HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
They are probably saying it's a conky issue

conky1.jpg

Fn89

Jun 19, 2010
According to one reporter,When the media asked him, Havlat said to ask Todd if he was a healthy scratch or injured!

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
According to one reporter,When the media asked him, Havlat said to ask Todd if he was a healthy scratch or injured!

Marty Havlat has been scratched the past two games and McLellan indicated Monday that while the Sharks forward isn't injured, he is using the time off to improve physically.
"We're trying to shut him down to get him built up so that he can play," the coach said.

"He's working on his strength and flexibility on the night's he's not playing."

Havlat had played in the ten games before those against Pittsburgh and Montreal, scoring two goals. He referred all questions on his status to McLellan.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_25314331/san-jose-sharks-power-play-hasnt-been-very

:dunno:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It really does seem like the organization is treating him badly but it's odd that there doesn't seem to be any indications that he wants out.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
It really does seem like the organization is treating him badly but it's odd that there doesn't seem to be any indications that he wants out.

I don't see that at all.

That surgery did a number on him. He has very little power or acceleration in his stride, he has issues with his stops and starts as well as changing direction quickly. He get muscled off of the puck really easily.

I don't think them working with him on getting his lower body stronger is treating him badly. He needs it and if it means he might be a bit healthier and his body better prepared going into the playoffs then that's a bonus.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I don't see that at all.

That surgery did a number on him. He has very little power or acceleration in his stride, he has issues with his stops and starts as well as changing direction quickly. He get muscled off of the puck really easily.

I don't think them working with him on getting his lower body stronger is treating him badly. He needs it and if it means he might be a bit healthier and his body better prepared going into the playoffs then that's a bonus.

Yup. The type of hockey the Sharks play is not conducive to Havlat's current health.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

I don't think he really has a choice. He's pretty much a buyout candidate. If he wants to play next year, he needs to get as healthy as he can and produce in the playoffs. Then he stands a chance to get another contract. A lot would be forgiven of him if he produces in the playoffs, more so than if he muddles along during the regular season as he has.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't see that at all.

Sorry, I should clarify. I actually didn't mean it in that way. I meant it like if he was actually upset about his playing time and being scratched and all that, you would think that he would want out but there's been no real indication of that.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PollakOnSharks 2:03pm via Web

One bit of news to pass along before laptop battery conks out at 30,000 feet: Stuart did not make the trip w/#SJSharks.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
PollakOnSharks 2:03pm via Web

One bit of news to pass along before laptop battery conks out at 30,000 feet: Stuart did not make the trip w/#SJSharks.

Weird. Hertl and Torres were traveling fairly soon after their injuries. Hope it isn't too serious. As inconsistent as Stuey has been I like him more than Irwin.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Stuart has only missed "two" road trips. (Perhaps he's making up for all the time he was away from home after 2005)

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Weird. Hertl and Torres were traveling fairly soon after their injuries. Hope it isn't too serious. As inconsistent as Stuey has been I like him more than Irwin.

It may be bad or the Sharks may simply be giving him rest. He's a vet and hasn't been playing that great (okay he's bee terrible). Maybe part of it was due to a nagging injury and they are letting it heal? Maybe the org is just giving him some time to rest hoping he can come back refreshed.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
It may be bad or the Sharks may simply be giving him rest. He's a vet and hasn't been playing that great (okay he's bee terrible). Maybe part of it was due to a nagging injury and they are letting it heal? Maybe the org is just giving him some time to rest hoping he can come back refreshed.
I hope they're just making sure he gets back to 100%. Whether we like it or not he's going to be a vital part of the defense this season. Need him at his best.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I would not be surprised this is somewhat mutual and he's agreeing to go on LTIR to get as healthy as possible for the playoffs. With him on LTIR, the Sharks don't have to make any more moves before the playoffs. It's mutually beneficial for the two of them.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I would not be surprised this is somewhat mutual and he's agreeing to go on LTIR to get as healthy as possible for the playoffs. With him on LTIR, the Sharks don't have to make any more moves before the playoffs. It's mutually beneficial for the two of them.

Pretty sure the NHLPA and NHL would flip the **** out if they found out, if that's the case.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Stuart's eligible to come off LTIR after today's game so we'll find out soon how the SHarks plan to handle the cap..

Considering he's not even practicing with the team yet I'm guessing it's going to be at least another week before he's ready to play, probably longer.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Considering he's not even practicing with the team yet I'm guessing it's going to be at least another week before he's ready to play, probably longer.

Yep, which supports my original point... Stuart is "conveniently" on LTIR. For the record, I do think he's injured. If the Sharks were fighting for their playoff lives *maybe* he comes off LTIR or never went on it but now they have the luxury to keep him on it to get healthy for the playoffs.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yep, which supports my original point... Stuart is "conveniently" on LTIR. For the record, I do think he's injured. If the Sharks were fighting for their playoff lives *maybe* he comes off LTIR or never went on it but now they have the luxury to keep him on it to get healthy for the playoffs.

Was your original point that he's on LTIR because of the cap? I agree with others, they will not keep him on LTIR once he's healthy. However, none of that really matters right now because he isn't healthy. Even if the playoffs started tomorrow he wouldn't be playing, he's hurt.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Was your original point that he's on LTIR because of the cap? I agree with others, they will not keep him on LTIR once he's healthy. However, none of that really matters right now because he isn't healthy. Even if the playoffs started tomorrow he wouldn't be playing, he's hurt.

My original point (in a different thread - I think the Flyers game thread) was Stuart would probably go on LTIR to sort out the Cap issue. Yes, he's obviously injured but I think if circumstances were different, he might push to get back into the lineup.

Right now, none of us know the extent / severity of his injuries. You're merely assuming he wouldn't play tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad