Subban's play since coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i believed strongly that if Subban continued to work on his game and progress the way he has since getting drafted, that he would one day be solidly among the elite dmen in the game...

if he keeps up his play of late, he'll be in the running for a Norris THIS YEAR :eek:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
:D

BCm1Xw-CQAA3Ozl.png

Come back soon Diaz.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Subban has been simply amazing, we all knew what he could do with more ice time, and I feel Therrien has done a terrific job handling it.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I know, I know..the "bridge contract" rule..

But I still cannot believe some people didn't think he deserved a long term deal. :amazed:

PricePkPatch*

Therrien currently propping Subban big time. Saying he's playing the best hockey he's seen him play so far. Subban is the kind of player that just loves to play, and his main problem is that this leads him to overdo things a bit at times.

When he keep things straight and simple, Subban is simply dominating.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If anything good came out of all the contract BS, is that he seems a bit more humble. You barely ever see him talking smack, or messing around after the whistle.

He has taken that out of his game and he's more effective, who would have figured that? GO Subbanator!

Habtchum*

PK is preparing himself a very huge contract in one year from now.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I guess that pro-rated stats (i.e. pts/icetime) would show that PK is now the most productive defensman in the whole league. Unreal.

Hope he get signed longterm this summer!
Letang has a point every 24.083 minutes of play.
PK has one point per 24.05 minutes (including game against FLA).

Edit: But with two points tonight (up to now), Letang has probably decrease the time between points lower than PK.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
PK is preparing himself a very huge contract in one year from now.

If he keeps going that way, with Bergevin extending MaxPac a year before the end of his bridge deal, I would expect him to try to do the same with PK and get him at a cheaper deal.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
It seems that MB's idea was that a huge contract would put too much pressure on PK.

Right now, he's playing with absolutely no pressure at all... and it shows. Next year, he'll be ready to take on the huge contract and the pressure that comes with it.

I would not even be surprised if PK signs long term for a little under his expected value (i.e. as Patches did). These guys want to win.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
He's turning weaknesses into strengths. Markov is really rubbing off on him. If he can keep this up, he will be in the Norris scene asap! Markov and him are both playing great hockey right now.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
His decision making was exceptionally quick tonight. I can't remember an instance where he coughed up the puck on the break-out. He made a couple 80 foot passes without really thinking about it. His decision making and passing on the PP tonight were very good. And his decision making in regards to getting the puck on net was very quick.

Excellent game from PK tonight.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
There's no question P.K. should be in the discussion for the Norris this year, but it's still a little early. He missed those opening games and the Habs did well without him. If he keeps up this near point a game pace, continues to play 27 minutes a game and stays a solid plus player then he will get noticed for sure.

I know some people on here were doubtful about his offensive potential. I always thought he would be a 50-60 point player, but not Karlssonesque at 70+ pts. Right now, he is playing offensively at a Karlsson pace. He's been really impressive doing it too.

Hopefully, this is something he can keep doing because it would be amazing to have a player like that who can put up those points, shut down other guys and be so strong physically.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Darche sticking up for Subban. Said he didn't like how some players reacted to his contract issues this year. Good stuff.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
For someone that criticizes the other poster of ''reading 101'' you certainly have a hard time understanding yourself.

Everybody here agreed PK improved. Where we differ in opinion is on the amount of improvements and their magnitude. Not sure how this becomes ''nothing was wrong with PK and he didn't improve''.

I don't think you're being fair in your evaluation either. PK did not have end to end rushes that lead nowhere on a nightly basis. You're exaggerating. His wind up was the same the first year and he pot 14goals. I don't think it's even a problem. When it's come to the point where we are discussing the wind up of a player's slap shot then I feel people are seriously looking for flaws.
Again, it doesn't matter how often he did those things, they remain small corrections.

Also, as was mentioned, you can easily argue that some of the ''flaws'' you mentioned were more a product of him playing on a 28th place team with absolutely no system.

I think PK is following his progression curve. He was great last year but had some details to improve on. He seems to have done that and is looking even more solid.
However, he already was a solid Dman that effectively shutdown the top opponents on a nightly basis. That doesn't mean he is the best of the world and has nothing to improve on. He will keep maturing, he will keep perfecting what he already does well.

ESHIWIII is the same guy that thought it was OK for PK to play on the 2nd wave of the PP for 20 ish seconds and play as a bottom pairing dman at even strength. He still can't admit that he was wrong.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
There's no question P.K. should be in the discussion for the Norris this year, but it's still a little early. He missed those opening games and the Habs did well without him. If he keeps up this near point a game pace, continues to play 27 minutes a game and stays a solid plus player then he will get noticed for sure.

I know some people on here were doubtful about his offensive potential. I always thought he would be a 50-60 point player, but not Karlssonesque at 70+ pts. Right now, he is playing offensively at a Karlsson pace. He's been really impressive doing it too.

Hopefully, this is something he can keep doing because it would be amazing to have a player like that who can put up those points, shut down other guys and be so strong physically.

I like your post, and...I'll even go further than you. And, Norris...everyone should get used to it...he'll be in the top 5 almost every season...NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.
But...the same arrogant, macho people will come here to bash me or Subban's skills/talent/speed/sky is the limit potential...so be it. They need to bash and insult others to feel superior. The truth...they're just a bunch of arrogant nobodies being all tough behind a laptop.

PK Subban>>Karlsson.
PK Subban>Letang.
Sky is the limit...I can see Subban (sooner than later) getting 70pts+...heck even 80pts+. No doubt about that. The only thing that can stop him...is a coach that won't give him the ice-time, but seems like even that can't stop Subban from dominating. Subban's style is really sky is the limit style. The doubters should go watch Toronto and cheer for Phaneuf and Rieilly or cheer for Boston's Hamilton. You bitter angry haters don't deserve to watch Subban.

Subban is the best dman I've seen in a Hab jersey. Period. Absolutely no one comes close to Subban...no one.

Prediction :
When Subban's career will be over...he will have his #76 retired...he will be remembered as one of the best dmen/player/Hab to ever wear the CH jersey (Subban, Chelios, Harvey, Robinson)...and he'll be remembered as one of the best in the entire NHL (not only amongst Hab dmen). We're so ****ing lucky no one chose him early in the Draft...we're so lucky we got away with selecting him in 2nd Rnd.

hogtownhabsfan*

On one hand I get that MB was hesitant to give him the big deal too soon.

On the other hand, it's probably going to cost us about 2 million a year in cap room.

PK is gonna get PAYED.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
I'm searching for a PK Subban related photo that I saw on this forum... It's a train with Pk's face on it... I think it's a drawing...

Habtchum*

On one hand I get that MB was hesitant to give him the big deal too soon.

On the other hand, it's probably going to cost us about 2 million a year in cap room.

PK is gonna get PAYED.

His agent is salivating right now.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
ESHIWIII is the same guy that thought it was OK for PK to play on the 2nd wave of the PP for 20 ish seconds and play as a bottom pairing dman at even strength. He still can't admit that he was wrong.

Subban is only 23...sky is the limit...and he's been amazing since DAY ONE of joining our Habs (not just now).

And yet some people here (I don't know why? I really don't get it?) just feel the need to put down Subban all the time:
''Subban needs to improve this, that...so much to improve''
''Subban is not quite there yet''
''He didn't prove enough to make 4mil/year...''
''He's so far away from Markov's caliber...''
''He'll never win a Norris''
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..B.S....B.S....B.S....HATRED HATRED HATRED BLAH BLAH BLAH....B.S. B.S......

Some Hab fans should cheer for the Leafs or the Bruins.
you can cheer for Dougie Hamilton or Gardiner or Rieilly instead of Subban.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Subban is only 23...sky is the limit...and he's been amazing since DAY ONE of joining our Habs (not just now).

And yet some people here (I don't know why? I really don't get it?) just feel the need to put down Subban all the time:
''Subban needs to improve this, that...so much to improve''
''Subban is not quite there yet''
''He didn't prove enough to make 4mil/year...''
''He's so far away from Markov's caliber...''
''He'll never win a Norris''
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH..B.S....B.S....B.S....HATRED HATRED HATRED BLAH BLAH BLAH....B.S. B.S......

Some Hab fans should cheer for the Leafs or the Bruins.
you can cheer for Dougie Hamilton or Gardiner or Rieilly instead of Subban.

Lighten up man.:D Subban is having a great season and I think that all Habs fans are happy as hell with his play.

I can make a list of every single player in the NHL and believe it or not, there is something that every single player on that list can improve upon.

I am glad that Subban does not believe what you believe about Subban to be true. Once a player believes that he is no longer in need of improving, then that player will be on the road to decline with regard to his effectiveness.

Try not to take it so personally.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad