Stupid Madden, Rossi, Anderson et al Tricks Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Addressing the issues from the last thread:

Neal:

The Pens need to keep Neal. I completely believe his issues are correctable with a coach that holds players' feet to the fire. A little accountability would go a long way in that locker room.

Kane/Wheeler:

Along with what I stated above, the Pens really need to grab either Wheeler or Kane WITHOUT trading Neal.

Kane-Crosby-Bennett
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

-or-

Kunitz-Crosby-Wheeler
Bennett-Malkin-Neal

looks INCREDIBLE to me

re-sign Goc for a third line of

Jokinen-Goc-Dupuis

.........and the Pens have arguably the best top 9 in the world....with one transaction..............and coach that won't insist at putting Dupuis in "his spot" on the first line.

Someone in the last thread said the Staal deal was the turning point:

Everyone thought that Sutter could be a Staal-light for us. He isn't.
Goc is. We haven't had the opportunity to really see what he can do here, but he thrives on shutting down top centers. He stated himself that this is what he likes to do. I would be absolutely fine with Shero signing Goc under two circumstances:
First, hopefully his ankle is not as bad as it looked, because it looked like they may have had to amputate it when it bent 180 degrees in an unnatural direction.
Second, sign him only if the price is right. We can't overpay. I would rather see Goc at 3C going forward than Sutter. If they use Sutter as a throw-in to get a deal done I really couldn't care.

Trimming the fat:

I really wouldn't know what to think if Shero re-ups Orpik. I'm still in the Shero's done a fine job camp, but will jump ship if he re-ups Orpik.

Also, the Pens haven't used either of their two allotted buy-outs. Scuderi should be the first, but I will hold judgement for after our play-off run.

Am I wrong to say that Scuderi maybe had four good seasons in the NHL? Those being his two cup runs with Pittsburgh and his first two seasons in L.A. Remember, he was half of the original Gladams. He was the first half of Scudichar. Just sayin....

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Addressing the issues from the last thread:
Also, the Pens haven't used either of their two allotted buy-outs. Scuderi should be the first, but I will hold judgement for after our play-off run.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that buyouts could only be used on contracts signed under the previous CBA, which means that Scuderi is ineligible.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that buyouts could only be used on contracts signed under the previous CBA, which means that Scuderi is ineligible.

For the compliance buy outs for the CBA, that's correct. You can always buy a player out, just can't erase the entire cap hit. So yeah, we aren't buying out Scuds.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

For the compliance buy outs for the CBA, that's correct. You can always buy a player out, just can't erase the entire cap hit. So yeah, we aren't buying out Scuds.

OK, thanks for the info. Now just hang on a minute while I find a bridge, no wait, there's a blunt object right here, and.........thud......

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Ron Cook has just completely embarrassed himself today. And Andrew Filiponi has pretty much punked him.
Good stuff.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well basically tried to make the case that Bylsma deserved the Jack Adams, that this was the best season EVAH....Poni hit him with a poll of 16 NHL coaches NONE of which cast a single vote for Bylsma as Best Coach this year. Cook just went to the points total as if that was the only evidence needed......

A caller pointed out the ridiculous treatment of Iginla, at which point Cook actually said he saw NO difference between Duper and Iggy (!!!!), and then, maybe realizing how stupid that made him look,tried to blame Crosby for the treatment of Iggy. Poni was trying not to laugh or just go postal.

Turned it off at that point, but I'm sure you can get the pod from The Fan.

Poni is actually growing on me, and I've never said that about anybody on The Fan.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Well basically tried to make the case that Bylsma deserved the Jack Adams, that this was the best season EVAH....Poni hit him with a poll of 16 NHL coaches NONE of which cast a single vote for Bylsma as Best Coach this year. Cook just went to the points total as if that was the only evidence needed......

A caller pointed out the ridiculous treatment of Iginla, at which point Cook actually said he saw NO difference between Duper and Iggy (!!!!), and then, maybe realizing how stupid that made him look,tried to blame Crosby for the treatment of Iggy. Poni was trying not to laugh or just go postal.

Turned it off at that point, but I'm sure you can get the pod from The Fan.

Poni is actually growing on me, and I've never said that about anybody on The Fan.

Lol I hate people like him that say don't put Iggy on Crosby's right wing because Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis is the best line in hockey.

That's what he said and it's backwards thinking. The best can still be better. Best doesn't mean perfect.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
from the other thread...

The closest I can get is Joe Murphy...but he was bark at the moon crazy (for all that's said about Kane, he's never ducked because he thought a fighter jet was strafing the bench or accused Neil Smith of stealing the socks out of his gym bag and throwing them in the Hudson river)

Is this true? Because, if so, it's hilarious (though I feel guilty for laughing...) A fighter jet strafing the bench?!?! LOL!!

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Really I cannot imagine Cook watches the games at all. It's painful when the Fan tries to cover the Pens....though as I mentioned, Poni seems to have a clue at least.
I usually go to Savran, but he was on about the NCAAs so I flipped the channel.
My bad!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
from the other thread...

Is this true? Because, if so, it's hilarious (though I feel guilty for laughing...) A fighter jet strafing the bench?!?! LOL!!

They didn't call him "Crazy Joe" Murphy because he was rambunctious.

Yeah, that stuff is true. I forget where I heard the thing about the fighter jet, but the idea that Neil Smith stole his socks and threw them in the Hudson River was an accusation he levied to a newspaper reporter.

Murphy was actually arrested semi-recently for some sort of felony but had the charges dropped/modified once, upon questioning him, it became obvious he belonged in a mental institution. Can't quite remember the details.

Edit: Here's a link to an SI article where he says Neil Smith threw his socks( er skate, I guess) into the river http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/news/1999/11/13/murphy_rangers_bruins/. It's worth noting how confused Smith is by this accusation.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
How so? Links?

Short version: every playoff game the Penguins have won over the years is Bylsma's responsibility. Every playoff game the Penguins have lost over the years is Crosby's fault.

Paraphrased quote: "How's it Bylsma's fault that Crosby gets shut out against Boston after his coaching got them to the conference finals?"

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

The OPP told Free Press Online this afternoon in an email that, the tresspass order "is due to an incident involving a minor but the cause is due to mental illness so that's why it wasn't publicized."

Mr. Murphy, 46, was a first overall draft pick of the Detroit Red Wings in 1986. He was later traded to Edmonton where he won a Stanley Cup with the Oilers in 1990. He went on to play 779 regular season NHL games, scored 233 goals and 295 assists. He also played in 120 playoff games. He retired as a Washington Capital in 2000-01.

Looks right.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Short version: every playoff game the Penguins have won over the years is Bylsma's responsibility. Every playoff game the Penguins have lost over the years is Crosby's fault.

Paraphrased quote: "How's it Bylsma's fault that Crosby gets shut out against Boston after his coaching got them to the conference finals?"

Please. If Nabakov wasn't as bad as Fleury was, Bylmsa's "coaching" results in a first round loss and a firing.

He actually thinks beating up on the Senators without Spezza and a one legged Karlsson was something to boast about?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Sometimes you just have to listen to Cook to believe it.

Poni was quite gleeful over that coach's poll though. Very amusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad