Subban punching Aho from behind

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
20 games suspension...
That wasn't hockey it was assault, plain and simple.
The NHL needs to get this type of garbage play out of the league. Not much difference from what Bertuzzi did to Moore.. just the results were different. The league doesn't need this. They need to make an example. If Subban had done this to Crosby all hell would break loose.
For those who are defending what Subban did, you're dinosaurs. Get with the times.
:huh:

Dear God, what is the world coming to?

Reactions: Bedards Dad

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
That wasn't even a penalty.

If it was called one, I'd be choked if I were Subban.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
20 games suspension...
The NHL needs to get this type of garbage play out of the league. Not much difference from what Bertuzzi did to Moore.. just the results were different. The league doesn't need this. They need to make an example. If Subban had done this to Crosby all hell would break loose.
For those who are defending what Subban did, you're dinosaurs. Get with the times.

I think you forgot the sarcasm emoji. If not this could be the worst take in HFB history.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
The mistake you made was not a spelling mistake or a grammatical error. You honestly thought of was the correct word to use.
It's okay, it is a common error.
I was just showing you that should've comes from should have.

You need to relax a bit.

No need to be so upset.

Bye

Technically you needed a semicolon instead of a comma where I bolded. And of course there is no punctuation at the end of your post.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Does something like this need to be suspension-worthy in order to create a thread? Half the responses to this thread seem to be of the "not suspension-worthy" type. I personally don't see anything about this play warranting a suspension but I find it interesting regardless because I've always wondered why Subban gets away with this play (he's been doing it forever and apparently other players do it too based on some responses to the thread).

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Imma spend more time here...for gettin' better at reedin' n'ritin' an all that other gramma like stuff! This is my 2nd free lesson...Tanks Man! I mean person!

It's just jokes. :)

Except for those grammatical errors I pointed out. That's some pretty serious shit.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
20 games suspension...

i dont either like plays like these, you are absolutely true both were attacks from behind and only difference is ending result. if attacked and you can't defend yourself at all it should be automatic major suspension everytime

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
20 games suspension...

I think you're confusing Subban with Wilson.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
There was a thread like this last year too

It's like lmao do you even watch Subban? It's not a punch it's a shove. He does it once a game. It's fine

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Looks more like he punches his shoulder/upper chest. A good case for a roughing penalty, not sure it’s suspension worthy. However, it should be noted, Subban is both a cowardly and dirty player at times.

Ask yourself, if Tom Wilson did this would you still be playing the no suspension routine. Should a 2 game suspension, hfboards seems to have a really peculiar ideal of enforcing some "player saftey" violators and letting others go Scott free. Time to take the fanboy goggles off mate...

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Ask yourself, if Tom Wilson did this would you still be playing the no suspension routine. Should a 2 game suspension, hfboards seems to have a really peculiar ideal of enforcing some "player saftey" violators and letting others go Scott free. Time to take the fanboy goggles off mate...

I’m definitely not a fan of Subban. I don’t like his character, I think he’s greatly overrated, and even admitted he can be dirty and cowardly at times on the ice. But I gotta call a spade, a spade. This was not a suspedanble offence, and yes I would say no suspension for whoever did it, including Wilson.

It’s up to Aho to fight back, or one of his teammates to step up if they see an injustice.

Can’t expect the league to police every incident, especially if it’s minor.

Last edited:

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
I’m definitely not a fan of Subban. I don’t like his character, I think he’s greatly overrated, and even admitted he can be dirty and cowardly at times on the ice. But I gotta call a spade, a spade. This was not a suspedanble offence, and yes I would say no suspension for whoever did it, including Wilson.

It’s up to Aho to fight back, or one of his teammates to step up if they see an injustice.

Can’t expect the league to police every incident, especially if it’s minor.

Just because the guy didn’t get hurt, how does it make it any less of a dirty play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad