Subban Contract Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
On the other hand... kudos to them for giving the fans something to follow during the dog days of summer........

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Llike Dan Kramer just said, if you have to be stupid and sign the guy a 1-year deal...how about you do it yourselves? And not let a 3rd party decide it? That would be awfully dumb....but less dumb than this process right now....:shakehead

Shaw65

Mar 13, 2011
Canada
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 17 s

Negotiated settlement between PK/MTL can occur any time before arb ruling (within 48 hrs of hearing) handed down. Otherwise, it's arb award.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

Negotiated settlement between PK/MTL can occur any time before arb ruling (within 48 hrs of hearing) handed down. Otherwise, it's arb award.

So basically, they have 48 hours to settle a long term deal.

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
MB has not been able to get it done in months...another 48 hours isn't gonna help...:shakehead

I wouldn't say that.

If in fact both sides are playing chicken, when it comes down to the final moment I'm sure someone will give in.
If that's not the case and they just can't see eye to eye on a deal, then yeah another day or two won't change things.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

That's not the brightest plan I've ever seen. Can you think of a worse possible time to negotiate a contract other than when you're up there talking about why the player doesn't deserve the money he wants? Most teams avoid arbitration for the damage done...

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Well, from the little bits of info we have, it's quite clear who's being reasonable and who's not.

It all depends if you think 8.5 million for a one RFA year is more reasonable that 5.25. Perfectly down the middle seems reasonable no?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Is it 48 or 72 hours that both parties have to negociate after the hearing before the arbitrator?

It's until the arbitrator comes to a decision.

Could be up to 48 hours after the conclusion of the hearing, however it could very well be 2 hours after.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's definitely sad that PK will be the only case to actually go to arbitration this summer. :shakehead

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wouldn't say that.

If in fact both sides are playing chicken, when it comes down to the final moment I'm sure someone will give in.
If that's not the case and they just can't see eye to eye on a deal, then yeah another day or two won't change things.
True, the bottom line is, I am just frustrated with MB...

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
That's not the brightest plan I've ever seen. Can you think of a worse possible time to negotiate a contract other than when you're up there talking about why the player doesn't deserve the money he wants? Most teams avoid arbitration for the damage done...

You don't have to spin it this way. You just have to say why you think he's worth what you offer based on comparables and stats. The player does the same, the arbitrator decides. I doubt MB will go in there and say that PK sucks.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

Actually, a decision is to be made within 48 hrs of the hearing ... it could be made the same or next day. A decision is not made after 48 hrs, 48 hrs is the maximum.

"A decision must be made within 48 hours of the hearing. When the decision is announced, the team has the right to decline, or "walk away" from the award. If the team exercises this right, the player can declare himself an unrestricted free agent."

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Well, from the little bits of info we have, it's quite clear who's being reasonable and who's not.

Don't go there yet.

Don Meehan is a wolf in sheep's clothing. PK said it himself that he was pleased with the communication and tone of the negotiations from the Habs. He also reiterated it was about business now. Meehan wants a piece of the pie too don't forget....

Subban's camp filed remember. There are advantages for both sides in this fact.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

No. It all depends on how long it takes the arbitrator to make up his mind. The max time they have is 48hrs since then arbitrator must render a decision by then but if he comes up with a number sooner then they won't have the 48hrs.

habitue*

We should just follow yesterday P.K advice and chill out. The guy is going to make for sure twice the pay he was making last season. So much worry for a millionnaire paying a sport . In the meantime, in the Middle East and in the heart of Africa....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad