Proposal: Subban to TOR in the off-season

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm not going to say marner or Matthew because no way Toronto gets rid of either of them. But I would do it for nylander, Liljegren, Grundstrom, and 2020 2nd

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't see Shea Weber involved anywhere in this proposal. Stop bringing him up. This is your only warning.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I'd think nashville would want good expansion exempt pieces in return.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Needs more Zaitsev
We laugh, but then... tbh, if Zaitsev could be a stable 2nd/3rd pair RD while Fabbro gets up to speed, he's actually a better cap-dump inclusion for the Preds than Marleau would be.

I would have asked for Grundstrom as the prospect, but he's gone alas. Kadri isn't the best fit either. I'm not sure what the right mix from the Leafs would be to satisfy us... maybe Kapanen or Nylander would be better cornerstones than Kadri? There might be something doable...

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
url
tenor.png

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
We laugh, but then... tbh, if Zaitsev could be a stable 2nd/3rd pair RD while Fabbro gets up to speed, he's actually a better cap-dump inclusion for the Preds than Marleau would be.

I would have asked for Grundstrom as the prospect, but he's gone alas. Kadri isn't the best fit either. I'm not sure what the right mix from the Leafs would be to satisfy us... maybe Kapanen or Nylander would be better cornerstones than Kadri? There might be something doable...
Marleau just has one year remaining on his contract. Zaitsev has many years. I know which cap dump I'd rather have if I were a Preds fan.

Reactions: Gh24

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I’d rather marner than Subban personally.

That said the trade doesn’t address any of Nashville’s needs. There’s no reason for them to do this.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs

Jul 6, 2016
What's so damn funny. It's the only way the trade works. Subban + for Marner or Matthews. Nothing else that Toronto has gets you near Subban. Nylander's an overpaid Winger and isn't even in the same postal code as Subban.

Marner and Matthews are 10X more important than Subban would ever be with them. Younger. Healthier. Subban has passed his prime.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not only is it not even close to an offer on PK Subban to begin with...the Predators also throw in the 3rd most valuable piece in the entire deal with Jarnkrok?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad