Subban punching Aho from behind

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Subban is all kinds of irritating on the ice, but I don't even know if I'd call that a penalty.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Who gives a **** whether it was his forearm or his ✊. The point is Suban clearly sucker punched Aho while Aho's back was turned. Not right. Not honorable. Not defensable.

Did I say any of that? No I did not.

The fact is that forearms have been tolerated for a long time and this is not what some people are making it out to be. I could see a 2 minute roughing penalty maybe, but that's it.

edit:

after watching that a few more times I think that was more of a push than a punch. I see Subban using his forearm to push Aho to the ice. No sucker punch at all, this only looks like a punch because he swings his arm like he did but he used his forearm and pushed him over. I am sure there was a lot of force behind it but a quick look at that video is deceiving because we all see Subban appear to raise his fist and swing and if you don't continue to watch closely I understand how people think he punched him but if you do watch it is clear that what happens is that he pushes him over with his forearm.

Last edited:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Eye care

Wen aye red it.
Eye new wat chew ment.
Butt its import tent too yous duh write wurde. Aye wood of
Perhaps you enjoy scanning the interwebs for grammatical/spelling errors....have at it !
As stated, I really don't mind the correction. However, the impulse that you felt to correct me is more curious!

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
2 minutes, should only be a suspension if he actually did that to his back or head.

Kind of borderline, it's kind of a hit and kind of a punch.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
That shows that it was 100% forearm. Nice job. You can very clearly see his fist is not what he hits him with as it is kind of sticking out past his body when he makes contacts.
Um, no. Dream on.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
20 games suspension...
That wasn't hockey it was assault, plain and simple.
The NHL needs to get this type of garbage play out of the league. Not much difference from what Bertuzzi did to Moore.. just the results were different. The league doesn't need this. They need to make an example. If Subban had done this to Crosby all hell would break loose.
For those who are defending what Subban did, you're dinosaurs. Get with the times.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Subbans attempt was just as bad as Domis punch, only difference is where it landed. Heck, at least Domi swing at a guy that was facing him, cowardly Subban tried to swing at a guy from behind and still missed. I thought “intent” was takin into account these days?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's sad we live in a society where you can pimp slap aho and nothing is done about it.
611e111cfef449ff0ecf8734fd84b561.jpg

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Really,that's your perception? If someone responds that means "they mind"? Obvious you have more to learn than just grammar !

The mistake you made was not a spelling mistake or a grammatical error. You honestly thought of was the correct word to use.
It's okay, it is a common error.
I was just showing you that should've comes from should have.

You need to relax a bit.

No need to be so upset.

Bye

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
The mistake you made was not a spelling mistake or a grammatical error. You honestly thought of was the correct word to use.
It's okay, it is a common error.
I was just showing you that should've comes from should have.

You need to relax a bit.

No need to be so upset.

Bye
Ok...thanks! I will work on my 'correct word use' if you work on your 'cyber perception' weakness....see ya!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad