Stupid Crap CBC HNIC Says RE: Habs

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's amazing that people still don't understand the purpose of Glenn Healy. He is there to stir things up and be controversial and he is very good at doing it. It would be boring as hell if everyone was like Friedman.
Glenn Healy and PJ Stock drive their audience away. I don't even go out of my way to watch the Stove anymore because it's all PJ and Healy trying to yell over everyone.

I love HNIC. I'm a traditionalist and I hated when they lost the theme song and I hate the idea of the CBC losing HNIC (which is a real possibility) as they've done hockey better than anyone else for decades upon decades.

But the clown show has to stop. Cherry is unique and they keep trying to recreate him. All these guys do is try to be Cherry lite. It's gotten so bad that PJ is actually starting to dress like him. PATHETIC!

Bring back Kelly Hrudey... he's being wasted as a colour guy. Have him do the Behind the Mask segment. HE should be Cherry's successor. And he can do double duty on the stove with Friedman and Weekes. Fire the two clowns and have them chat with Maclean and maybe a journalist of the week type thing.

It's really sad to see what's happening over there.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Bring back Kelly Hrudey... he's being wasted as a colour guy. Have him do the Behind the Mask segment. HE should be Cherry's successor. And he can do double duty on the stove with Friedman and Weekes. Fire the two clowns and have them chat with Maclean and maybe a journalist of the week type thing.

I rarely get to see CBC anymore but I agree with this. Hrudey should be Cherry's successor and do double duty. Its too bad gong show sells because to me it was a Canadian pride thing, being so much more knowledgeable about hockey. Couple that with McGuire leaving TSN for the US and the gap is narrowing.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Sub-Thread:
Stupid things CBC HNIC does.

Always making the early Saturday game a Leaf one. Outside of the "home game" geographicical sphere we should have a choice. ********rs.
I'm in Alberta ffs.

I'm in Nova Scotia. It's a given if the leafs are playing on Saturday night then they are going to be on

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Glenn Healy and PJ Stock drive their audience away. I don't even go out of my way to watch the Stove anymore because it's all PJ and Healy trying to yell over everyone.

I love HNIC. I'm a traditionalist and I hated when they lost the theme song and I hate the idea of the CBC losing HNIC (which is a real possibility) as they've done hockey better than anyone else for decades upon decades.

But the clown show has to stop. Cherry is unique and they keep trying to recreate him. All these guys do is try to be Cherry lite. It's gotten so bad that PJ is actually starting to dress like him. PATHETIC!

They're not trying to recreate Cherry. It's not like they're being given orders on what their opinions should be, and how obnoxious they should be acting. They're just natural loudmouths.

Also, pretty sure their outfits are picked out for them...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They're not trying to recreate Cherry. It's not like they're being given orders on what their opinions should be, and how obnoxious they should be acting. They're just natural loudmouths.
The CBC has hired the biggest loudmouths they could. They want the next Cherry. And right now Stock and Healy are trying to outyell each other for the job.
Also, pretty sure their outfits are picked out for them...
No they don't. The days of the cheesy CBC Uniforms are long gone. Stock chooses his own ridiculous outfits. He's a joke and shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
We all know the Canadian way is the best : you need a big tough team ! That's why we were the last Canadian team to win it I guess ;) And Vancouver came the closest lately with a skilled team. CBC... Clowns Broadcasting in Canada. Seriously, I love having a fast and skilled team mixed with character and toughness, with sound goaltending.

Detroit..? Only team without goons last decades... been going pretty well for them hehe

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
It's amazing that people still don't understand the purpose of Glenn Healy. He is there to stir things up and be controversial and he is very good at doing it. It would be boring as hell if everyone was like Friedman.

i don't know about you, but i like my conversations with a side order of intelligence. im not asking for the Socratic method here, im ok with rants and god knows i do my fair share but at least try to make a point. calling healy controversial is a hell of a compliment and PJ stock is an over-concussed single cell organism with a furry complex

Bruins, furry, get it?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dick Irvin was probably the most biased Habs announcer in the history of CBC and for payback it's now a pre-requisite to hate Montreal to call a game

Next to the career backup Healy giving goalie tips and well PJ opening his mouth about hockey full stop, my favourite is pretty much any penalty call in Montreal's favour is followed by 'and the Canadien added a little extra to sell that call'

It's like there's never an actual infraction against us and we are the only ones that dive, I'm surprised that Pacs wasn't accused of diving when he broke his neck (well by the announcers and not just Dr. Recchi)

I often watch the out of town broadcast now, at least they don't pretend they're neutral and Coach's Corner ran it's course circa 2005, need someone new who doesn't just ramble on about the old times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->