OT - NO POLITICS Subs, taxes and frozen pipes edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Borelli’s in Methuen on 110 makes the absolute best subs I’ve ever had. Bar none.

I’m not going to say they’re better than *your* favorite place, but they’re the best *I’ve* ever had. D’Agostino’s in Arlington makes a pretty great sandwich, too.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I wonder if any of you all could help me out with a non-hockey issue..I'm a long-time member, but I don't post too often as I prefer just to read everyone's views. I'm repainting my basement (family home) but have never done so before. The details: three of the four walls were painted sometime in the distant past (house is a ranch with 832 sq. ft basement, built in 1967), but the paint is flaking away in spots. the fourth wall and floor were never sealed and painted.

My question: What would be the best approached to repainting the walls and floor? I have read about things like adding a densifier to strengthen the concrete, but then read that I shouldn't paint basement walls in order to let them breathe. Any guidance you all can provide is greatly appreciated! I'm just crowd sourcing this from friends, family and now you all as best I can.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
FOMO
On Monday I had my third cancer surgery in the last 6 months. Get your mammograms ladies, but don’t schedule them for Friday the 13th. That’s just tempting fate.

Also, read your own scan results because even though you might not know what they mean, you have time to Google stuff like “cystic masslike lesion” in your thyroid that your breast cancer radiologist may overlook.

I found out last week that I’ll be in Boston in March for work, so I spent an obscene amount on a ticket to the B’s-Rangers matinee. We only go around once, right? That’s why we have to make the most of right now. ;)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
FOMO
On Monday I had my third cancer surgery in the last 6 months. Get your mammograms ladies, but don’t schedule them for Friday the 13th. That’s just tempting fate.

Also, read your own scan results because even though you might not know what they mean, you have time to Google stuff like “cystic masslike lesion” in your thyroid that your breast cancer radiologist may overlook.

I found out last week that I’ll be in Boston in March for work, so I spent an obscene amount on a ticket to the B’s-Rangers matinee. We only go around once, right? That’s why we have to make the most of right now. ;)

best wishes Susan!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Borelli’s in Methuen on 110 makes the absolute best subs I’ve ever had. Bar none.

I’m not going to say they’re better than *your* favorite place, but they’re the best *I’ve* ever had. D’Agostino’s in Arlington makes a pretty great sandwich, too.
Is Brandi’s still around in Methuen? That place was savage when I was a kid

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Lol part of 2 restaurant openings since December. Neither one is doing as well as they thought.
The restaurant industry is brutal.

I love to cook, I love food, recipes, dining out, but never in a million years would I consider owning or operating a restaurant. I think everyone thinks that they have some kitchen experience and can come up with a good menu, so they think they can do it, but something like 50% of them go under within a year. Plus you're working like 80 hour weeks and it's all on weeknights and weekends when all your friends and family are off and would want to spend time with you, etc. Maybe if you're really called to it as a profession, but I could never do that.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
FOMO

Best wishes Susan.:heart: Cancer sucks and it is a good reminder to us all to get your checkups so thanks for that.

Where are you sitting for the game?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
FOMO

Best wishes and lots of positive healing vibes to you. I promised my neighbour who battled breast cancer to get the mammograms regularly. She is a survivor and is such a positive person. Have fun at the game and they had better win!

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
FOMO

setting the intention for safe travel and ease in healing

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
New job swagg

Attachments

• 1009A2B3-0DAE-454B-800E-FADF50ABB1D0.jpeg
    1009A2B3-0DAE-454B-800E-FADF50ABB1D0.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 3

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
FOMO

I'm so sorry Susan. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Can confirm. I know the people who own it. Absolutely fantastic people. Food is always excellent. And they take pride in their food.
And it shows. I worked in Eastie for the Health Center for about a year and a half, and that was where my boss took me for lunch the very first day I was there. He wanted me to know about it, and he was not wrong.

Reactions: Mione134

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
FOMO

You got this Susan, I promise you, you got this:)

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
FOMO

Healing Blessings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad