Successful Off-season?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I don't know, Stewart showed flashes for sure, but he pretty much was exactly what we were told. Decent for stretches, but then he completely disappears.

If he'd take a 1 year deal, I'd happily take him back. Don't see it happening unless we moves Backs though.

Backs must not be willing to move his NMC either, I'd expect Arizona would be all over him if we retained a bit.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
If he'd take a 1 year deal, I'd happily take him back. Don't see it happening unless we moves Backs though.

Backs must not be willing to move his NMC either, I'd expect Arizona would be all over him if we retained a bit.

No, Backstrom's contract was backloaded so Arizona would not have interest in it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Try not to freak out tomorrow when other teams in the division may pull in some better talent, while we stand fairly still. It's a cap world now, and things are tight. Fletcher sounds okay with it being close to a carbon copy of last year's roster minus guys like Brodz. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Russo

As I’ve written all week, Fletcher and Yeo seem quite comfortable if it returns with the same team. There’s a chance very little will be different, except for the fact Yeo is now the third-youngest coach in the NHL as opposed to the youngest for four straight years.

As for Granlund....

Excerpt from Russo

It’s clear both sides are getting frustrated with each other. Fletcher said Saturday it’d get done if his agent got more reasonable. His agent didn’t take the shot too kindly. So we’ll see where this goes.

:shakehead:shakehead

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Try not to freak out tomorrow when other teams in the division may pull in some better talent, while we stand fairly still. It's a cap world now, and things are tight. Fletcher sounds okay with it being close to a carbon copy of last year's roster minus guys like Brodz. It sucks, but it is what it is.

As for Granlund....

Excerpt from Russo

I wouldn't be shocked if Granny's traded come July 3rd and other teams miss out on big name FAs.

I don't think it'll happen, but I would not be surprised at all, assuming some other C is sent back this way.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Russo

As for Granlund....

Excerpt from Russo

Well, if his agent is asking for much more than Zibanejad, he can go pound sand.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I don't know, Stewart showed flashes for sure, but he pretty much was exactly what we were told. Decent for stretches, but then he completely disappears.

while im usually one that wants stats to back things up , imo we dont beat the blues without stewart throwing his weight around.

Billy Mays Here*

Granlund is the only decent center we have. If we lose him then there's no point even watching this team with as bad as our center position already is.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Granlund is the only decent center we have. If we lose him then there's no point even watching this team with as bad as our center position already is.

So Koivu's no longer even decent. Love to see us miss the playoffs without him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd still like to find a way to bring Brodz back, we're gonna miss him a lot IMO

He's an already slow player who is slowing down, and had a good contract year, just like the last contract year he had.

I think we'd regret signing him. Time to move on, for all that he did some good things here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
while im usually one that wants stats to back things up , imo we dont beat the blues without stewart throwing his weight around.

Yes, it is nice to have him take a shift out there once in a while, cruising like a Great White Shark and scaring all the other fish.

Kind of a luxury, though, and I don't think we can afford luxury.

Granlund scored eight freakin goals last season. I've been underwhelmed by the guy since he came into the league... no way I put long term money into him until he produces more, and shows he can withstand the physical play in the NHL.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Long as Granlund, Schroeder and Haula are retained I would say yes. There wasn't much more they could have done IMO.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dang that sucks. I've got him on radio. Just been talking to Parrish so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad