Post-Game Talk: Suck it Buffalo. Wild beat Oil 2-1.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Good game from yak.... unfortunately most people will remember this game for his turnover

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So what's Dubnyk's record/stats against the Oilers compared to the rest of his games?

I only caught the end of the 2nd and the 3rd. Didn't really get much of a feel for the game. Both teams seemed to be playing pretty loosely. Oilers had plenty of chances, but missed the net on all most all of them. By my count, Nuge, Pouliot, Purcell, Schultz and then Lander with about 25 seconds left all had great scoring chances and didn't end up with a shot on net. Not good enough. Not a good pass by Eberle on the go ahead goal. And then got robbed by Dubnyk in the final minute.

That Yakupov penalty with 12 seconds left was so stupid. I can't believe they called that a penalty.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
finish_powerball_orange_600x450.png

polish_small.jpg

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I saw about 3 minutes of the 2nd period. That was more than enough "Oilers hockey" for me for the night.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Oilers had so many chances to win this game. A few mistakes and they need to learn how to finish but overall I thought the team put forward a good effort minus Eberles back check. Fasth was solid so was Petry, hopefully they at least try to get him signed but at the very least these guys are raising their play and maybe their value slightly heading into the deadline if they can keep t up.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Was a complete game one of the few games where I think the Oilers out chanced the opponent.

Good

Nuge
Petry
Fasth
Gordon
Yakupov (minus turnover)

Poop

Nikitin
Schultz
Purcell

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Game started out slow, but probably one of the more entertaining 3rd periods we've seen in Edmonton in quite some time.

Tough luck on the giveaway by Yak, but man did he try to make up for it. The game breaking talent that made him the consensus top pick in his draft year is clearly still there, and it's nice to see him starting to have good games that he can build off of. Hopefully he can get back on track to being the potential franchise player and top line right winger form he flashed in his first season.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
That's too bad, you missed a helluva 3rd.
game picked up considerably...it's been a while since the Oilers had me jumpin a few times.

It was a very exciting 3rd, we look like an actual NHL team that gives a crap.

I'm at a point where I don't want to invest 2 hours into the Oilers to see if they're going to start trying after they're down a goal or two in the third period.

There needs to be some app or twitter account that informs people that the Oilers are giving a crap and the game is worth watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad