Proposal: Subban to TOR in the off-season

Ciccio1980

Mar 7, 2012
Nylander straight up would be ok if ok was paid 6m at 9 you won't get nylander maybe kapanen and zaitsev

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Sorry if I am not knowledgeable on Nashville, but wouldn’t Kadri be better than Turris?
No he wouldn't and Nashville is not taking a cap dump nor is Marleau waiving. Preds want quality not quantity. Liljigren is a good prospect but hasn't proved anything yet, Kadri is a great 3C but you don't get a 1D for a 3C and a prospect. Never heard of Timashov so can't be that great. Many teams will beat that offer.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
The Leafs have 1 more point than Nashville with 3 games in hand.... pretty confident Nashville would have interest in more than 2 Leafs.
This hypothetical would have to be in the off-season. And no, not really more than 2.
Probably needs to be geared towards high picks and prospects since we’re always buying and depleting the farm, and might do so again in the next few days. We’ll see. Johansen, (Duchene?), Turris, Bonino, Sissons, Jarnkrok.....don’t really have room for any more centers, but do like Kadri.

Last edited:

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
This hypothetical would have to be in the off-season. And no, not really more than 2.
Probably needs to be geared towards high picks and prospects since we’re always buying and depleting the farm, and might do so again in the next few days. We’ll see. Johansen, (Duchene?), Turris, Bonino, Sissons, Jarnkrok.....don’t really have room for any more centers, but do like Kadri.

Yeah, I agree. Nashville have an abundance of great dmen, Leafs have an abundance of great forwards. That doesn't mean that they are perfect trade partners. Especially when you consider that Zaitsev would need to be a part of any Subban trade. While I do believe he doesn't have the negative trade value HF believes and would rebound nicely getting to play PP on a rebuilder...... he isn't that appealing an asset for the likes of Subban or Ellis.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good lord. Lol :laugh:
I honestly don't get it.

It's "funny" that a team that has a Norris winner fans of your team here are trying to acquire? It would be even more laughable with the typical Brown, Zaitsev, 2nd.

Or do you just homer the hell out of it with your own players as it looks like?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I honestly don't get it.

It's "funny" that a team that has a Norris winner fans of your team here are trying to acquire? It would be even more laughable with the typical Brown, Zaitsev, 2nd.

Or do you just homer the hell out of it with your own players as it looks like?
Nope. Not one gm in the entire NHL would trade Matthews or Marner for Subban and you're completely delusional if you think otherwise.

Last edited:

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Auto correct. How many 30 year old star D men get traded for 21 year old a star players?
this is why everyone laughs at TO fans...since we are asking questions.....ask yourself this:
1)of the players listed, how many of those players (in OP) does it HURT for the leafs to lose?...I know you will say kadri but isnt he your 3C?
2)If you could solve all your problems with 1 trade and make yourself a better team, what are the chances the other team (who is a SC contender) gets better?
3)why would nashville do this?

I agree matthews or marner is a non-starter, but if TO wants PK its going to have to hurt.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
PK would be expensive to get via trade, something good would be going back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad