Confirmed with Link: Subban signs with the habs! 9 million x 8 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
What were the arbitration numbers again?
5.25 or 5.5 from Habs, and 8.5 from Subban?

Well if you go look at the contract he's getting 7 million this season and next season as an RFA.

All the people saying the Habs weren't being reasonable and Subban was were wrong I guess, because they seem to have met halfway.

Very happy, but...

9mil....wasn't Subban's camp asking for (max) 8.5?????
(I don't get it?!!!!!, but happy no matter what!!).

They were asking 8.5 for the upcoming season where he's RFA, in the end he got 7.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I know, it is exciting.

One of the best Defenseman in the League

And his Stat's profile will one day look something like this

Montreal Canadiens 2009-2010
Montreal Canadiens 2010-2011
Montreal Canadiens 2011-2012
Montreal Canadiens 2012-2013
Montreal Canadiens 2013-2014
Montreal Canadiens 2014-2015
Montreal Canadiens 2015-2016
Montreal Canadiens 2016-2017
Montreal Canadiens 2017-2018
Montreal Canadiens 2018-2019
Montreal Canadiens 2020-2021
Montreal Canadiens 2021-2022
Montreal Canadiens 2022-2023

more alike

another team 2014-2015
another team 2015-2016
another team 2016-2017
another team 2017-2018
another team 2018-2019
another team 2020-2021
another team 2021-2022
another team 2022-2023

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Mr Hab

keep on drinking the good drink

Hahaha!!!! LOL!!!!!
I'm done for tonight!!!!! (I did have the good drink tonight!! cheers!!!). We're all HAB fans here, so hugs and kisses!!!!!!! (I'm just glad it's over....the whole waiting for whether Subban will be a Hab for another year or 8 yrs,etc,etc....so happy it's over!! *huge sigh*..... I won't deny it....I was going crazy waiting....was thinking Bergevin was going to just do 1yr....#$%^&*#$%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Cheers!!!!

I just seen this status on FB

Healthy relationships are formed when we have healthy expectations. People will disappoint us at some point, no matter how great we think they are. Put your hope in MB and choose to love past disappointments!

Tabar...killjoy!!
(the above is about...Michell Therrien or Sylvain Lefebvre?)

They were asking 8.5 for the upcoming season where he's RFA, in the end he got 7.

good stuff....will take the time to check it out...(what he's paid for year by year...didn't check it out yet...). Will also check out whether he has a NTC or not...I'm assuming he has a major NTC.

Go Subban Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Gambl0r83*

Save this forum topic for future reference, in exactly 3 years from now, the entire city will be rioting to trade him. You'll see

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Save this forum topic for future reference, in exactly 3 years from now, the entire city will be rioting to trade him. You'll see
what I will SEE, is the Habs winning that 25th Stanley Cup and Subban the first Black Jesus on Quebec.:)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
what I will SEE, is the Habs winning that 25th Stanley Cup and Subban the first Black Jesus on Quebec.:)

safer to bet on this fanbase to turn on one of it's own.

anyway, why would Subban downgrade to Jesus level status when he's already a god ?

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I just seen this status on FB

Healthy relationships are formed when we have healthy expectations. People will disappoint us at some point, no matter how great we think they are. Put your hope in MB and choose to love past disappointments!

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

I expect this to happen next year. He was getting raked over the coals when he was the leading scorer making pennies. Now? The lynch mob will be far less tolerant and even more ridiculous.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 2m
If instead of bridge deal PK signed a 6.5x8 (assuming 6.5% discount rate), would be slightly less NPV on the deal from 2.875 x 2 plus 9x6.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 2m
So MTL probably ended up paying a ~ 10% premium for taking the risk on the bridge deal. Not ideal, but not worth burning bridges over too.

Having him locked up through his prime years and many ufa years is worth the 10%

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Having him locked up through his prime years and many ufa years is worth the 10%

pretty much.

and to think that two years ago there was people arguing MB would be dumb not give PK the rumored 5 years deal (making him a UFA at 28).

Glad we have a dumb GM ;)

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Don't get all of this...

$5.25mil (Bergevin's camp) ...... VS.......$8.5mil (Subban's camp).

Wasn't it supposed to be close to the middle of the above?
(what the **** was the arbitration for if Bergevin finally gave 9mil/year????????????????????????). I'm SUPER happy it's all over, but still don't get what the waiting was all about????? Torture??

Bergevin is in it to raise the blood pressure of most HAB fans.
(right or wrong...so many Hab fans were so pissed off in last few days, incl. me.........not good for blood pressure....... Bergevin:shakehead:help::cry:).

Didn't need to go this far...%^&*#$%^#$.
(was Subban asking for 10mil/year? 11mil/year?).

****ng Bergevin.
(was probably pressured bv Molson ''enough is enough...sign our best player already or GTFO'').

Signs Emelin...way too soon.
Signs DD...way too soon.
Signs Markov...by default.
Signs Eller...last second (and more than he was asking???).

Takes his time (each time) with Subban...****ing torture.
(low-balled our best player last time, and wasn't sure what he was trying to do this time...more low-balling? paid more than 8.5?? wasn't Subban asking 8.5 and not more?? I betcha Molson came in to the rescue...pushed Bergevin aside and did what needed to be done...once and for all).

****ING HUMBLE PIE:
Hab fans pay Bergevin's salary...Bergevin would be nothing but bird droppings without Hab fans. So why so much disrespect to Hab fans???? Less torture, more respect.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Don't get all of this...

(what the **** was the arbitration for if Bergevin finally gave 9mil/year????????????????????????).

(right or wrong...so many Hab fans were so pissed off in last few days, incl. me.........not good for blood pressure....... Bergevin:shakehead:help::cry:).

****ng Bergevin.
(was probably pressured bv Molson ''enough is enough...sign our best player already or GTFO'').

Signs DD...way too soon.

Takes his time each time with Subban...****ing torture.
(low-balled our best player last time, and wasn't sure what he was trying to do this time...more low-balling? I betcha Molson came in to the rescue...pushed Bergevin aside and did what needed to be done...once and for all).

Hab fans pay Bergevin's salary...Bergevin would be nothing but bird droppings without Hab fans. So why so much disrespect to Hab fans???? Less torture, more respect.

8.5 million from Subban's camp was for a 1 year contract. Subban is getting 7 million in the first year so they did meet in the middle of 5.25 and 8.5.

I think you are speculating way too much about Bergevin. You don't know what happened behind the scenes during the negotiations, nobody does. He has done a very good job, taking the team to the playoffs twice in two years, even reaching the ECF. Take a chill pill and enjoy the show.

PricePkPatch*

more alike

another team 2014-2015
another team 2015-2016
another team 2016-2017
another team 2017-2018
another team 2018-2019
another team 2020-2021
another team 2021-2022
another team 2022-2023

?

You expect Subban to be traded within the next few days?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Don't get all of this...

(what the **** was the arbitration for if Bergevin finally gave 9mil/year????????????????????????).

****ng Bergevin.

Signs DD...way too soon.

Takes his time each time with Subban...****ing torture.
(low-balled our best player last time, and wasn't sure what he was trying to do this time...more low-balling? I betcha Molson came in to the rescue...pushed Bergevin aside and did what needed to be done...once and for all).

But I thought Bergie was a visionary, moneyball genius? PK got signed, which I'm happy about, but I have no idea why we had to go through all of this for a $9M deal. We're lucky PK didn't take things personally. I wouldn't blame him. From the bridge deal/lowball to this, I'd say MB was trying his best to get him out of town.

Softball deals to lesser players but play hardball with stars only to get bent over after going to arbitration? I wouldn't be surprised if someone (Molson?) put pressure on MB to get a deal done because none of this makes sense.

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
of course it cannot come from Subban's camp, your mind is set on Meehan/Subban being right and MB being wrong...

Holly Ninja. When did I say anything about Subban or Meehan being right and MB being wrong?

I will give you the prototype of Internet discussion board discussion, this is also the reason I will avoid any debate with my ex BPD girl friend.

Me: Here's a though on this subject...
You: Wrong, here's a reason...
Me: Okay but what you've just said has nothing to do with my though on this subject. What I said was...
You: But we don't know it's true, it could be anything...
Me: It was a though based on certain things...
You: It could be this and that too, we don't know...
Me: Of course we don't know, it was intelligent guesses. Here's another reason why...
You: Yeah...but you're said this which is not true, this could be anything, here's another scenario to prove my point (with a weak argument).
Me: Holly Ninja! I never said that...

The whole point was how, this time, Meehan and Subban had all the leverage and there's little MB could have done to win his points. They are all rights in theirs perspectives. This is a simple negotiation process where's one side simply has upper hand on the other.

The length of the contract was never really a subject. There were some speculations here and there on Subban wanted a shorter to maximize his next one but nothing in the past until this point showed Subban was against the Max length.

Any saint adviser on economic subject will tell you to aim for the guarantee money and not the most optimistic scenario which is controlled, influenced by numbers of unknown events, risks etc. I can hardly believe that a real issue was in play on the term. If it ever was, it was simply because we couldn't agree on a money value. Max contract makes sense for both sides.

'un tiens vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras'

I will end it here because, I know, it could be anything. Maybe I will talk to Subban next time he's in town when we have our charity events at chez Parée. Until that day, we are both right and wrong :yo:

mikeysvette

Go Seadogs!
Mar 31, 2011
Saint John
That report was from Wilde, who also said that the Subban camp offered 8 at 8.5M, clearly clearly very wrong. So the 7M hardline from the Habs is likely wrong too. You think Habs jumped 2M (500K past his ask) to get a deal done?

EXACTLY!! Subban's camp obviously was asking for a crazy amount and the 9AAV is the actual "middle ground" number. It made MB look really bad in these negotiations, and the main reason is because of the media and their "sources" that had the numbers all wrong. Good job MB! Glad to have PK back. My wife is a HUGE leafs fan and her fav defenceman is PK..that says alot to me.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
8.5 million from Subban's camp was for a 1 year contract. Subban is getting 7 million in the first year so they did meet in the middle of 5.25 and 8.5.

I think you are speculating way too much about Bergevin. You don't know what happened behind the scenes during the negotiations, nobody does. He has done a very good job, taking the team to the playoffs twice in two years, even reaching the ECF. Take a chill pill and enjoy the show.

He did that? Really? :laugh::laugh:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
EXACTLY!! Subban's camp obviously was asking for a crazy amount and the 9AAV is the actual "middle ground" number. It made MB look really bad in these negotiations, and the main reason is because of the media and their "sources" that had the numbers all wrong. Good job MB! Glad to have PK back. My wife is a HUGE leafs fan and her fav defenceman is PK..that says alot to me.

So, MB handled this entire thing properly? From bridge deal to now? Really? It's the media?

Not surprised. People like to look at the end result and that's it. PK is signed, therefore, MB was masterful in his ability to engineer a wonderful deal! :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad