Subban guarantees Game 3 win, chirps Crosby

ReggieDunlop8766

May 26, 2017
Haha. Yeah, I'm sure Nashville will get tired of making deep playoff runs, while the Habs keep getting to relax by the first of May & book those early tee times :laugh:

They made one deep run lol, as a 16th seed, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I merely meant he is not a popular teammate by most accounts.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Subban was invisible all series when he wasn't beating his gums.

You're obviously blind. How did Malkin do? Do you understand the game or just following the crowd? Subban/Ekholm was the shutdown pair and they did just that this series and throughout the playoffs. Malkin was MVP favorite up until this series.

The PK hate always tends to expose the darkside of people.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Subban said they will be back next year in the finals.

Man he keeps yapping and has nothing to back it up.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
They made one deep run lol, as a 16th seed, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I merely meant he is not a popular teammate by most accounts.

Says who? And on top of that, lets say he is hated by everyone on that team, who gives a ****? Why is it relevant? Do you think all players get along? Some of the greats were not well liked.

PK it's always people *****ing about non-hockey **** and I think part of the reason is due to some personal idiotic bias. Go ask Milburry about it.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Should not could. Could sounds like PK is asking to talk to them, should is asking if he should fulfill the obligation they have to be available to media in the SCF and why it says right in the same article that the Writers Association is expected to file a grievance.

Yes I could see how those two words have different meanings in this context.

For a guy that's never shied away from a mic before it really seems like it was coming from the team, especially how much he was enjoying the attention earlier in the series.

ReggieDunlop8766

May 26, 2017
Says who? And on top of that, lets say he is hated by everyone on that team, who gives a ****? Why is it relevant? Do you think all players get along? Some of the greats were not well liked.

PK it's always people *****ing about non-hockey **** and I think part of the reason is due to some personal idiotic bias. Go ask Milburry about it.

i think the reason is more that he is an attention w?*&e. But oh well. Was a good series and I enjoyed watching Sid go up against him.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Subban said they will be back next year in the finals.

Man he keeps yapping and has nothing to back it up.

Easy tiger.

Dude was just eliminated from coming within 2 wins of a Cup. Obviously he's going to be feeling and thinking very emotionally.

What do you want him to say??? That the Preds are ****ed and will never make it back to a Final and this was their only shot???

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You're obviously blind. How did Malkin do? Do you understand the game or just following the crowd? Subban/Ekholm was the shutdown pair and they did just that this series and throughout the playoffs. Malkin was MVP favorite up until this series.

The PK hate always tends to expose the darkside of people.

Malkin's lack of points have more to do with Kessel and Wilson playing like ass.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Malkin's lack of points have more to do with Kessel and Wilson playing like ass.

This line was coincidentally matched up against Ekholm/Subban who routinely shut down stars during these playoffs. Better just assume that the line suddenly started sucking rather than that they were shut down.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Easy tiger.

Dude was just eliminated from coming within 2 wins of a Cup. Obviously he's going to be feeling and thinking very emotionally.

What do you want him to say??? That the Preds are ****ed and will never make it back to a Final and this was their only shot???

How about nicely shthfuup for once? That would be the third and most appreciated choice.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

None of us here play with the guy so we don't know what it's like. On the ice he is consistently a top player. The knock against him with the exception of a few blunders last season has always been off the ice. It was enough for Montreal to trade him. We won't know the story for years. What we do know is the team in the locker room doesn't miss him. We know Nashville embraced him publicly. We most likely won't get to know how the team feels about him privately for some time.

I agree bias does play a role for some when it comes to PK, but if you look at things objectively, even the most ardent supporter sees there's something amiss when it comes to PK and his relationships in the locker room. Who you choose to blame for it is what fuels the debate.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I didn't like the whole list.... stuff.

Did he have a secret endorsement by them or was he just trying very hard to get one? Either way it didn't smell good to me.

All in all with that whole list... stuff he distracted himself.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Easy tiger.

I understand it. It's just funny seeing these guys say this or that will happen. Then it doesn't. I don't know. I don't think I would be saying what WILL happen if I were a sports star. You look so foolish if it doesn't happen.

They did win game 3 though. :laugh:

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Easy tiger.

Actually , history says this is the case.The Preds team you see today , the odds of them returning next year to Cup finals or in the foreseeable future are slim....Couple all the with the fact Rinne will be 35 years old (Nov 2017)...If you bet $, don't bet on the cup losers to return the following year, or foreseeable future..

Go down the list of teams who played in the finals and lost , never to return .

2004 Calgary Flames lost in 2004..never been back since
2005 (lockout)
Edmonton Oilers lost in 2006 ..never made it back since
Senators lost in 2007 ..never made it back since
Detroit lost in 2009 ..never made it back since
Flyers lost in 2010 .....never made it back since
Vancouver lost in 2011..never made it back since
New Jersey lost in 2012 ...never made it back since
Boston Lost in 2013 ..never made it back since
New York Rangers lost in 2014 never made it back since
Tampa lost in 2015 ..never made it back
San Jose lost 2016 ..never made it back..

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Actually , history says this is the case.The Preds team you see today , the odds of them returning next year to Cup finals or in the foreseeable future are slim....Couple all the with the fact Rinne will be 35 years old (Nov 2017)...If you bet $, don't bet on the cup losers to return the following year, or foreseeable future..

2005 (lockout)

He is probably wrong, but so what? I doubt Predators fans cared that he has the drive to want to get right back in it after getting so close this year.

Isn't that the kind of mentality we want players to have?

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
And 3 of those points were goals tied with Jake for the most in the finals, but don't let facts fool you.

I see you conveniently forgot about this

pic.twitter.com/aDaDXX8huM

pic.twitter.com/ns3PbdrH7l

The only points Malkin had against Subban was on that 5 on 3 in game 1, and the Hainsey goal in a blowout game. People can say what they want about Subban, but him and Ekholm did an amazing job against the other team's top players all playoffs long.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Geno was on an island. Kessel was ice cold and every time the puck came to Wilson the play completely died regardless of how much time and space he had.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

2005 (lockout)

What are the odds Rinne puts up a .940 for 3 series again? Considiring his career is around .912 in the playoffs.

Rinne had the playoffs of his lives and was the real difference maker for NASH. Once he went to Pitts and crapped the bed it was all over for the Nashville.

Unless Rinne has a 2nd playoffs of his live at 36 years old I don't see them getting back to a final. Chicago isn't going to be as bad in the playoffs next year and EDM is on the rise and with 1 year of experience under their belt they will only be better.

Best hope is Saros becomes the next Matt Murray.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl

Youre right there is a lot of bias. I personally am biased against loudmouth showboats who contibute more to the TMZification of this sport than to the on ice entertainment value.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Youre right there is a lot of bias. I personally am biased against loudmouth showboats who contibute more to the TMZification of this sport than to the on ice entertainment value.

You don't watch Subban enough if you don't find him thoroughly entertaining on the ice.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
You don't watch Subban enough if you don't find him thoroughly entertaining on the ice.

I didnt say he wasnt entertaining on the ice. Even a "hater" like myself wont argue that he isnt an extremely talented player, that isnt what Im saying. Im saying the media was talking about mouthwash all finals. PKs biggest contribution to hockey at the moment is his mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad