OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I once gave a chipmunk a potato chip and it was adorable watching it nibble on it.

#TeamChipmunk

Found my pictures of said chipmunk noshing on said potato chip. (Taken with my old phone while trying not to startle it, hence the blurriness.)

Attachments

• 20180727_125555.jpg
    20180727_125555.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180727_125604.jpg
    20180727_125604.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I feed all of ‘em.

Birds, chipmunks and Squirrels.
Even have heated bird bath so they can get fresh water year round. I enjoy it.View attachment 665352

A neighbor I had used to toss a couple pounds of bird food on her back deck every afternoon. The critters would swarm in and feast. I swear it looked like the "making the dress for the ball" scene from Cinderella.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
we get every kind of bird. Squirrels. Chipmunks. Turkeys.
Beyond the fence up back Fox, deer, coyotes, possums. Once and awhile fisher cats.
Nice....I was working a job in Dunstable , Mass late last fall. Homeowner from Cali just bought it. So I had the house for a few weeks while remodeling it. I told him that he has 5 visitng bears visitng his back yard everynight at sundown. I didn't take any chances and cut my lumber in the garage and not outside...lol

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
we get every kind of bird. Squirrels. Chipmunks. Turkeys.
Beyond the fence up back Fox, deer, coyotes, possums. Once and awhile fisher cats.

We have a family of deer we see almost daily. The fisher cats make some creepy noises. The turkeys have been staying clear of my house, as the dog chases them around and they fly up into the trees.

Our property abuts wetlands, so we have fewer people and more living creatures, best move we ever made.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yep, its the little things that get me through the chaos...

For instance, right now is an exciting time in the Camfan house (well at least for me). My hot pepper plants are starting to sprout! I plant them from seed indoor every winter and watch over them like a bird tending to its eggs :laugh:

Now the lights go on for about 18hrs a day until its warm enough outside, then my 100 or so babies go outside into the real world. When they're fully grown I dry them and grind them into flakes, make hot pepper jelly, hot sauce, and pickle the rest. The lineup this year is Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper, Pot Lava Yellow for the super hots and Habanero & Cayenne for the regular heat. Can't wait!

I have to grind them outside - thanks to an unfortunate incident that the family will never let me live down.
View attachment 664783

If only 20year old Camfan could see me now lol :wally:
My brother would like to be your best friend lol. He is a hot sauce fanatic

• Love
Reactions: CamFan81

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
UPDATES:

Gifford's is still out there but there was significant damage in that production fire in Skowhegan; so some brands are being outsourced ; family has made the difficult choice to close/sell the freestanding building in Auburn for redevelopment;

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
There is a rat running around in my backyard and I’m ready to go nuclear every time I see him. There is a dumpster from a restaurant on one side of the fence and a restaurant with their grease barrels on the other side of our street. Uses the yard as his go between and my wife freaks out every time she sees him.

• Wow
Reactions: sooshii

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Catching Hamilton at the opera house tonight. The lady is excited so I should be too, but just the thoughts of driving in, dealing with parking and dinner, sitting three hours in the same chair for a musical, and driving back…concern me.

Reactions: sooshii

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Anyone else in home remodeling hell?

Trying to juggle contractors and supply chain disruptions has been rough, in addition to finding out where to relocate wife and kids when kitchen gets demolished and rebuilt. Plus, my main carpenter is going through a nasty divorce and disappears for weeks on end. Argh.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anyone else in home remodeling hell?

Trying to juggle contractors and supply chain disruptions has been rough, in addition to finding out where to relocate wife and kids when kitchen gets demolished and rebuilt. Plus, my main carpenter is going through a nasty divorce and disappears for weeks on end. Argh.
Just did it. 7 months to finish a kitchen. I think it was 7 months anyway. 35 grand (EDIT: Just found a pic of the demo almost finished, and it was 7 months ago)

I lost track of time, money, and my sanity

EDIT: I should mention that this was a complete gut job. Took it down to the studs, had to replace or shore up some of them anyway, sub floor got taken out, ceiling was ripped down, all the electrical and plumbing was rerouted/replaced, even had to add some extra lally columns in the cellar to hold it all up cuz we added an island and a peninsula

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I feed all of ‘em.

Birds, chipmunks and Squirrels.
Even have heated bird bath so they can get fresh water year round. I enjoy it.View attachment 665352
A bear took down my bird feeder hanger (that held 8 feeders). He actually broke it in half. I will put up another once the ground is unfrozen. I still feed birds, squirrels and chippies and have a birdbath that is heated. I buy a huge bag of peanuts and the squirrels and some birds love them

Reactions: NeelyDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad