Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I'm hearing a little rumbling that UPL could possibly return to the Wolves, I can't see it. But apparently he has not returned from surgery, when he does return, they might not throw him in AHL right way, and send him to play games in the OHL. Again, this is a rumour, just an interesting one to share on the board.

I heard the exact same thing yesterday afternoon. I heard he's about two week from returning to action and he's a liitle down in their depth charts. Obviously perhaps, he's been hurt. He will need games to play

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If he comes back do we completely load up?
Like deal away whatever we need to grab the top guys on the market to take a monster run a la Guelph.

I think the wolves intend to load up believing there is little to no chance UPL returns. UPL back would be awesome though.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
@dmo you hearing anything?

Where there’s smoke there’s fire fellas and we have a lot of different people claiming to have heard this rumour... we might just get UKKO back!

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
This roster is not obviously set for the rest of the season. Although injured to start the season, I don't believe they brought Manikis to play forth line minutes. Haven't seen enough of him to make a determination the type of a player he is and the type of contribution the wolves will get this season.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Watching this game vs Mississauga and the defence looks very weak today. So easy for the Missy forwards to beat our defence wide and getting those straight lanes to the net. Forwards are not in sync at all and Stillman has noticed as he's mixing up the lines to try help some of these guys get out of slumps. Robinson, Hutchison need to produce. Murray has gone quiet again. Not involved physically on the for check. Anyway something seems off with this team. Caron is in and Ribeau out. Caron has got to be the worst defensive dman and he is lucky that he's not a minus 3 after two periods.

WJ

*Note former Wolf Owen Lalonde was dealt to Flint. Looks like Barclay Branch is trying to save face on making him the number 2 overall all pick by sending Guelph 2 2nd round picks and 17 year defensive prospect. Also another conditional 2 2nd round picks if he returns as an OA. Wow did Guelph come out as bandits on this one.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Botterill was asked this Friday, he said Rochester or Cincinnati for UPL

Put the dreams back in the jar.
You mean Paps can put his dream back into the jar! I'm sure he has been waiting to here what Botterill was going to do. Now he has some real work to do find some solutions for the atrocious goaltending this team has.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
nice road win, were down 2-0 came back to win, a good team win. Weeks played well enough, I like for him to get a stretch of games, he's big, technical, and to me better goalie than Purboo, maybe needs to get more games under his belt to shine.

I like Missy game, they play physical and have nice size D, if they get some scoring could be dangerous team.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Watching this game vs Mississauga and the defence looks very weak today. So easy for the Missy forwards to beat our defence wide and getting those straight lanes to the net. Forwards are not in sync at all and Stillman has noticed as he's mixing up the lines to try help some of these guys get out of slumps. Robinson, Hutchison need to produce. Murray has gone quiet again. Not involved physically on the for check. Anyway something seems off with this team. Caron is in and Ribeau out. Caron has got to be the worst defensive dman and he is lucky that he's not a minus 3 after two periods.

WJ

*Note former Wolf Owen Lalonde was dealt to Flint. Looks like Barclay Branch is trying to save face on making him the number 2 overall all pick by sending Guelph 2 2nd round picks and 17 year defensive prospect. Also another conditional 2 2nd round picks if he returns as an OA. Wow did Guelph come out as bandits on this one.

looks like Guelph and Flint seem to be working together with the history of trades, and Burnett formerly with Flint.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad