Injury Report: Stuetzle Suffers Upper Body Injury in Training in Germany

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok,Iam glad he should be ready to go....But this is a problem when u have a team that expects their goto kid on offense,that hasnt played and nhl game and is still just a teenager...

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
More ridiculous freak-out posts without knowing any details here.

Alex Smith just played his first snap the other day after his leg rotted off and they near amputated his leg..

stutzle is probably having a tendon repaired or something, and there's zero panic to rush him back. This isn't career ending surgery whatsoever, just be thankful it isn't something lower body that could hinder his skating.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Alex Smith just played his first snap the other day after his leg rotted off and they near amputated his leg..

stutzle is probably having a tendon repaired or something, and there's zero panic to rush him back. This isn't career ending surgery whatsoever, just be thankful it isn't something lower body that could hinder his skating.
Just read through three pages of posts and have yet to come across a "freak-out post". Are people concerned, yes. Is this franchise cursed, yes, but very far from any freak outs. Everyone just seems concerned about our new star player. Pretty normal reactions IMO.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

There is zero impact on his future. Just means he has to wait a bit to start this season.

Reactions: Speatleysson

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON

I don’t know how any Sens fan doesn’t think anything but “holy shit, here we go again” when seeing something like this after these past 3 years.

Reactions: BatherSeason

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
If the projected recovery time is only 6-8 weeks, this can’t be anything major. I wouldn’t be too worried

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if this will delay his coming to NA for this season & maybe they take the extra time in this Covid 19 world to stay in Germany to completely heal & not rush him in any way? Wouldn't hurt given we're looking at another crappy season & still no possibility of fans watching or buying tickets. There would be no point in showing him off except on TV which could turn into buying some future tickets, but who knows when that will be.

Reactions: Cosmix

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Since there is no hockey being played currently I am just going to pretend this never happened and never click on this thread again.

Goodbye.

Reactions: Deku

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Dorion (sees medical bills): Looks like the kid's career is pretty much done. He might want to get an education or something.

Mann: I hear UND is a good school...

Dorion: He's back baby!!!!

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I was listening to TSN 1200 this morning and a listener from Germany texted into the show and mentioned that it's common in Germany to have a surgery after a broken arm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad