Injury Report: Stuetzle Suffers Upper Body Injury in Training in Germany

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Now the opponents know to target his left hand to slow him down. Let's hope he wears extra padding for a while.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
tenor.gif

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Yes he does.

Stutzle shoots left. Hence his shooting hand is his left hand.

Tells me everything I need to know about Brent Wallace and whether he likely played hockey or not.

It appears NOT!

You appear to be the one mistaken. Your top hand on the stick is the dominant hand or shooting hand. Most people write with their right hand. That's why there's more left handed shots than right handed shots.

Reactions: FormentonTheFuture

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
You appear to be the one mistaken. Your top hand on the stick is the dominant hand or shooting hand. Most people write with their right hand. That's why there's more left handed shots than right handed shots.

I'm not exactly sure how to define "shooting hand" here. If he's a LH shot, the left hand is providing the power on the shot, and the right hand is more responsible for stick handling. Doesn't really make sense to call either a "shooting hand" like you would in basketball

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

I shoot right and my dominant right hand / power hand is on the shaft of the stick.

Id much rather shoot the puck being a righty with a broken left hand than a broken right hand.

Either way it sucks

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pretty disappointing news, will hope he recovers well, can't speak for the hand but as a lefty had a few fingers broken in an incident and it took me a year or two to shoot again decently, frankly it still bothers me a bit 5 years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad