make it sound like he was looking at other options and it was pretty well talked about that he may have had some frustration with his injury and the way it was handled. Laughing with someone isn't really enough to say he wasn't potentially looking for an out

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Paps would probably be in talks with Saginaw with respect to Prosveov if he comes back as an OA. I would think he is in no hurry to sign any one of our Euro picks till all the cards fall in place. The Petes are rumored to be moving Merkley and possibly a Euro. Paps should be patient and express to our 2 Euro picks that the team certainly has other options.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Paps would probably be in talks with Saginaw with respect to Prosveov if he comes back as an OA. I would think he is in no hurry to sign any one of our Euro picks till all the cards fall in place. The Petes are rumored to be moving Merkley and possibly a Euro. Paps should be patient and express to our 2 Euro picks that the team certainly has other options.
Merkley would make me nervous, such a high price and I dont know if I'd want that attitude in Sudbury. Also did not see the Euro part but did see they're looking to move SDA

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Like I said the article does make it sound like he was looking at other options and it was pretty well talked about that he may have had some frustration with his injury and the way it was handled. Laughing with someone isn't really enough to say he wasn't potentially looking for an out

Personally, if Levin was seriously considering a move to Europe, he'd be training with that club and not in the Sudbury Arena.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Personally, if Levin was seriously considering a move to Europe, he'd be training with that club and not in the Sudbury Arena.
Yes I believe it states he decided this was his best path to the NHL if someone could find the article

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Seriously could mean negotiating with a club. It’s got to be worth it, remember that players only have 18 months after graduating from the OHL to exercise their education package.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Blake Murray really standing out so far, Butler is a general on the ice but his skating is going to hold that poor kid back it’s so awkward, Phillips looks good, DeGrazia may push for a spot he likes driving the net and Larmand clearly values puck possession. I’d cut Gilhula he just looks on par with the kids which isn’t enough anymore. Hoping to see more shine in the next half but pretty disappointed McCallum isn’t playing

Reactions: Wisdom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad