Stuntman Stu retiring from Sens announcer

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don’t want to keep pushing blame on others but what happens is people keep on it and get personal with name calling and saying I’m a ****ing idiot etc. (I checked the posts on fb and Twitter)
Makes it difficult to apologize and walk away. Like if I don’t defend and explain further than it looks like I have no reasoning
Maybe that sounds hypocritical not sure.

I get it pal, believe me. I know you felt bad.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I've had a few slices of pizza every one and a half to two weeks for my whole life. Between October '17 and March '18 I lost 40 pounds and still ate pizza and burgers and chocolate. I'm pretty healthy and I still enjoy my pizza, burgers, ice creams, pies, and cookies.

I mean, yeah, if someone has pizza every single day that's not too good but nothing Stu posted suggested that. "Pepperoni bacon is the answer to world peace" is hardly him saying substitute your fruits and vegetables for a large bacon pepperoni every day.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've had a few slices of pizza every one and a half to two weeks for my whole life. Between October '17 and March '18 I lost 40 pounds and still ate pizza and burgers and chocolate. I'm pretty healthy and I still enjoy my pizza, burgers, ice creams, pies, and cookies.

I mean, yeah, if someone has pizza every single day that's not too good but nothing Stu posted suggested that. "Pepperoni bacon is the answer to world peace" is hardly him saying substitute your fruits and vegetables for a large bacon pepperoni every day.
I’m digging a hole for myself here but
it seeeeems like he talks about pizza a lot(and burgers and candy?). I haven’t seen anything from him with healthy foods. A pepperoni bacon pizza is just about the worst thing you can eat. Yes it tastes good but for health it is up there with the worst.
If someone is taking their health “very seriously” they don’t post that because they are not going near it while dealing with health issues.
I actually think it’s obnoxious/disrespectful to post something like that while collecting people’s support for your health.
And it was the combination of that with the other posts and the laughing off of someone’s offer for a meal at a healthy restaurant that led me to posting that little relatively harmless thing off in the darkness of an hf corner.
A strong appearance does not equal good health. What you put into your body actually matters.
Maybe this is just a disagreement about what is healthy. Some people do think bacon and cheese and butter is good for you so.....

Anyway, moderators feel free to delete all my posts in this thread and then I will add a simple good luck stu post.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Seriously, are we still talking about the Stuntman's predilection towards 'Zas? Give it a rest...

Reactions: Flip_4

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
This thread unexpectedly delivered.. like the pizza man.

Everything kills you.

Eat in moderation and keep the sugar down. That's it.
Don’t eat in moderation that’s actually bad. Eat a lot of food that is good for you. That’s good.

Not everything kills you. That’s wrong.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don’t eat in moderation that’s actually bad. Eat a lot of food that is good for you. That’s good.

Not everything kills you. That’s wrong.

Even water will kill you if you drink too much (and no, I'm not talking about drowning, you can dilute your electrolytes and end up with hyponatremia ).

And what the heck do you think moderation means if you think it's bad??? It literally means don't do things in excess or extremes...

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Even water will kill you if you drink too much (and no, I'm not talking about drowning, you can dilute your electrolytes and end up with hyponatremia ).

And what the heck do you think moderation means if you think it's bad??? It literally means don't do things in excess or extremes...
Eat everything in moderation usually implies that one can eat anything as long as they don’t eat too much of it. Well what is “too much” and why eat sh** in moderation.
If you are eating whole foods fruits and vegetables you don’t have to worry about moderation (the water example is a bit extreme). You just eat until you are full.
The “moderation” thing was created for people eating the wrong things.
So it’s not really useful for someone eating healthy.
And just to clarify I don’t wxactly follow the most perfect human diet myself(pretty good but not perfect).
Just don’t go spreading bad information or promote things that can seriously harm someone else. That’s where I speak up. Cause obviously I’ve dealt with friends and family members getting sick and dying off following the wrong advice.

Reminder: Processed meats are classified as a level 1 carcinogen.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What's cookin' in here today? Happy Thanksgiving y'all

All good my friend, the usuals and looking forward to it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Three weeks into a major diet change after undergoing a food sensitivity test has done wonders. I can have Turkey so am happy! The nutritionist advice is eat until you are full, which flies against my "everything in moderation " motto. But it is working. Not hungry and losing weight, and more energy!

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Eat everything in moderation usually implies that one can eat anything as long as they don’t eat too much of it. Well what is “too much” and why eat sh** in moderation.
If you are eating whole foods fruits and vegetables you don’t have to worry about moderation (the water example is a bit extreme). You just eat until you are full.
And just to clarify I don’t wxactly follow the most perfect human diet myself(pretty good but not perfect).
Just don’t go spreading bad information or promote things that can seriously harm someone else. That’s where I speak up. Cause obviously I’ve dealt with friends and family members getting sick and dying off following the wrong advice.

The point isn't that crap food is healthy for you so long as you do so in moderation, but rather that you can eat healthy and eat crap from time to time if you only eat the crap in moderation. Moderation is relative to what you're talking about, eating fruit or vegetables in moderation doesn't mean the same as eating pizza in moderation, you can consume far more of the former while still doing so in moderation. But in reality, you always need to get the healthy stuff.

Anyways, this is going so far off topic that I'm going to leave it at that, this isn't the place to have this discussion,

Reactions: Inkling

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018

Of course a moderator is defending moderation!

Kay I'll see the door now

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown

What's your diet? Just curious, by no means looking to bicker. Vegetarian? Vegan? Raw? Macrobiotic?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Keep in mind that Stu's primary gig is the morning show on Magic 100. This means that on any weeknight the Sens are playing, he was getting about four hours a night sleep before going right back at it. As much as he loved working the Sens games, that schedule would be tough on anyone. He brought a lot of personality to the role and he'll definitely be missed, but I am glad he is putting his health and his family first.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Keep in mind that Stu's primary gig is the morning show on Magic 100. This means that on any weeknight the Sens are playing, he was getting about four hours a night sleep before going right back at it. As much as he loved working the Sens games, that schedule would be tough on anyone. He brought a lot of personality to the role and he'll definitely be missed, but I am glad he is putting his health and his family first.
Yeah that’s a busy schedule. With a family and kids too.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
All the best, Stu. Stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you back with the sens soon.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Fruits and veggies are good for you and pizza and processed meats are bads?

Holy moly, I'm glad you told me. I thought peperoni was made of vitamins and stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad