Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
FOMO
On Monday I had my third cancer surgery in the last 6 months. Get your mammograms ladies, but don’t schedule them for Friday the 13th. That’s just tempting fate.

Also, read your own scan results because even though you might not know what they mean, you have time to Google stuff like “cystic masslike lesion” in your thyroid that your breast cancer radiologist may overlook.

I found out last week that I’ll be in Boston in March for work, so I spent an obscene amount on a ticket to the B’s-Rangers matinee. We only go around once, right? That’s why we have to make the most of right now. ;)

Sending you all my love, prayers, and healing vibes your way!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
FOMO
On Monday I had my third cancer surgery in the last 6 months. Get your mammograms ladies, but don’t schedule them for Friday the 13th. That’s just tempting fate.

Also, read your own scan results because even though you might not know what they mean, you have time to Google stuff like “cystic masslike lesion” in your thyroid that your breast cancer radiologist may overlook.

I found out last week that I’ll be in Boston in March for work, so I spent an obscene amount on a ticket to the B’s-Rangers matinee. We only go around once, right? That’s why we have to make the most of right now. ;)
Glad you are on the road to recovery!

I echo getting your mammograms. Glad I pushed back when the lady tried to tell me I was too young and I should wait a few years.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
FOMO

Wholeheartedly agree and hope you are recovering well :rose: Do what brings you joy!
Hope to see you at the Rangers game!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had my first mammogram at 35, which is the baseline age. There was no way I wasn't going to start then- my mom had had a lump removed when she was 21 and I had lost my closest friend/mentor to an aggressive form of breast cancer (she was only 50 when she died). I've had one every year since and do self exam too. Those two incidents really left their mark on me.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I bought a new Ninja blender on Amazon that got delivered today and I haven't used it yet but it seems pretty nice although I wish for $100 the pitcher and the two 16oz single serve cups were glass and not plastic. Still feels good quality though just from washing the pieces and setting it up etc.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I bought a new Ninja blender on Amazon that got delivered today and I haven't used it yet but it seems pretty nice although I wish for $100 the pitcher and the two 16oz single serve cups were glass and not plastic. Still feels good quality though just from washing the pieces and setting it up etc.
I love my ninja. I use it for smoothies, frappes and dips like guac and hummus

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Frozen bananas, milk, and peanut butter powder makes a world class smoothie in the Ninja

Reactions: sooshii

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I had an old Ninja blender and some piece of it broke, so I contacted them for a replacement part. They sent me a whole new (several generations newer) blender/food processor - no charge.
Also swear by the Ninja Foodi air fryer/pressure cooker/slow cooker. Hubby just made wings all by himself!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Would regular creamy peanut butter work(not the powder)? I always buy Teddy's which is only peanuts and salt.

Yes, the regular PB is just as good.

That's a good base for a smmothie that you can then add things to to your preference. I put some cocoa powder in because it actually has a decent amount of fiber, and sometimes graham crackers to give it a smores-like taste. Options are nearly endless tbqh.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Rancher burger while I trained at work.
Have had better.

Attachments

• C435E1A9-A10E-49FF-BE21-5E8CBF3B0CBC.jpeg
    C435E1A9-A10E-49FF-BE21-5E8CBF3B0CBC.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: BMC and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
FOMO

I’m so stunned to hear this news Susan. I had no idea. I’ll add you to my thoughts and prayers. I think you not only deserve the bruins tix but should book another Bruce show to boot…

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I do frozen peaches, raspberries, lactose free yogurt and milk along with vanilla protein powder for my smoothies. If I want a super sweet fix I will purée raspberries with a few frozen peaches and strain it then blend with chocolate protein powder the yogurt and milk and then freeze it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I do frozen peaches, raspberries, lactose free yogurt and milk along with vanilla protein powder for my smoothies. If I want a super sweet fix I will purée raspberries with a few frozen peaches and strain it then blend with chocolate protein powder the yogurt and milk and then freeze it.
I'll try that. Sounds good for the morning except for the lactose free part. Winter is annoying when its impossible to have garden, but we have blueberry bushes(late july) and a raspberry patch that produces end of sunmer.

But I love making food/anything for friends/family using ingredients I know I grew organically in the backyard.

Reactions: sooshii

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
FOMO

Best wishes for a full, speedy recovery!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Funny…… reading about the Ninja and I look at up at my blender and it’s a Ninja!

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Kate08 The Mayor of Malden decrees Winter Is Ovah

A few years ago the city changed the winter parking rules. It used to be Nov 1 - Apr 1, but with the mild winters recently it’s more on an as-needed basis. Winter parking goes in to effect during the first storm that requires snow removal equipment. They put the parking rules into effect as of 2/1 due to a forecasted active pattern but that changed so they lifted it again. I haven’t seen that before…will be interesting to see if we get a late season blast but I really hope not!

These parking rules make way more sense so I’m glad they made the change.

Reactions: Fenway and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'll try that. Sounds good for the morning except for the lactose free part. Winter is annoying when its impossible to have garden, but we have blueberry bushes(late july) and a raspberry patch that produces end of sunmer.

But I love making food/anything for friends/family using ingredients I know I grew organically in the backyard.
I have no choice especially with the yogurt. I can do regular nonfat milk and ice cream but anything else is a no.

My mom prefers to freeze it bc it can get thick. I’ve learned to purée the fruit first and then depending on the thickness, I add the yogurt and milk. I do it all by eye.

I will find the blueberry muffin shake I’ve made before that is delicious.

I wish I could have a small garden outside but renting doesn’t allow it. I am growing garlic in a planting bag at my mom’s and it should be ready in late June. I used store bought garlic to try and next year if I’m successful, I’ll be buying it from a garlic farmer.

There is nothing better than tomatoes from the garden

• Love
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad