Stuntman Stu retiring from Sens announcer

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Someone should let Boro know there is an opening in the field of his true calling
The calls would be a few seconds late each time

Also stu reads the boards? My dad and I were never huge fans of his voice or calling, but I'm very glad to hear about his health being better and wish him all the best.
I also would never have the courage to call a sporting event so often with so many people in attendance, that takes something.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ah ok thanks. This would be a big mistake by me then but I associated him with things like ribfest and cheeseburgers and pizza n beer.

If I’m wrong then I owe him an apology for sure.

Pretty sure I recently saw a picture of him with a bacon cheese pizza and heard there was an offer to eat at a healthy restaurant that he turned down.
Again, I could be wrong and would offer an apology in that case.
I admit I don’t know a lot about him and honestly wasn’t thinking that comment would get much attention. (People read this stuff??)

Edit: I guess this is the kind of thing I had in memory. Not the recent picture I was thinking of but another unhealthy looking meal. Course I don’t know how often he’s eating this stuff(not my business anyway) but if that’s the kind of stuff posted publicly....

Here’s the picture I saw more recently,
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di3yACCUwAIUlU6.jpg

So that’s some of why I thought the way I did.

You should never post this kind of thing, true or false. Nor should you assume that people who eat pizza and drink beer don't care about their health. You can be super judgy when it comes to food, and this time you've gone too far.

It's just REALLY poor taste all around, the type of thing that the internet lets folks do that would never fly in a room full of actual people. I mean you post in a public forum and are surprised that people read it (we are people, you know)? And now you admit that you know next to nothing about the man (so why would you make this snide remark in an appreciation thread again)? This paints a small picture of you, and it ain't pretty dude.

Good on him for calling you out, you should apologize for publicly insulting the man no matter how many pictures of pizza he posts. People like to slough things off like: "oh, it's just the internet", but these incidences should serve as a reminder that not only do people read things on a public forum (shocking), but people's feeling's can actually be hurt by anonymous jerks.

Good luck in the future Stu!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You should never post this kind of thing, true or false. Nor should you assume that people who eat pizza and drink beer don't care about their health. You can be super judgy when it comes to food, and this time you've gone too far.

It's just REALLY poor taste all around, the type of thing that the internet lets folks do that would never fly in a room full of actual people. I mean you post in a public forum and are surprised that people read it (we are people, you know)? And now you admit that you know next to nothing about the man (so why would you make this snide remark in an appreciation thread again)? This paints a small picture of you, and it ain't pretty dude.

Good on him for calling you out, you should apologize for publicly insulting the man no matter how many pictures of pizza he posts. People like to slough things off like: "oh, it's just the internet", but these incidences should serve as a reminder that not only do people read things on a public forum (shocking), but people's feeling's can actually be hurt by anonymous jerks.

Good luck in the future Stu!
I really hope he is healthy obviously. I’m not the kind of person that wishes anything but that for people.
I don’t really think what I posted was that bad was it?
I mean considering I posted it here on hfboards and not on Facebook or twitter etc
And I was just basing it off of things that he himself posted to the Internet. Those are the images that were stored in my brain. He put them there.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I really hope he is healthy obviously. I’m not the kind of person that wishes anything but that for people.
I mean considering I posted it here on hfboards and not on Facebook or twitter etc
And I was just basing it off of things that he himself posted to the Internet. Those are the images that were stored in my brain. He put them there.

I know, which is why you should be mindful of how things you post may come across. There are lots of folks who don't care, or revel in the 'freedoms' anonymity provide. I can understand that you're not that, I think you generally mean well.

...But this is a thread about him retiring to recuperate after a battle with cancer. It came across like you were taking issue with how important his health was to him, maybe even health shaming a cancer survivor (kind of how it came across). It's never a nice thing to post, not really, and in this context came across as insulting and inappropriate.

He didn't 'put images in your head', you looked at them, stored them, and then used them later to insult him. This is on you, but a simple apology (if you wanted to) I think would suffice.

It's also interesting, and eye opening, to learn that Sens related personnel read in here sometimes. We know the team has an account, that reporters and bloggers read and get info from in here, and that players come in here sometimes (not for the faint of heart).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Yeah, honestly it was. You sound remorseful, but once you post something on the World Wide Web, it gets around as you saw. Can't judge people on one picture of pizza and make a judgement of his lifestyle.

I know HF is pretty whack lately, but be careful!

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Ah ok thanks. This would be a big mistake by me then but I associated him with things like ribfest and cheeseburgers and pizza n beer.

If I’m wrong then I owe him an apology for sure.

Pretty sure I recently saw a picture of him with a bacon cheese pizza and heard there was an offer to eat at a healthy restaurant that he turned down.
Again, I could be wrong and would offer an apology in that case.
I admit I don’t know a lot about him and honestly wasn’t thinking that comment would get much attention. (People read this stuff??)

Edit: I guess this is the kind of thing I had in memory. Not the recent picture I was thinking of but another unhealthy looking meal. Course I don’t know how often he’s eating this stuff(not my business anyway) but if that’s the kind of stuff posted publicly....

Here’s the picture I saw more recently,
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Di3yACCUwAIUlU6.jpg

So that’s some of why I thought the way I did.

wow...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Way to apologize by blaming him.

You are pathetic.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah, honestly it was. You sound remorseful, but once you post something on the World Wide Web, it gets around as you saw. Can't judge people on one picture of pizza and make a judgement of his lifestyle.

I know HF is pretty whack lately, but be careful!
I’m not sure I can make it sound any better with more words. I didn’t put much thought into what I wrote originally (like a lot of what I post here). It was top of the head and definitely not expecting him to see it (not that it’s a good excuse).
Am I supposed to explain what I don’t like about this whole situation or just leave it alone now?

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa

Just because you posted on hfboards and not Facebook or twitter doesn’t mean he won’t find out about it...or read it. Two pictures of pizza does not mean that’s all he eats either. One of those pictures was a bet where he had to eat a slice of pizza with pineapple on it - he did and raised money for charity. Stu was very vocal about pineapple not belonging on pizza.

If he wasn’t taking care of his health, I’m pretty sure his doctor and his wife would tell him. You shouldn’t assume anything.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Good on him for prioritizing his well-being.

I’m sure all the negativity surrounding the team made it easier for him to cut ties this offseason but he’s been part of some memorable moments that will forever be ingrained in many people’s memory and that’s all you could ask for really.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
0405-stuntmanstu-stu-found-out-today-that-he-is-now-in-remi.jpeg

Ya, what a couch potato. If you think eating the odd slice of pizza or rack of ribs makes one not care about their health, we'll that's so f***ing dumb I don't even know how to respond. The guy works his ass off, beat cancer, and looks like he spends more time in the gym than 95 percent of the population. It's no wonder this board gets such a bad rap. Jesus christ.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
View attachment 144615

Ya, what a couch potato. If you think eating the odd slice of pizza or rack of ribs makes one not care about their health, we'll that's so ****ing dumb I don't even know how to respond. The guy works his ass off, beat cancer, and looks like he spends more time in the gym than 95 percent of the population. It's no wonder this board gets such a bad rap. Jesus christ.
Yeah, was one of the worst, most ridiculous things I've seen posted here

Reactions: The Lewler

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
View attachment 144615

Ya, what a couch potato. If you think eating the odd slice of pizza or rack of ribs makes one not care about their health, we'll that's so ****ing dumb I don't even know how to respond. The guy works his ass off, beat cancer, and looks like he spends more time in the gym than 95 percent of the population. It's no wonder this board gets such a bad rap. Jesus christ.
This is the kinda of stuff I don’t want to get in to here but you want to keep pushing and making me look dumb I have to defend?
Because a picture of a guys muscles proves nothing. Never said he was a “couch potato”.
I saw pictures of pepperoni bacon cheese pizza and assumed he eats it.
That will kill you. Missing a day at the gym won’t.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the kinda of stuff I don’t want to get in to here but you want to keep pushing and making me look dumb I have to defend?
Because a picture of a guys muscles proves nothing. Never said he was a “couch potato”.

I mean there’s not caring about your health and then there’s living. You can go on and on about things that can be detrimental to your health. Pointing out someone occasionally it’s pizza and suggesting they don’t care about their health is incredibly naive. Do you live in Ottawa? I could go on about the possible health effects from living in an urban setting but living in a city doesn’t mean you don’t care about your health.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think ice level has got the point now. He apologized. He’s not the first person on the planet to put his foot in his mouth. I do it about once a week. And when you do, don’t dig a hole; just own it.

I agree. But the usual people in here can't let it go. Guy messed up and said he shouldn't have said it. What more do people want

Reactions: Sun God Nika

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Even if you think that’s unhealthy (I don’t think so, and Stu looks good and in shape), a guy who had cancer can eat whatever the hell he wants in my opinion.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

You should have just sent a quick apology, mentioned it here, and moved on.

Instead you keep digging by pushing your nutrition agenda instead, typical.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think ice level has got the point now. He apologized. He’s not the first person on the planet to put his foot in his mouth. I do it about once a week. And when you do, don’t dig a hole; just own it.

Did he apologize? I saw him suggest it and then blame the guy for posting the pictures.

Folks have such a hard time delivering sincere apologies, when it's the easiest thing to do, and makes a world of difference in most setting. It's a skill that when acquired can really change relationships in general.

Anyways, I've said my piece, moving on.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Did he apologize? I saw him suggest it and then blame the guy for posting the pictures.

Folks have such a hard time delivering sincere apologies, when it's the easiest thing to do, and makes a world of difference in most setting. It's a skill that when acquired can really change relationships in general.

Anyways, I've said my piece, moving on.

I agree.

"I apologize, but..." is annoying and insincere. But in his response to me earlier he was mostly apologetic. But, Ice-T, as you know, some people can't help themselves and dude makes it worse because of it. He should have stopped at my post lol

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I agree.

"I apologize, but..." is annoying and insincere. But in his response to me earlier he was mostly apologetic. But, Ice-T, as you know, some people can't help themselves and dude makes it worse because of it. He should have stopped at my post lol
I don’t want to keep pushing blame on others but what happens is people keep on it and get personal with name calling and saying I’m a f***ing idiot etc. (I checked the posts on fb and Twitter)
Makes it difficult to apologize and walk away. Like if I don’t defend and explain further than it looks like I have no reasoning
Maybe that sounds hypocritical not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensational Ride

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don’t want to keep pushing blame on others but what happens is people keep on it and get personal with name calling and saying I’m a ****ing idiot etc. (I checked the posts on fb and Twitter)
Makes it difficult to apologize and walk away. Like if I don’t defend and explain further than it looks like I have no reasoning
Maybe that sounds hypocritical not sure.

Fair enough man. I meant more like a private message to Stu since he responded to it, but yeah, maybe stay away from those posts for now, as usual the animosity piles up quick and it can get hurtful. To be honest I don't think there is much interest on public social media to listen to people's reasonings, I wouldn't bother unless you're a gluten for pain.

Reactions: Sensational Ride

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad