Stupid Madden, Rossi, Anderson et al Tricks Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I just fundamentally disagree. No player, even star players, should be allowed to do as they please just so the coach can keep his job. And I don't believe for one second that Sid or Geno are making any demands anyway. It sounds to me like Bylsma is just needlessly tiptoeing around these guys.

It sounds like you would like a coach like Torts, hes the type of coach that wouldn't care what Sid and Geno want, which by the way is a big reason hes been fired twice over the last year.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
It sounds like you would like a coach like Torts, hes the type of coach that wouldn't care what Sid and Geno want, which by the way is a big reason hes been fired twice over the last year.

You do realize there's a wide gap between Bylsma and Tortorella, right? Saying that the players need to respect the coach as an authority figure doesn't mean I want some nut flipping tables in there.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'v blamed DB a bunch this playoffs, but he shouldn't be alone in the blame, Shero and the players also got to take some of the blame.

Then I must have selective reading, because I've never seen it. I have seen you go on endlessly after every loss about how Sid and Geno need to start playing well, though.

It just seems weird to me. You seem more a fan of Bylsma than you do any single player on the roster. It's almost like if Bylsma got fired and got hired elsewhere, you'd jump ship and cheer for them.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We have already seen this core of players quit when they didn't like the coach, i'm sure they would do it again.

why do you think he would stop liking the coach just because he disagree with him? I coach 6th-8th graders who are much more mature than you are saying Sid is.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Then I must have selective reading, because I've never seen it. I have seen you go on endlessly after every loss about how Sid and Geno need to start playing well, though.

It just seems weird to me. You seem more a fan of Bylsma than you do any single player on the roster. It's almost like if Bylsma got fired and got hired elsewhere, you'd jump ship and cheer for them.

I said i thought DB should be fired if pens lost to CBJ and i think he should be fired unless the pens make it to the ECF.

Pens are having a hard time playing motivated hockey in the playoffs, that's terrible, DB needs to take responsibility for that and so do the players.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'v blamed DB a bunch this playoffs, but he shouldn't be alone in the blame, Shero and the players also got to take some of the blame.

You really don't appreciate the fact Sid is playing his first full season back from injury and won an Art Ross carrying this average ES team with Gibbons, Kobasew and Dupuis on his RW.

The team failed him as much as he's ever failed us.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You can doubt what Rossi writes justifiably, but all signs point to Sid wanting Dupuis on his wing. Bylsma has gone on record saying that Sid wants and needs speed in that RW spot. That speed is a common variable for both the Dupes over Iggy and Gibbons over Bennett/Stemp moves.

Now DB can override Sid's wishes, because it's ultimately his job. But I don't see any reason to doubt that the catalyst for those moves was Sid, even independent of what Rossi wrote.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
You can doubt what Rossi writes justifiably, but all signs point to Sid wanting Dupuis on his wing. Bylsma has gone on record saying that Sid wants and needs speed in that RW spot. That speed is a common variable for both the Dupes over Iggy and Gibbons over Bennett/Stemp moves.

Now DB can override Sid's wishes, because it's ultimately his job. But I don't see any reason to doubt that the catalyst for those moves was Sid, even independent of what Rossi wrote.

If it's at the point where Sid would rather have Gibbons on his line than Beau Bennett, this team has failed him. He's now brainwashed into thinking he can only be effective with balls out speed on his line.

That's just sad.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

What I'm saying is that Disco needs to be able to tell Sid that even though this is what you want, this is what we see the issue is, and we think this could help the team because of blah blah blah. Do you think Sid is the kind of guy who would actually demand a certain line-mate? I don't. And if Sidney Crosby thinks he's better off with Gibbons on his line over Stempniak, Sidney Crosby is wrong and his coach needs to tell him he's wrong.

Though right now with how Sid is playing, I would rather Stempniak with Sutter. Sutter deserves our most effective wingers right now, and that's Stempniak and Bennett.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I have heard two quotes from Sid with regards to linemates. I have heard him say that he likes playing with a right handed shot and I have heard him say that he is comfortable with Kunitz and Dupuis, but he'd be happy to play with anyone.

I trust what he says a hell of a lot more than Rossi. He's not the type of guy to demand anything.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
why do you think he would stop liking the coach just because he disagree with him? I coach 6th-8th graders who are much more mature than you are saying Sid is.

You can watch hockey teams play and tell they aren't buying into the coach anymore, if you watched Vancouver play this year you could tell that, it happens all the time.

You really don't appreciate the fact Sid is playing his first full season back from injury and won an Art Ross carrying this average ES team with Gibbons, Kobasew and Dupuis on his RW.

The team failed him as much as he's ever failed us.

Yeah your right i don't appreciate Sid's play in the regular season anymore.

I don't care how many points Sid and Geno score in the regular season, i don't care how many wins MAF gets, i wanna see these players show up when it really counts, most fans want to judge DB by the playoffs and not the regular season, i think we should also judge the players by the postseason to.

I guess you can call me a spoiled fan but that's how i feel.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
If it's at the point where Sid would rather have Gibbons on his line than Beau Bennett, this team has failed him. He's now brainwashed into thinking he can only be effective with balls out speed on his line.

That's just sad.

It has nothing to do with brainwashing. That's simply grasping at straws for reasons why a star like Crosby would prefer attributes in a winger that the fanbase can't wrap its head around.

What I'm saying is that Disco needs to be able to tell Sid that even though this is what you want, this is what we see the issue is, and we think this could help the team because of blah blah blah. Do you think Sid is the kind of guy who would actually demand a certain line-mate? I don't. And if Sidney Crosby thinks he's better off with Gibbons on his line over Stempniak, Sidney Crosby is wrong and his coach needs to tell him he's wrong.

For sure. I just don't buy into the "poor Sid with his ****** wingers" argument any more. He has what he wants.

Though right now with how Sid is playing, I would rather Stempniak with Sutter. Sutter deserves our most effective wingers right now, and that's Stempniak and Bennett.

I'd rather have continued what we ran with so successfully at the end of the CBJ series. Sid with Geno, Sutter between Jussi and Neal, and Goc with Bennett and Stempniak. That was working. I have no idea why DB tried to outfox himself by deviating from it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You can watch hockey teams play and tell they aren't buying into the coach anymore, if you watched Vancouver play this year you could tell that, it happens all the time.

That's great. What does it have to do with Sid quitting just because he doesn't get his first choice in wing?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd rather have continued what we ran with so successfully at the end of the CBJ series. Sid with Geno, Sutter between Jussi and Neal, and Goc with Bennett and Stempniak. That was working. I have no idea why DB tried to outfox himself by deviating from it.

The same reason he took Iginla off of the powerplay against Boston.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure there's a big difference between a coach telling his star players who to play with and a coach screaming at the top of his lungs demanding his stars turn into shot-blockers and only play defense.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I really don't understand what must go through his head. I just imagine him feeling incredibly proud and crafty when he does this kind of thing.

The mad scientist and his bizarro alchemy.

No matter how often it blows up in his face, he keeps trying the same crap.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It has nothing to do with brainwashing. That's simply grasping at straws for reasons why a star like Crosby would prefer attributes in a winger that the fanbase can't wrap its head around.

You don't think there's something to Sid only wanting to play with fast players all the damn time?

With what Shero has given Sid and under DB, the guy has basically had no choice for years now but to play balls to the wall fast with glorified grinders.

The organization has done him no favors since they acquired Kunitz. And now he's not even helping him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah your right i don't appreciate Sid's play in the regular season anymore.

I don't care how many points Sid and Geno score in the regular season, i don't care how many wins MAF gets, i wanna see these players show up when it really counts, most fans want to judge DB by the playoffs and not the regular season, i think we should also judge the players by the postseason to.

I guess you can call me a spoiled fan but that's how i feel.

You're blaming Sid and Geno primarily. What the **** are they supposed to do right now? Kunitz is playing like ass. Neal is lazy as ****. Juice isn't doing much of anything. And our coach does nothing about it. Beau and Stemps are our best wingers right now, they should be playing with our best players full time. Or move Neal and/or Geno up with Sid full time.

I'm not going to turn on Sid and Geno. **** that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad