Post-Game Talk: Suck it Buffalo. Wild beat Oil 2-1.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Honestly I think buffalo will only win maybe 5-7 more games this season. There is no way to out tank them, but their chances of winning the lottery are pretty low so I could see them not picking 1st in June.

I think they win around 10 more games but we still finish ahead of them. Don't think we pass ARZ or CAR but I think one of those two wins 1st overall Sabres get 2nd and we pick 3rd for second straight year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think they win around 10 more games but we still finish ahead of them. Don't think we pass ARZ or CAR but I think one of those two wins 1st overall Sabres get 2nd and we pick 3rd for second straight year.

I think it will be hilarious if the Oilers sit Hall out for "precautionary reasons" on Thursday.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
A Buffalo fan in the tank thread is saying they will be impressed if Oilers fans cheer for Sabres goals on Thursday.

Challenge accepted.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
A Buffalo fan in the tank thread is saying they will be impressed if Oilers fans cheer for Sabres goals on Thursday.

Challenge accepted.

That would make any person in the stands pathetic. What losing moron would waste his time mocking a team. All the individuals who have valuable lives, and dont support this team, stopped attending the games long ago.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That would make any person in the stands pathetic. What losing moron would waste his time mocking a team. All the individuals who have valuable lives, and dont support this team, stopped attending the games long ago.

This management staff deserves to be mocked. Mercilessly.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
This management staff deserves to be mocked. Mercilessly.

Only if the person actually thinks a business made out of adults playing a kids game is to be valued in life.
A child, with a preschool iq, can alsonotice youd be mocking every player in an oilers jersey and not just management.

Why does this juvenile crap even need to be explained.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Watched the last two periods, so from my viewing it was a tie game with yakupov laying guys out, creating tons of chances.

Team play looks better, just structurally so much better. I even liked what I say from Schultz!

I missed what took place on that second goal though? A terrible shift change it looked like? Which it still sucks to win but as structure improves goals like that dissapear and close games turn to wins.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Watched the last two periods, so from my viewing it was a tie game with yakupov laying guys out, creating tons of chances.

Team play looks better, just structurally so much better. I even liked what I say from Schultz!

I missed what took place on that second goal though? A terrible shift change it looked like? Which it still sucks to win but as structure improves goals like that dissapear and close games turn to wins.

When I watch Yak, he especially plays great, when he's hitting people. Kid should hit more.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Only if the person actually thinks a business made out of adults playing a kids game is to be valued in life.
A child, with a preschool iq, can alsonotice youd be mocking every player in an oilers jersey and not just management.

Why does this juvenile crap even need to be explained.

What does mocking have to do with how valuable something is in the grand scheme of things? Quite honestly if you're one of the 18000 people who have the disposable income to go to the game in the first place, you've already made a decision about how valuable attending "a bunch of adults playing a kid's game" is.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Yak and Ebs with two huge giveaways today.

At least Yak moves his feet out there.

Eberle has been invisible this year for large portions of games. Its tough to watch.

i was at the game. yak was good as was the Wagon Line.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
How long until fans are in agreement that Nelson should lose his interim tag?

MacT won't do that, he will want to make it look like he is actually thinking things through. I would hope the fans are onboard with Nelson at this point, I don't know what more he could do to prove he should get the real job.

It seems the handling of players that Nelson is displaying may be going against what the brass thinks, hopefully it brings change to the brass. I think he is making them look like fools.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton

He shouldn't. If he has the team playing better, he should be 1 of several coaches given an interview. Once proper due diligence is done if he is the best man for the job....I can live with that.

If someone else is more qualified and gets hired " I'm looking at you Babcock" than I am fine with that also.

Please don't just give someone the job without an interview process. :nod:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
He shouldn't. If he has the team playing better, he should be 1 of several coaches given an interview. Once proper due diligence is done if he is the best man for the job....I can live with that.

If someone else is more qualified and gets hired " I'm looking at you Babcock" than I am fine with that also.

Nelson would need an interview with the Oilers after coaching 50 games for them?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

It won't happen until after the season, but the team is sure as hell moving in a positive direction under him. They could use a veteran associate coach still, but after what happened last time they went looking for that I'm kind of scared....

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

I would say having to coach this group of misfits for the next few months is a more in-depth interview process than any other potential candidate will have to endure.

We will see what happens.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Let's wait until he finishes up the season if the team keeps moving in the right direction and doesn't revert back to old ways I'm all for giving him serious consideration. I would want them to turf Acton and go hard for Larry Robinson. Even if Nelson looks good, fact of the matter is he's still a rookie HC in the NHL and I would want him surrounded with some proven coaches like Ramsay and Robinson.

Of course if some whales (Babcock, Tippett, Mclennan, Hitchcock) come on the market they really really really need to push for a guy like that.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
MacT won't do that, he will want to make it look like he is actually thinking things through. I would hope the fans are onboard with Nelson at this point, I don't know what more he could do to prove he should get the real job.

It seems the handling of players that Nelson is displaying may be going against what the brass thinks, hopefully it brings change to the brass. I think he is making them look like fools.

"He would want to make it look like he's thinking things through"?

That statement would qualify as the exact opposite of Mactavish's behavior since taking over as GM :laugh:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
"He would want to make it look like he's thinking things through"?

That statement would qualify as the exact opposite of Mactavish's behavior since taking over as GM :laugh:

So true! I am hoping he is learning something from all the blowback from fans. He does not want join Lowe in the bunker just yet.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So true! I am hoping he is learning something from all the blowback from fans. He does not want join Lowe in the bunker just yet.

I haven't seen anything from Mactavish that makes me think he learns anything.

Nelson has impressed me and I was never high on him getting the job. His permanent hiring would go in the face of me believing they shouldn't be promoting from within at this point but it does give me comfort knowing Mactavish wanted nothing to do with this guy when he first became GM probably for no other reason that he was a Tambellini hire. Now that same guy is saving his job. It's funny stuff.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
^in my opinion, sometimes it's not a bad thing to just promote from within and not go through a long interview process. i agreed with the Nelson promotion....he did his time and deserved a chance after having many successful years in the AHL and now we're seeing the results of his abilities....this team looks like it's finally found a coach that the players actually listen to and Nelson did coach a lot of these guys in the AHL already. give him a shot for the rest of the season and if it doesn't work, then go through the lengthy interview process and hire yet another coach.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia

I think MacT will fire him. When Nelson took over, MacT expected him to make the playoffs. Eakins could turn into Billy Martin and be back next year. Who is 1st overall draft eligible in 2018?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00