Proposal: Subban to TOR in the off-season

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
What's so damn funny. It's the only way the trade works. Subban + for Marner or Matthews. Nothing else that Toronto has gets you near Subban. Nylander's an overpaid Winger and isn't even in the same postal code as Subban.

Well maybe PK for Rielly but that doesn't help anyone.
It's damn funny that anyone thinks that Nashville could fetch either of those kids for Subban.

Hilarious actually

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1. peak Subban was never quite as good as his rep
2. he has started to slip from his peak
3. paying $9m for his decline yrs is prob a bad idea

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Marner and Matthews are 10X more important than Subban would ever be with them. Younger. Healthier. Subban has passed his prime.

I said Subban + and Matthews healthier? The guy with the bum shoulders? Subban passed his prime? He's a fricking Dman he hasn't even hit his prime yet. It's scoring Wingers that normally crap out young.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Once again I said Subban +. No way the deal would work any other way. Nylander +1st 2020 wouldn't be enough so then what?

Some people can't or won't read properly.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Once again I said Subban +. No way the deal would work any other way. Nylander +1st 2020 wouldn't be enough so then what?

Some people can't or won't read properly.
Trade math just doesn't work like that. It's just not the basis for a trade.

Like if I said Tatar+ for FF.

You don't understand, I said Tatar +.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Funny right? It is funny that you want to always get the best player in any deal . I would bet PK Subban for free that you didn't actually laugh out loud . it's not your fault.
Which trade proposal have I put up on hf boards that you can base your comment on since you claim I always want the best player? In what world would 30 year old Subban (birthday in May) return a Matthews or Marner

Last edited:

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
If Subban + for Marner could be done, that would be awesome. I think Subban for Nylander + is more likely, however.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Because Nashville has absolutely no reason to do it. They are the favorites to win the Central this year. They're probably gonna be the favorites to win the Central next season too even if they make no moves. They aren't gonna trade their top Defenseman for a bunch of spare parts and/or cap dumps with negative trade value.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Didn't say they should get Marner or Matthews for Subban. I'm saying they would likely want one of them.

There's a difference between wanting and asking

Sure, Nashville might want Matthews or Marner, but that wouldn't be their asking price if they were looking to move Subban

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Because Nashville has absolutely no reason to do it. They are the favorites to win the Central this year. They're probably gonna be the favorites to win the Central next season too even if they make no moves. They aren't gonna trade their top Defenseman for a bunch of spare parts and/or cap dumps with negative trade value.
How in the actual f*** are Kadri and Nylander considered spare parts?!?! And Marleau is on pace to score 20 goals again, like he has every season, and there is no reason he shouldn’t next year too. Sure it’s a high cap hit for one year, but he isn’t a bum.

You’re dumb. Nashville lacks forward depth, but has not only defensive depth, but defensive prospects who will need roster spots next year. (Fabbro)

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I don't see Nashville trading Subban either but to call Kadri and Nylander spare parts is just wrong. Also when it comes to a cap dump Turris is by far the biggest cap dump in his offer

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
How in the actual f*** are Kadri and Nylander considered spare parts?!?! And Marleau is on pace to score 20 goals again, like he has every season, and there is no reason he shouldn’t next year too. Sure it’s a high cap hit for one year, but he isn’t a bum.

You’re dumb. Nashville lacks forward depth, but has not only defensive depth, but defensive prospects who will need roster spots next year. (Fabbro)

Denial doesn't change the facts, sorry bud.

Reactions: crowi

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
What else would they want from Toronto?

Kadri would be an enticing piece given his production and cap hit

Certainly Kapanen would be of interest to them

Not sure if many teams like Nylander at his cap hit, but it's possible Nashville would have interest

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

If you have a cap hit of over 6M and have 29 points at this time of the year, you're a bum. Nobody wants 39 year old Marleau and his NMC for that price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad