Stupid Crap CBC HNIC Says RE: Habs

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012
I thought it might be fun to compile a list of the stupid crap that CBC analysts say about the Habs.

One that sticks out in my mind is when PJ Stock was talking about Subban being uncomfortable and hated in the dressing room. Dave Stubbs called him out on the lie and Stock got upset and started accusing him of being biased and unprofessional. :laugh:

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Lol. I might be one of the few that still enjoy Bob Cole. The man is a legend.

I enjoy the atmosphere his commenting gives to hockey game, it's pure vintage. What i dont enjoy, however, is the many mistakes he makes and his missing plays or not recognizing players.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
I like Bob Cole but at this point in time when he is consistently out of words and calls Eller Gallagher its time to retire.

But to be honest, the only ones that pronounce the players names right and make it fun to hear is RDS and the few times that we're on TSN. I tried listening to a game on the radio and....TSN690 John Bartlett's voice is sooo hard to listen to and makes the game boring. The atmosphere is better on french one but Martin McGuire's name pronounciation is sooo annoying. (He calls Eller "Heller" 90% of the times, and have no idea how opposing players names are pronounced ("Van Raaimsdyk", "Grossemen", "andrège mesaros"...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
C'mon, how can you hate Bob Cole? He gives two for the price of one. You can watch the game that's playing on your set and listen to the one that's playing in Bob Cole's head.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Anybody who doesn't like Bob Cole, consider that his heir apparent might be Joe Bowen.

Bowen is Mr. Leaf, and so annoying I cannot watch or listen to a game he calls.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
But to be honest, the only ones that pronounce the players names right and make it fun to hear is RDS and the few times that we're on TSN. I tried listening to a game on the radio and....TSN690 John Bartlett's voice is sooo hard to listen to and makes the game boring. The atmosphere is better on french one but Martin McGuire's name pronounciation is sooo annoying. (He calls Eller "Heller" 90% of the times, and have no idea how opposing players names are pronounced ("Van Raaimsdyk", "Grossemen", "andrège mesaros"...

Agreed about McGuire. I hate it when he calls Tomas Plekanec "Thomas Plékanèque".

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008

My favorite is "Hadam All". For real man, you add an H where there isn't one and you remove an H where there is one??

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I love Bob Cole's voice and the excitement he brings to calling the game.I can live with his mistakes.

Hughson may be top dog when getting players name right, but his monotone voice puts me to sleep.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Anybody who doesn't like Bob Cole, consider that his heir apparent might be Joe Bowen.

Bowen is Mr. Leaf, and so annoying I cannot watch or listen to a game he calls.

CBC needs to rehire Chris Cuthbert.

I was just watching the 93 cup run on NHL game vault and it was Christ Cuthbert and Dick Irvin calling most of the games. Brought a tear to my eyes.

Miss the games with Dick Irvin and Steve Shutt on CJAD 800.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I speak english pretty decently, but I still have no idea how to pronounce the H sound. In french, we add that letter to words that look awkward without it. It has no sound.

:laugh: I love this post.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
We all know the Canadian way is the best : you need a big tough team ! That's why we were the last Canadian team to win it I guess ;) And Vancouver came the closest lately with a skilled team. CBC... Clowns Broadcasting in Canada. Seriously, I love having a fast and skilled team mixed with character and toughness, with sound goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad