Stupid Madden, Rossi, Anderson et al Tricks Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
We should make a fake Ulf twitter. And then find someone that Rossi follows to retweet something like "I'm proud to be back with the organization."

Rossi would bite on that like a malnourished catfish :naughty:

That might the be funniest thing I have read on this board…. :yo:

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Did you see this diatribe 93.7 The Fan's John Phillips had against Colin Dunlap earlier tonight.
John Phillips @937Phillips · 2h

I'm going to say this one time publicly. If @colin_dunlap can't learn to control himself, then I'm going to find some help for him.
------------------

Some people just don't learn. But why would they when they face zero discipline for how they act towards co-workers? No more.
------------------

How would you feel about a job where you have to face somebody who from time to time threatens you with violence? Would you enjoy that?
------------------

This person not only makes you a target, but also puts other in the cross hairs of his madness. DM's filled with rage & anger.
------------------

Mind you, I'm told to 'avoid' this person. But how? We work together. Thats made easy when you (the target) get taken off the schedule.
------------------

Both are told to avoid 'twitter' trolling & but the aggressor need not pay attention 2such things because guess what, no repercussions 4him!
------------------

I continue to watch this ass clown behave in this manner & I have to eat it. Why? Enough.
------------------

And Others I've worked with have seen this person do it to me & yet, despite all that's happened, I've had enough. momma raised no fool.
------------------

This is the last public statement I'm making aaa

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Oh he'll stalk the hell out of you if you piss him off.
This one time...on a Saturady/Sunday morning show...he went on and on about a lady at the gas station that told him to turn his cell phone off...gave a description of her, her car, gas station location..kept bringing it up throughout the show.
Same with the lady at Whole Foods...

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
You should have heard Rossi last night late on with Chris Mack. He started to sound like Bylsma giving a press conference.

Talking about how tough its going to be for the next coach.... if you fire a guy thats WON a stanley cup, 100+ regular season points... went on for about 5 minutes listing his accomplishments. (The best was saying getting a 3-1 lead against the rangers when his captain only scores ONE goal)

This idiot really knows nothing about hockey. Bylsma was a bad coach, the ONLY reason he has any accomplishments is because he was gifted into a sweetheart job with 2 of the best players in hockey.

SuburbanRhythm

WorldClassJagoff
May 6, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I had a...let's say debate, to put it nicely...with a co-worker earlier this week, re: all these fools

He was insisting that, as "degreed journalists" and with their access to the teams, these guys are infinitely more qualified than the rest of us to offer opinion.

I said maybe as far as reporting facts - injuries, stuff they get from pressers - but opinion?

I'll never grasp the idea that because someone was given a forum to get their word out there - print or radio - that it's somehow more valid. I'm starting to believe it's less valid, because that space needs filled, so you're more likely to get goofs who blather about anything.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
You should have heard Rossi last night late on with Chris Mack. He started to sound like Bylsma giving a press conference.

Talking about how tough its going to be for the next coach.... if you fire a guy thats WON a stanley cup, 100+ regular season points... went on for about 5 minutes listing his accomplishments. (The best was saying getting a 3-1 lead against the rangers when his captain only scores ONE goal)

This idiot really knows nothing about hockey. Bylsma was a bad coach, the ONLY reason he has any accomplishments is because he was gifted into a sweetheart job with 2 of the best players in hockey.

Did he mention what a great job Bylsma did at Sochi with Jonathan Quick as his goaltender?:sarcasm:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Means we didn't get Desjardins then.
I think JR's guy was Peters and then he signed in Carolina. They scrambled to bring Desjardins in for an interview after losing out on Peters but couldn't make it work with him for whatever reason. Just my guess based on everything I've read the past couple days.
Not understanding Dejan's obsession with Ulf. Was terrible at Modo.

I agree. Ulf's resume isn't impressive at all, imo.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Based on what?

He took a team that was nearly relegated the previous season to the playoffs in his first season there.

I don't know much about his time in Sweden myself, but I'm assuming that those from North America commenting on his time there are just looking at his record and don't know much about the structure from the team.

If those who are more familiar and actually followed the SEL could give us a more in-depth rundown it would be highly appreciated.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I don't know much about his time in Sweden myself, but I'm assuming that those from North America commenting on his time there are just looking at his record and don't know much about the structure from the team.

If those who are more familiar and actually followed the SEL could give us a more in-depth rundown it would be highly appreciated.

In 2010-2011 (right before Ulf was hired) MoDo came in last place in the league and played for relegation. The bottom 2 teams in the SHL and the top 4 Allsvenskan play to see which 2 are in the SHL next season and which 4 are in the second tier. They won the relegation tournament and got to stay in the SHL for 2011-2012.

Right after that season finished they fired Charles Berglund who was their HC and hired Ulf from Phoenix. In 2011-2012 they finished 8th out of 12 (up 4 spots from the previous year) which means they had the last spot in the playoffs. They lost in the first round (which was expected because MoDo wasn't very good really). In 2012-2013 they finished 7th but again lost in the first round. Those were his two seasons in Sweden. Overall they weren't massively impressive, but most definitely not bad considering the teams that he had at his disposal.

As for his overall record, it's not really the same as the NHL. Having a .500 record is considered pretty good. If you look at this season (ignoring OTL and OTW because they are scored differently than in the NHL), only 6 of the 12 teams were over .500. If you scored his SHL record like they do in the NHL his record would be 51-41-16 instead of 38-41-15-16(W-L-OTW-OTL).

Last edited:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
In 2010-2011 (right before Ulf was hired) MoDo came in last place in the league and played for relegation. The bottom 2 teams in the SHL and the top 4 Allsvenskan play to see which 2 are in the SHL next season and which 4 are in the second tier. They won the relegation tournament and got to stay in the SHL for 2011-2012.

Right after that season finished they fired Charles Berglund who was their HC and hired Ulf from Phoenix. In 2011-2012 they finished 8th out of 12 (up 4 spots from the previous year) which means they had the last spot in the playoffs. They lost in the first round (which was expected because MoDo wasn't very good really). In 2012-2013 they finished 7th but again lost in the first round. Those were his two seasons in Sweden. Overall they weren't massively impressive, but most definitely not bad considering the teams that he had at his disposal.

As for his overall record, it's not really the same as the NHL. Having a .500 record is considered pretty good. If you look at this season (ignoring OTL and OTW because they are scored differently than in the NHL), only 6 of the 12 teams were over .500. If you scored his SHL record like they do in the NHL his record would be 51-41-16 instead of 38-41-15-16(W-L-OTW-OTL).

Thanks. What would you say his strengths/weaknesses were?

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
I think JR's guy was Peters and then he signed in Carolina. They scrambled to bring Desjardins in for an interview after losing out on Peters but couldn't make it work with him for whatever reason. Just my guess based on everything I've read the past couple days.

I agree. Ulf's resume isn't impressive at all, imo.
It's being speculated that he wanted more years than what Pittsburgh was willing to give him.

Plus Molinari had this to say:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1h
If any candidate rejects Penguins because he doesn't want pressure to succeed quickly, it's unlikely he would be right for the job, anyway.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Thanks. What would you say his strengths/weaknesses were?

For really specific info you should probably ask a MoDo fan. I know that they were absolutely terrible defensively when he got there. They improved a lot in that regard between his first and second years. Mostly because their puck possession improved. I'd say in 2012-2013 they were pretty well rounded and I didn't hear too much negative about Ulf as a coach.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
For really specific info you should probably ask a MoDo fan. I know that they were absolutely terrible defensively when he got there. They improved a lot in that regard between his first and second years. Mostly because their puck possession improved. I'd say in 2012-2013 they were pretty well rounded and I didn't hear too much negative about Ulf as a coach.

Thanks a lot. Hearing that he improved their puck possession, which is something we certainly can work on, makes me feel more comfortable if they do decide to go with him.

swaggerjack

Mar 28, 2013
Article from Google..

Coaching Modo in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Elitserien campaigns, Samuelsson posted a mediocre 47-49-16 record and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years. Modo had the second-worst defense in the league his first year but improved to the middle of the pack by his second year.

Not impressive. Dejan was hammering Desjardins for being a 'minor league coach' who did win the Calder Cup and a WHL title. Ulf floundered and was average in a B league. If Ulf Samuelsson is named Chip Hinkle with that resume, Dejan and nobody else is interested.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Article from Google..

Coaching Modo in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Elitserien campaigns, Samuelsson posted a mediocre 47-49-16 record and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years. Modo had the second-worst defense in the league his first year but improved to the middle of the pack by his second year.

Not impressive. Dejan was hammering Desjardins for being a 'minor league coach' who did win the Calder Cup and a WHL title. Ulf floundered and was average in a B league. If Ulf Samuelsson is named Chip Hinkle with that resume, Dejan and nobody else is interested.

Yeah.. but.. RESPEC'.... LOCKER ROOM PRESENCE... ISALY'S CHIP CHOPPED HAM N' AT.

Jjbuck

Apr 1, 2014
Did not realize Ulf's last job was in Sweden.

Good thing everyone's comparing apples/apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad