Subban guarantees Game 3 win, chirps Crosby

philchaka

Apr 15, 2014
Considering the comment came at the end of game 3 and the Pens got spanked in game 4. No I don't think it gave Crosby any spark at all.

This would be a good theory if Crosby wasn't absolutely fantastic in game four as well.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I get what u r saying...but he kept it up after that. And the talk in the media didn't die down...was still going on. I'm also referring to the on ice stuff. Subban kept going out of his way to get that extra hit on Crosby (tried punching him while down).

And I'm saying if I knew my team was going up against the best player in the world who thrives off of that type of stuff...I would not want someone on my team giving him any extra reason to up his game. Subban is good enough to not do that.

Its been going on all series..so even if it was game 1...doesn't mean Crosby forgot about it. The players that have shut him down in the past(Lidstrom...Zetterberg) did nothing but that...shut him down. Everyone else went the " try to frustrate" route copying the flyers... And its never worked. Like I said...that flyers series wasa diff story. Fleury letting in 10 goals a game did enough frustrating for our own guys. Things spiraled out of control eventually.

Getting spanked in game 4 was most likely the biggest motivation for Crosby. Not the breath comments or the trash talking.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This is key.

As a fan of another team you start to understand why Montreal made the trade.

It wasn't a "hockey trade." Montreal didn't get back fair value for the player they shipped out.

The guy has obvious character and/or mental health issues. He feels the need to be front and center. He isn't the first guy in the league to behave like this. Sean Avery immediately springs to mind.
PK is a much better player than Avery ever was. That alone will buy him more time in the league. But he will more than likely be traded again. And for even less of a return.

The NHL isn't the NFL. The culture is different. And it's not going to change anytime soon.

Either he gets his act together soon, or he'll go down in NHL history as another guy who had all the tools, but let his self-destructive nature get in the way.

Mike Milbury, is that you?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Right? How many other NHL players have their own 60 minute TV segment that has him interviewing an MBA owner talking about how to deal with his own personal brand? The guy is a ****, and there isn't a thing that comes out of his mouth that isn't about him. The Montreal kids hospital 10m? Great - and I'm happy as **** that the hospital is getting that money over the next decade. But remember - that's not his money that's going there, it's from his foundation, not his checking account.

So as you said... a lame self promoter. This guy deserves all the **** he gets and I hope like hell that he (just like Ovechkin) never wins ****. The fact that he managed to win the Norris is a joke. No real surprise that the only year he came close to it was the lockout shortened one.

Maybe he has all those interviews because he's interesting and has boatload of charisma to booth?

Also, why all that hate?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Yep, and here's how it ends in Nashville for PK. One of two things will happen, they come back to win the Cup and he's lauded as a hero and his face gets shoved down our throats constantly and he becomes the Antonio Brown of the NHL or the Pens win the Cup and his teammates and even Nashville fans get real tired of his nonsense real fast. They miss the playoffs next year and Subban gets traded again for marginal return to Arizona or LV or maybe LA.

Subban has quite a bit riding on the next two games. He's trying to prove he isn't the player Montreal said he was and traded away, his actions are saying he is. Winning, though, cures a lot of problems.

Meh, I don't think it'll happen that fast - he easily has several years before he has to worry about wearing out his welcome. He has 5 years left on his contract - and it's very possible that he even finishes his contract in Nashville. Personally I doube it - but in either case, I do not see him playing in Nashville after this contract is over, even if he manages to play it out there.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

PK not meeting the media, and it's probably because the preds management does not want him to.

Probably to "protect" him from the stupid questions about him waking up Crosby. If management didn't want PK to say anything possibly distracting, Subban can be politcally correct and say all the right things. He's an expert at that. He did it after game 5.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is key.

As a fan of another team you start to understand why Montreal made the trade.

It wasn't a "hockey trade." Montreal didn't get back fair value for the player they shipped out.

The guy has obvious character and/or mental health issues. He feels the need to be front and center. He isn't the first guy in the league to behave like this. Sean Avery immediately springs to mind.
PK is a much better player than Avery ever was. That alone will buy him more time in the league. But he will more than likely be traded again. And for even less of a return.

The NHL isn't the NFL. The culture is different. And it's not going to change anytime soon.

Either he gets his act together soon, or he'll go down in NHL history as another guy who had all the tools, but let his self-destructive nature get in the way.

You're right about 1 thing with this post...

The NHL is not like the NFL at all...agreed.

The NHL tolerates bigotry in its game and it's adopted by many of its fans.

That's how you get ridiculous takes like the one you just posted.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Lol. You're insinuating that I'm a racist because I think there's something seriously wrong with someones character if they lie for no reason?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

PK not meeting the media, and it's probably because the preds management does not want him to.

More awesome speculative journalism, which of course will be taken as cold hard fact by anyone who wants to believe against PK.

How about there's been one game in the last five days, two travel days, and the Penguins dominated the last game. Nobody is really doing a lot of media at this point, but I guess enough people are reading too much into it with their bias as motivation.

Last edited:

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Maybe...maybe not. I'm not in his head..just giving my opinion from watching his career.

But as for it not being possible. The term " bulletin board material" is there for a reason. It's been talked about that Tom Brady will look for anything to give him that extra edge...something to **** him off against his opponent. Some players thrive off that, some let it affect them in a negative way.

That's obviously why you see it happen in sports.

So Crosby thrives off bulletin board material. And so does Tom Brady. I bet Babe Ruth did too. And Michael Jordan.

Oh yeah, the guys i just mentioned were/are incredible players. Saying someone thrives off bulletin board material is just a lazy statement. No basis in facts.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Actions on the ice vs words off the ice. Some of the best trolls on the ice were Tikkanen, and C. Lemieux. PK is incredibly talented and a bugger to play against. The off ice "joking" served no productive purpose.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
PK needs to get under the opponent's skin. It's just a part of his dna and has been since he came up in 2010. He thrives off the challenge of going against the other team's best, and it's part of what makes him effective.

I'm sure Crosby is accustomed to guys using verbal and physical tactics to try and get him off his game too. If the preds are winning this series 3-2, I bet the narrative changes to pk taking Crosby off his game.

At the end of the day, these are two good players trying to get the best of each other. None of these guys are doing anything they are not known to do, nor are they experiencing any different treatment than usual. Just sit back, enjoy it, and watch it unfold.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Because some of us think Subban is a self absorbed jackass, then it's de facto bigotry.

That is the ridiculous point.

Take your phony moral high ground (your faux religion) somewhere else.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Are you being dense on purpose or are you being yourself? Why do you keep mentioning Listerine? I'm referring to "all" of his actions. Thought my posts made that clear and Evey response from you is about Listerine. :laugh: holy ****

Because it's literally the only thing of note he's done since joining Nashville. What exactly are you talking about with "all" of his actions?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Apparently. The team made a very obvious effort at keeping him away from reporters.

Actually there is zero proof of this. It could just as easily him going to the team and telling them he doesn't want to talk right now and the team making that happen.

Any other statement than, he isn't talking to the media, is 100% pure speculation at this point.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Im still shocked that people think he was chirping crosby. Unless I missed something new he said??

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Im still shocked that people think he was chirping crosby. Unless I missed something new he said??

It was chirping crosby AND supposedly guaranteeing a win. Since the "guarantee" came through people have decided to just completely forget about that and have moved on to basically "random thoughts"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad