Subban guarantees Game 3 win, chirps Crosby

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Actually there is zero proof of this. It could just as easily him going to the team and telling them he doesn't want to talk right now and the team making that happen.

Any other statement than, he isn't talking to the media, is 100% pure speculation at this point.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/predators-hide-p-k-subban-game-6-171626782.html

He was heard asking of he could talk to reporters, team spokesman said pk will not be talking to the media.

Not speculation.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
^ Now a Bergevin devotee jumps in lol what a thread

hockey > gossip sisters :laugh:

kovalev47

Mar 6, 2007
Why lie though?

He was joking around. There's nothing wrong with that. He's entertaining and doesn't act like a programmed robot. Only people that are so serious are complaining about his behavior. Subban rocks! People who can make light of any situation, rock!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I hope Subban learns from this. He has to decide if he wants to be a hockey player or a celebrity.

If he would stick to the game, he could be both. The extra stuff makes him interesting to some, they will say. He'd be more interesting to me if he played as hard as the guy he was chirping and getting owned by.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
I hope Subban learns from this. He has to decide if he wants to be a hockey player or a celebrity.

If he would stick to the game, he could be both. The extra stuff makes him interesting to some, they will say. He'd be more interesting to me if he played as hard as the guy he was chirping and getting owned by.

Subban was matched up against Malkin who scored 4pts in his last 7 games. I'd say he delivered but don't let the facts fool you.

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
He didnt deliver ****. This guy was the most talked about player all playoffs and he disappeared in the finals. Cant live up to his own hype.

MorrisSmit89

Mar 20, 2014

thank god he doesnt give a **** about being interesting to you. he did his job in the series.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
thank god he doesnt give a **** about being interesting to you. he did his job in the series.

If by doing his job you mean "distracting his own team so much that management actually *forbade* him from talking to the media for three days" then yes, he did his job.

Other than that, pretty much all Listerine Man did was motivate his opponent, lose some more credibility around the league and get pwned by the guy he was trying to play mind games with.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He was joking around. There's nothing wrong with that. He's entertaining and doesn't act like a programmed robot. Only people that are so serious are complaining about his behavior. Subban rocks! People who can make light of any situation, rock!

Nah. The lying for no reason is weird.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Are we living in some strange universe where you can only be a hard-working hockey player or a hockey player with personality?

If by doing his job you mean "distracting his own team so much that management actually *forbade* him from talking to the media for three days" then yes, he did his job.

Other than that, pretty much all Listerine Man did was motivate his opponent, lose some more credibility around the league and get pwned by the guy he was trying to play mind games with.

Just about none of this is correct.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/predators-hide-p-k-subban-game-6-171626782.html

He was heard asking of he could talk to reporters, team spokesman said pk will not be talking to the media.

Not speculation.

Should not could. Could sounds like PK is asking to talk to them, should is asking if he should fulfill the obligation they have to be available to media in the SCF and why it says right in the same article that the Writers Association is expected to file a grievance.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Subban was the best player for Nashville in this series. What are you even talking about?

ReggieDunlop8766

May 26, 2017
Mr Subban was a no show in 5 & 6. It takes more an attention seeking interview comments to win. His act will wear thin in Nashville with his teamates as it wore thin in Montreal.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Mr Subban was a no show in 5 & 6. It takes more an attention seeking interview comments to win. His act will wear thin in Nashville with his teamates as it wore thin in Montreal.
Haha. Yeah, I'm sure Nashville will get tired of making deep playoff runs, while the Habs keep getting to relax by the first of May & book those early tee times :laugh:

Faax

Mar 12, 2013
Wow, some of these post-series comments...bandwagon fans are the worst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad