Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleemans2

Jan 15, 2017
As Walker is an OA one of them would have to sit out everytime he dresses (of course he will be suspended once or twice as well)and in January you have to drop one. Although on paper he may only cost a pick in reality it is more so who sits for Walker?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Carson, Hutchinson, Serenitis, are good enough to drop off gloves if need be to protect Byfield. I think soon enough Byfield is going to have to step up on defending himself , just to send message he is not going to back down. However would need to choose his spots and not get hurt.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Carson, Hutchinson, Serenitis, are good enough to drop off gloves if need be to protect Byfield. I think soon enough Byfield is going to have to step up on defending himself , just to send message he is not going to back down. However would need to choose his spots and not get hurt.
I understand what your'e saying cub but we really can't afford to have him hurt and it's pretty difficult to control whether you'll injure yourself in a tussle or not. To your point though, yes the others all have to be ready to answer the bell anytime Q is given a cheap shot.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I understand what your'e saying cub but we really can't afford to have him hurt and it's pretty difficult to control whether you'll injure yourself in a tussle or not. To your point though, yes the others all have to be ready to answer the bell anytime Q is given a cheap shot.

Let us not forget Connor McDavid broke his hand in a fight in his draft year with Erie. For everyones sake, we dont need Byfield dropping the gloves, but we better send a message early that if anybody cheap shots Byfield, expect hell from one, if not all four other guys on the ice.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Let us not forget Connor McDavid broke his hand in a fight in his draft year with Erie. For everyones sake, we dont need Byfield dropping the gloves, but we better send a message early that if anybody cheap shots Byfield, expect hell from one, if not all four other guys on the ice.
Precisely my point, I was thinking of McDavid.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Agree that Byfield shouldn't risk it but also think Bulitka is too valuable as well to miss a full period or worse suspensions. Kudos to Levin last night. I am not always a fan but he is playing really well. Byfields line will always face tough match ups so it is great to see the Levin line producing.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Our three overage players are way too valuable to take in Walker. Sudbury could maybe look at Canade from Mississauga as another option. 19 years old can play all positions and is tough as nails. Should not cost the Wolves too much and would be an excellent depth guy and a solid Pilon replacement.

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Could get a chance at Walker with Oshawa now having 4 OA's. They won't be cutting Neumann so that leaves a 50/50 for Daniel staying or not. Not sure of your OA situation but he's exactly what/who you need imo.

Gens paid a 4th for Walker so can't see them cutting bait with him after 6 games. I'd assume it's Resnick on his way out. He's a more complete player than Walker but isn't as physical

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Big first period for the wolves. They were dominant. 4-1. Levin with a beauty. They hit a post as well. Lots of hockey left however.

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Great first period, yes beautiful goal by Levin. Wolves PP doing it again, fun to watch.

Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Second period, not a good one for the Wolves, Purboo makes it interesting. SSM third goal Ross got to do better in taking body, O'Rourke just skated around him. I noticed with Ross particularly this game he skates with the guy on his wing when defending instead of taking the body, and rub them out.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Third period wasn't pretty but we pulled off the win. I think legs were getting tired out there, Purboo not sure how he did it but held us in the third. :)

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Our three overage players are way too valuable to take in Walker. Sudbury could maybe look at Canade from Mississauga as another option. 19 years old can play all positions and is tough as nails. Should not cost the Wolves too much and would be an excellent depth guy and a solid Pilon replacement.

WJ

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you but...I could see this as a good move. 19 year old enforcer type who can also actually play hockey (which is still more important even in a "protector" role, and it makes sense for Missy to trade their non-OA candidate 19 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad