Stupid Madden, Rossi, Anderson et al Tricks Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

This has to be the most pathetic group of head coaches available ever this summer.

Hire Boucher as HC and Hynes and Tocchet as assistants and move the **** on.

And those of you who praise JR for being open with the media, check yourselves.

We have completed our interviews. Next day: pens seek permission to speak with Stevens and Desjardins.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
Article from Google..

Coaching Modo in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Elitserien campaigns, Samuelsson posted a mediocre 47-49-16 record and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years. Modo had the second-worst defense in the league his first year but improved to the middle of the pack by his second year.

Not impressive. Dejan was hammering Desjardins for being a 'minor league coach' who did win the Calder Cup and a WHL title. Ulf floundered and was average in a B league. If Ulf Samuelsson is named Chip Hinkle with that resume, Dejan and nobody else is interested.

I'm so glad that someone at Bleacher Report is qualified enough to talk about Swedish hockey. That whole article is biased against Ulf. But hey, if you read it on the internet it must be true.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
This has to be the most pathetic group of head coaches available ever this summer.

Hire Boucher as HC and Hynes and Tocchet as assistants and move the **** on.

And those of you who praise JR for being open with the media, check yourselves.

We have completed our interviews. Next day: pens seek permission to speak with Stevens and Desjardins.

JR is either senile or a master at disinformation.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Madden twitter dump, read from bottom-up:

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 36m
Desjardins may have used Pens4 leverage w/Vanc. He's from Sask. Maybe he wants2 coach in Western Canada. Who knows?

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 37m
Desjardins would not have been my choice. But how d'ya know the guy's a ****y until he turns tail& flees?

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 41m
Desjardins is 57& never had an NHL head coaching job. There's a reason4 that.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 44m
Islanders need2 get 2cap floor. Who's the only Long Island-born player in the NHL? It's a longshot. But a possibility.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 45m
Ownership wanted Tocchet 2b an asst last yr. Shero vetoed. Wanted2 preserve get-along gang. Seen as a big failing by Shero.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 46m
Jim Rutherford& Sid had a long meeting in LA. Sid is training in LA. So new GM& capt have not been incommunicado as reported.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 47m
But, wait...there's more!

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 48m
So Pens didn't "blow it" w/Desjardins. The minor-lg curtain-jerker= 2big of a ****y 2come 2Pgh &handle the pressure of winning right away.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 49m
The Penguins DID offer Willie Desjardins a 3-yr deal. FOR SURE. Not 2. Three. So term should not have been a factor.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX · 54m
I've been on the phone all night. Who wants me2 explode some myths about the Pens' coaching search?

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Madden with his Ron Wilson + Rick Tocchet coaching agenda tweets. Hiring those two guys will almost certainly guarantee failure and next Summer Madden will be saying he never wanted Wilson in the first place.:shakehead

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
uh, I thought it was one of the most poorly-written things I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Is Yohe saying that Dan Bylsma is the first person to have early success? So that makes it okay to not adapt?

I would argue that a lot of people have success and continue to adapt. That's what separates greatness from flukes.

Bylsma is a fluke.

And then he writes:

Sorry, that first group of quotes contradicts the last quote.

Continuing:

because:

So if you're not looking to win a lot of Championships, Dan Bylsma is your guy!!!

Also the whole, "Dan Bylsma wanted to paint a Mona Lisa, Florida doesn't" thing seems a bit hypocritical?

From only a "writing" standpoint, the opener:

is written like a 10th grader trying to meet a word limit.

What I took from this: Josh Yohe is so far up Dan Bylsma's ass that he may as well be wearing him as a meat suit. So while he attempts to levy justified criticism, he couches it by absolving him of all blame and saying - without support - that anyone would have made the same mistakes.

In conclusion: **** Josh Yohe, he sucks at his job and is stealing money along with oxygen.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

YES!
There's nothing quite like a good old fashioned Iced Capp spite filled hate rant! Especially when it is directed towards the local media who deserve it more than they get it!

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
Article from Google..

Coaching Modo in the 2011-12 and 2012-13 Elitserien campaigns, Samuelsson posted a mediocre 47-49-16 record and lost in the first round of the playoffs both years. Modo had the second-worst defense in the league his first year but improved to the middle of the pack by his second year.

Not impressive. Dejan was hammering Desjardins for being a 'minor league coach' who did win the Calder Cup and a WHL title. Ulf floundered and was average in a B league. If Ulf Samuelsson is named Chip Hinkle with that resume, Dejan and nobody else is interested.

Modo was quite a bit worse before Ulf took over them and they haven't done better with Anders Forsberg (he had the best record in sel under that time). Before Ulf took over they where more or less a lock for the regulation series or in a best case scenario ended up in no mans land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad