Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
You got it, a few of you would love us to lose the division deep down inside but pretend they are fans in their post.

It would be gut wrenching and a complete embarrassment to the Wolves organization if we lose the division this year. Can't happen

As 2nd seed and home ice, who knows. Take care of round 1, round 2 maybe we surprise the Petes in a 7 games series with home ice advantage, and round 3 we get the barn rocking again against Ottawa. We need the hockey gods to shine down on one of Purboo/Weeks to have any chance at a deep run

cub

Apr 11, 2012
It would be gut wrenching and a complete embarrassment to the Wolves organization if we lose the division this year. Can't happen

Captain Obvious, please share your thoughts for games against Saginaw and Ottawa, I like hear your thoughts prior to the games.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
You got it, a few of you would love us to lose the division deep down inside but pretend they are fans in their post.

I doubt that any of the passionate Wolves' fans on this board actually want them to fail. This is a discussion board and regardless of the venting that goes on here, which should be expected, we all want the team to win and that's actually the reason we vent. Go Wolves!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Captain Obvious, please share your thoughts for games against Saginaw and Ottawa, I like hear your thoughts prior to the games.

Pom Poms, I think the Wolves get one point this weekend, hopefully two points. The effort will be there, but we face two higher end skilled teams. I also think Papineau will continue his hissy fits up top, maybe breaking some things in the process.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I doubt that any of the passionate Wolves' fans on this board actually want them to fail. This is a discussion board and regardless of the venting that goes on here, which should be expected, we all want the team to win and that's actually the reason we vent. Go Wolves!

I hope you're right, I just love the comments that trying to set up for failure, if we lose the division, nothing is guaranteed, it's a tough league. I will stick with my team no matter the outcome.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Pom Poms is feeling the pressure of failure with his boy Papineau after constantly defending his work as GM. Captain Obvious at your service

Who starts tonight, Purboo or Weeks? :popcorn:

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Pom Poms, I think the Wolves get one point this weekend, hopefully two points. The effort will be there, but we face two higher end skilled teams. I also think Papineau will continue his hissy fits up top, maybe breaking some things in the process.

Captain Obvious thanks, can you please take a video of Papineau hissy fits, I call B.S. A lot of good story tellers on this board.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Pom Poms is feeling the pressure of failure with his boy Papineau after constantly defending his work as GM. Captain Obvious at your service

Who starts tonight, Purboo or Weeks? :popcorn:

No pressure at all, I will sleep well no matter what happens. I say Purboo starts tonight.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Well said. It looks like someone is having a conversation with himself. I didn't think a fan discussing management was setting a team up for failure. I would think success and failure lies with the players, coaches and management. But what do I know? I am just a season ticket holder with no right to an opinion..lol gotta love this board.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I hope you're right, I just love the comments that trying to set up for failure, if we lose the division, nothing is guaranteed, it's a tough league. I will stick with my team no matter the outcome.

you will stick with the GM that you stuck your neck for. Not winning the division would indeed be an epic fail.

Seeing the line-up the ‘67s finished with vs NB, I can see them going pointless this weekend on their longest road trip.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
you will stick with the GM that you stuck your neck for. Not winning the division would indeed be an epic fail.

Seeing the line-up the ‘67s finished with vs NB, I can see them going pointless this weekend on their longest road trip.

So you're saying there is a chance for us then?

cub

Apr 11, 2012

So do you want the Wolves to win or what just curious where you stand? professional GM of the HFBoards

Reactions: Iloveallsports

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So do you want the Wolves to win or what just curious where you stand? professional GM of the HFBoards

(was) really hopeful of a long playoff this season, pom-poms. Papineau went through way too many assets in three seasons for mediocrity this season to be considered anything other than a failure. With a re-tooling period almost inevitable and the 2-seed almost a gimme, Papineau could not or would not give the wolves a real chance to win. Perplexing to say the least.
Barrie had one of best re-tooling seasons I’ve ever seen. They will be a very good team for 2-3 years. NB is a couple of draft commitments this off-season away from a sustained run near the top of the conference. Niagara has the most 2-4 picks in the league to rebuild with.
I am not not at all impressed with the position Papineau has the wolves in. Miss the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons including a non-disguised tank for ...?

Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
(was) really hopeful of a long playoff this season, pom-poms. Papineau went through way too many assets in three seasons for mediocrity this season to be considered anything other than a failure. With a re-tooling period almost inevitable and the 2-seed almost a gimme, Papineau could not or would not give the wolves a real chance to win. Perplexing to say the least.
Barrie had one of best re-tooling seasons I’ve ever seen. They will be a very good team for 2-3 years. NB is a couple of draft commitments this off-season away from a sustained run near the top of the conference. Niagara has the most 2-4 picks in the league to rebuild with.
I am not not at all impressed with the position Papineau has the wolves in. Miss the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons including a non-disguised tank for ...?

Expert GM HFBoards, don't always change the subject, do you want the Wolves to win? I'm trying to know if your a Wolves Fan, or just an expert GM wannabe.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Expert GM HFBoards, don't always change the subject, do you want the Wolves to win? I'm trying to know if your a Wolves Fan, or just an expert GM wannabe.

expressing my disappointment of the GM’s waste of assets to neither win now or near future clearly illustrates that I want to see the wolves win.
Do you just want to say, ‘cub know good GM’; or, do want the wolves to win?

Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
expressing my disappointment of the GM’s waste of assets to neither win now or near future clearly illustrates that I want to see the wolves win.
Do you just want to say, ‘cub know good GM’; or, do want the wolves to win?

Expert GM HFBoards, I'm glad to hear you want the Wolves to win because you constantly bad mouth them. You're entitled to your expert opinion in your own mind, you seem to go on everyones board and give your expert opinion for free. I suggest that you start charging for your services. A man of your talent should be in some top end organization, instead of wasting all your free time on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad