Post-Game Talk: Stupid penalties and poor 5on5 play

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Do I need to bump the Campbell thread? There was maybe one game the entire year where you could definitively say he won the game for us. One.

Also that record doesn’t have the Columbus game since he wasn’t the goalie of record because we came back.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nothing is over until McDrai sez it is. heh. Drai even stated in first round after the 3 goal comeback that we're never done. They comeback

In normal instances I heed what you say. But these two players hardly be mortal, and they can shape results as we've seen.
Normally I would agree but this series they are very much mortal. When Eichel has 5 5v5 points and Draisaitl leads the team with 1 and McDavid has 1? They are very much mortal right now. Eichel looks like the star this series.
The single goal on the 5 minute power play and the absolutely dreadful effort in the final 5 minutes…coupled with Woodcroft going “well I liked the lines that did less than f*** all”, I just don’t see it.
Unless we get tons of Pp tonight, or Skinner plays all world, I think the series is done.

Do I need to bump the Campbell thread? There was maybe one game the entire year where you could definitively say he won the game for us. One.

Also that record doesn’t have the Columbus game since he wasn’t the goalie of record because we came back.
Campbell won us a playoff game, Skinner has done just enough in the wins for us not to lose, but has mostly been the worse goalie nightly.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
@Tobias Kahun
Poor choice of words. Ill own that.
It didnt properly convey what I was trying to say.

The point still stands...Skinner was the better goalie this season. :)
I think everyone agrees on the last part.

He's won 1 game for the Oilers in the playoffs also.

Campbell and Skinner both have a loss on their record from the Oilers coming back and then subsequently losing with them in net.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad