Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Right cub but I think you’d agree that it would take shrewd dealing to not set us back next year for the sake of an extra round this year. We lose almost nothing next year so with solid goaltending we should be a top contender.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Right cub but I think you’d agree that it would take shrewd dealing to not set us back next year for the sake of an extra round this year. We lose almost nothing next year so with solid goaltending we should be a top contender.

I think if we can tinker without losing major resources, we still be in good shape for next season. Will see where they are at Christmas.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Outside of London getting Bouchard & Forementon back and using some of their boatloads of picks, the next three best teams in the league could very well end up being Ottawa, Niagara, & Oshawa.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think if we can tinker without losing major resources, we still be in good shape for next season. Will see where they are at Christmas.

For sure. The wolves can package good enough players to get one top six F or top four D with a chance of returning next season

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Um, have you boys checked the KIA CHL rankings?
Congrats, bumped out the ICE Dogs, good work.
Nice to see Sudbury on the list, but what a joke those rankings are. London Knights 1 game above .500 as a top 5 team. Kitchener undefeated in regulation outside the top 10? As usual politics at work.

I'm not going to waste my breath on the thoughts of trading Ross. However him getting walked around likely relates more to him playing vs other teams top lines vs other defenders like Stratis, Thompson, Philips getting easier matchups.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Outside of London getting Bouchard & Forementon back and using some of their boatloads of picks, the next three best teams in the league could very well end up being Ottawa, Niagara, & Oshawa.
Right. Don’t know if these guys are back though. Think they’e playing well. Guelph could make a push too.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well, some would say that the Wolves are now the team to beat in the east. I have seen your goaltender play, he is Closer to NHL caliber than OHL for sure.
He is yes, I’m fact he almost looks too good for junior at times. I love that we’ve started so well but to say we’re the team to beat is premature to say the least. Niagara, Ottawa, Oshawa, Peterborough, Barrie (not sure about their goaltending) will all have something to say. What would a couple of moves do for them? Again I see more parody than usual early on. Let’s hold the till the break. I almost didn’t want this ranking. Don’t necessarily want them reading this. Give me the underdog, under the radar role for some time yet. Also I frankly don’t give much thought to these rankings.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well, some would say that the Wolves are now the team to beat in the east. I have seen your goaltender play, he is Closer to NHL caliber than OHL for sure.
Great to see Sudbury doing so well and ranked 8 in the CHL. Saginaw was ranked top 10 earlier and never thought it would happen. It is a good feeling even if it is early in the year. Have a good season.

Reactions: justawolfan and cub

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
He looks like the type of tender who could carry a team and win at least 12 PO games. Stillman has most of the tools. Those Pilon twins could make the difference when it comes to spring toughness.
Either way, it’s excitimg to see the Wolves up there nevertheless.

Reactions: cub and hockeynorth

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Ive heard Gilhula, Robinson and Pilon may be about ready to rejoin the lineup from injury...

Personally I don't think I mess with chemistry that is working well together. As long as they're winning I don't think I would change a thing.

What y'all think ?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
O’Bonsawin and Eschweiler filled in quite well but that’s all. The team is better with Gilhula, Robinson and Pilon then with the other two. McConville, Gilhula and Robinson would likely have to rotate out of the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad