Injury Report: Stuart Out for Road Trip 2/24

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 2m

Stuart's injury is from #SJSharks last game Feb. 7 vs. Columbus.
Expand

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 5m

#SJSharks defenseman Brad Stuart dealing with an upper body injury and "likely won't be with us for this first trip" Todd McLellan said

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 2m

Stuart's injury is from #SJSharks last game Feb. 7 vs. Columbus.
Expand

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 5m

#SJSharks defenseman Brad Stuart dealing with an upper body injury and "likely won't be with us for this first trip" Todd McLellan said

Depending on how they handle LTIR with the Olympic break, that could be enough to put him on LTIR to delay it for a bit.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They can go retroactive with LTIR so they don't have to keep him there for the whole time going forward.

It depends on how strict they're going to be with the wording of it regarding the Olympics. If they wanted to put him on now, he'd have to miss ten games but maybe they'll give teams a break for the Olympics since they couldn't play games while someone might've been out. I don't know.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
It depends on how strict they're going to be with the wording of it regarding the Olympics. If they wanted to put him on now, he'd have to miss ten games but maybe they'll give teams a break for the Olympics since they couldn't play games while someone might've been out. I don't know.

The Sharks might have an argument in that they played their last game well before the break and the rule is 10 games or 24 days whichever is least. The Olympic break was like a two-week freebie.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sharks might have an argument in that they played their last game well before the break and the rule is 10 games or 24 days whichever is least. The Olympic break was like a two-week freebie.

I'm pretty sure the wording in the CBA is AND not OR for 10 games and 24 days. I just don't know whether they made any exception for the Olympics or not.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

The rule for LTIR is 10 games and 24 days.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
With all the injuries this team has had this year, I almost feel bad saying this is addition by subtraction, but that's what it feels like.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It's not because Irwin is still in there.

I deleted the Irwin stuff because he has been playing a lot. Looking at the team right now, and getting Couture and Torres back, I wonder if getting a sturdy D-Man should be the objective. It's probably a mute point with the Salary cap, but other than Vlasic, Braun, and to a lesser extent Hannan, this Defense isn't all that great, this year at least.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Demers drop off the face of the world or something? Its a tough break because Stuey was playing pretty well. Yay more Irwin.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I deleted the Irwin stuff because he has been playing a lot. Looking at the team right now, and getting Couture and Torres back, I wonder if getting a sturdy D-Man should be the objective. It's probably a mute point with the Salary cap, but other than Vlasic, Braun, and to a lesser extent Hannan, this Defense isn't all that great, this year at least.

I am thinking the same way. DW will likely go to defense for the trades before the deadline.

Has any team gone to the finals with their main goal having an off year?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
If it's any consolation, my parents talked to him, and my dad talked about his 2 goals close to each other against the Sabers a couple years back, and asked him if he could do it again, he stared blankly at my dad's face and said, "I'm not sure the team will ask me to do that." And didn't say a word/stared with no expression the rest of the night. I personally think he'll be gone soon. Weird, I know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad