SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
"Hello Craig, Whaaaat's happening"

ea039777e5ed2372e50c3a5322897538.jpg

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
IIRR Pierre was asked about what changes the pens needed, i believe he said they would need a dynamic winger, some more scoring from the bottom lines, and the GM would have to make a decision on MAF.

I don't want Pierre, but if he does get the job it does seem like he has some of the same concerns that lots of us have.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
"Hello Craig, Whaaaat's happening"

ea039777e5ed2372e50c3a5322897538.jpg

Never before have I wanted to punch a professional athlete from a spectator sport in the face.

I was playing an old NHL video game, with a self-created all-time roster, and I had to change Kovalev's number 27 to 72 because I couldn't ****ing stand thinking that Craig ****ing Adams may for a tenth of a second potentially be on my all-time team. You have partially ruined Kovalev's 27 legacy you pri_ck.

Actually, why the hell was Adams not required to give Kovalev 27 when he came back to the team? So stupid. He should have been waived way back when.

penguins2946*

IIRR Pierre was asked about what changes the pens needed, i believe he said they would need a dynamic winger, some more scoring from the bottom lines, and the GM would have to make a decision on MAF.

I don't want Pierre, but if he does get the job it does seem like he has some of the same concerns that lots of us have.

As much as people here think he's a creep, he knows what the Pens need. He's not stupid. If he brings in a top line winger and brings in a coach that will play Bennett more, I don't care if he makes a Crosby shrine in his office.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Pierre Mcguire? He's probably one of the 5 worst head coaches in NHL history. No way I'd want him to be considered for the GM job.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
If Pierre was named Penguins GM, he'd trade Evgeni Malkin and Paul Martin for the Schenns. His biases warp his judgment horribly.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Story about Bylsma wanting his system played regardless of success or even if its the right play to make has been around for a bit now. Supposedly a Vet defenseman said it to madden this season. its been rehashed by some younger guys upon departing... its forwards too, but really noticeable with the young D... watch Despres play before some of his benchings... in several he skates the puck out of danger or slows down the play rather than forcing a pass up to the forward then gets chewed out and benched...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If Pierre was named Penguins GM, he'd trade Evgeni Malkin and Paul Martin for the Schenns. His biases warp his judgment horribly.

You can't build a team around Evgeni Malkin, he didn't even play for a Major Junior Team!!!

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I'm sure there's a good reason that Pee-Air has been passed over for numerous GM/coaching jobs over the last 20 years. Let's not bring ourselves down enough to think we should give him a chance.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Nobody should be surprised that Bylsma wanted guys to do dumb **** just to stick with the system and "get to their game."

We all ****ing watched it happen for the past 5 years. :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I guess we all now know what he meant by getting to their game. Doing exactly what he wanted them to and the other team not stopping them.

Wait, that was already known.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
As much as people here think he's a creep, he knows what the Pens need. He's not stupid. If he brings in a top line winger and brings in a coach that will play Bennett more, I don't care if he makes a Crosby shrine in his office.

I'v heard Pierre go out of his way to praise John Hynes, so maybe Hynes would be the coach, unless Pierre wants to bring in Edzo to coach :laugh:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'm seeing a lot of people who want Pierre as GM. Here are a few reasons why this is a bad idea.

He says Shero did an amazing job and should not have been fired. If we want change, it is NOT someone who thinks this. He also praises guys like Adams, again not exactly the best trait in a reformer. Not to mention the potential negative effects that his mancrushes could have on this team.

He has no experience to be a general MANAGER. He was a coach and a scout and has spent the last 20 years in tv. Knowledge does not equal performance. What in his resume translates into negotiating contracts, managing a front office, managing assets, working trades, handling the salary cap?

His strengths would be scouting, communications, and a knowledge of the sport. Scouting is not his job, a GM needs to rely on consensus from his scouting staff to minimize biases. Communications is at the very bottom of the list of important qualities in a GM. Well, maybe not for Morehouse :p: but for everyone else it is. What we're left with is hockey knowledge. Any decent candidate is going to have significant knowledge, making Pierre's potential advantage there minimal.

He has said things like we need a winger, bottom 6 depth, and a decision on MAF. Well no ****! Everyone with eyes and ears knows that. Ownership has said as much.

So, what about that is so appealing that we'd be willing to risk Sid and Geno's last real chances at winning a cup on a quirky tv analyst with no managerial or front office experience?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I want to believe that Regis getting an interview is the FO's way of trolling him for his comments in the wake of Shero being fired. Kind of like Morehouse's birthday wishes to Rossi.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I'm seeing a lot of people who want Pierre as GM. Here are a few reasons why this is a bad idea.

He says Shero did an amazing job and should not have been fired. If we want change, it is NOT someone who thinks this. He also praises guys like Adams, again not exactly the best trait in a reformer. Not to mention the potential negative effects that his mancrushes could have on this team.

He has no experience to be a general MANAGER. He was a coach and a scout and has spent the last 20 years in tv. Knowledge does not equal performance. What in his resume translates into negotiating contracts, managing a front office, managing assets, working trades, handling the salary cap?

His strengths would be scouting, communications, and a knowledge of the sport. Scouting is not his job, a GM needs to rely on consensus from his scouting staff to minimize biases. Communications is at the very bottom of the list of important qualities in a GM. Well, maybe not for Morehouse :p: but for everyone else it is. What we're left with is hockey knowledge. Any decent candidate is going to have significant knowledge, making Pierre's potential advantage there minimal.

He has said things like we need a winger, bottom 6 depth, and a decision on MAF. Well no ****! Everyone with eyes and ears knows that. Ownership has said as much.

So, what about that is so appealing that we'd be willing to risk Sid and Geno's last real chances at winning a cup on a quirky tv analyst with no managerial or front office experience?

And, here are a few more...

http://articles.courant.com/1994-05...mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren

This link was already posted in another thread, but for those wondering why Pierre might be a bad idea, this sums it up entirely, for me...

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
Never before have I wanted to punch a professional athlete from a spectator sport in the face.

I was playing an old NHL video game, with a self-created all-time roster, and I had to change Kovalev's number 27 to 72 because I couldn't ****ing stand thinking that Craig ****ing Adams may for a tenth of a second potentially be on my all-time team. You have partially ruined Kovalev's 27 legacy you pri_ck.

Actually, why the hell was Adams not required to give Kovalev 27 when he came back to the team? So stupid. He should have been waived way back when.

You need help

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You can't build a team around Evgeni Malkin, he didn't even play for a Major Junior Team!!!

Plus, Pierre once said Malkin was like Ron Francis on steroids. Can't think he'd want to keep a guy who uses banned substances. :sarcasm:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want to believe that Regis getting an interview is the FO's way of trolling him for his comments in the wake of Shero being fired. Kind of like Morehouse's birthday wishes to Rossi.

:laugh:

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Pierre being GM would be like asking an autistic kid that loves airplanes to be your pilot. Yea, the kid can name, in exacting detail, every part on the plane, down to length of the bolts used to hold up the sex swing in the cabin, but that doesn't mean they can make it fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad