Injury Report: Stuart Out for Road Trip 2/24

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Burns has been fantastic at forwards...but I can see how he'd be a better fit on D.

Can you imagine:

Hertl-Thornton-Wingels
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Torres-Pavelski-Kennedy
Havlat-Desjardins-Sheppard

Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Burns
Boyle-Demers

That really isn't a bad lineup. And if Havlat could actually manage to do something...

Plus, acquire a guy like Setoguchi for a 2nd or something, and you even have the depth you need...

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
If DW was really good at being an opportunistic GM, he would somehow make a Boyle, MSL swap.
Then, somehow get Kulikov from FL.

If DW somehow got MSL for Boyle without giving up any significant extras I think we would have to put in a rule where no one can **** talk DW for at least a year. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If DW somehow got MSL for Boyle without giving up any significant extras I think we would have to put in a rule where no one can **** talk DW for at least a year. :laugh:

Hypothetically speaking, 5 forwards on the PP?

Marleau-Thornton-Couture
Pavelski-MSL

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
If it's any consolation, my parents talked to him, and my dad talked about his 2 goals close to each other against the Sabres a couple years back, and asked him if he could do it again, he stared blankly at my dad's face and said, "I'm not sure the team will ask me to do that." And didn't say a word/stared with no expression the rest of the night. I personally think he'll be gone soon. Weird, I know

Who is "him" you're referring to?

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
What is this? Year 4 of "IR to get under the cap?

We haven't used LTIR for 3 years and 3 years ago I don't recall if we even used it to get under the CAP.

You can use this link to check games players were on LTIR in past seasons.

http://www.capgeek.com/sharks/archive/

This season is different because we had to use it from day 1 to get under the CAP and thus have never banked any CAP space.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
We haven't used LTIR for 3 years and 3 years ago I don't recall if we even used it to get under the CAP.

This season is different because we had to use it from day 1 to get under the CAP and thus have never banked any CAP space.

Yeah, Wilson certainly knew that he would have to rely on LTIR this year too. At the start of the season, we were 518K under the cap without Hertl and Nieto called up, but only had 12 forwards. If we were fully healthy, we wouldn't have seen Hertl or Nieto at all this year, so we probably wouldn't have been nearly as good, as funny as that sounds.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
If it's any consolation, my parents talked to him, and my dad talked about his 2 goals close to each other against the Sabers a couple years back, and asked him if he could do it again, he stared blankly at my dad's face and said, "I'm not sure the team will ask me to do that." And didn't say a word/stared with no expression the rest of the night. I personally think he'll be gone soon. Weird, I know

Not saying you're wrong, but whenever I've talked to Stuart he seems really quiet and a little spacey. Like, I could totally see him responding to your dad's question that way.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Not saying you're wrong, but whenever I've talked to Stuart he seems really quiet and a little spacey. Like, I could totally see him responding to your dad's question that way.

I was just going to say the same thing...I've met/talked (tried anyway) to him a few times and he seems painfully shy.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

lol for some reason i mixed up IR with the Woosta shuffle.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
capgeek 7:34am via Web
No confirmation from the Sharks that Brad Stuart has been placed on LTIR, but we're making an assumption of the move for our estimates.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
So any idea what his injury is/how long?

You'll never hear what the injury is from the Sharks. But since most of us have concluded that he is on the LTIR for cap purposes, he has to be on the LTIR for 28 days, I believe, which would take us towards the end of March.

If the Sharks don't make any more significant roster moves to cut their cap hit, and no one else gets put on LTIR by the time he is eligible to be activated; he will need to stay on LTIR until the end of the regular season as they won't have any cap room to add him back to the roster. Once the regular season ends, there is not a salary cap and he can be activated.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't remember how he hurt himself at all. I'm gonna guess concussion though. If not that, shoulder injury.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
You'll never hear what the injury is from the Sharks. But since most of us have concluded that he is on the LTIR for cap purposes, he has to be on the LTIR for 28 days, I believe, which would take us towards the end of March.

If the Sharks don't make any more significant roster moves to cut their cap hit, and no one else gets put on LTIR by the time he is eligible to be activated; he will need to stay on LTIR until the end of the regular season as they won't have any cap room to add him back to the roster. Once the regular season ends, there is not a salary cap and he can be activated.

Pretty sure they can retro actively put him on LTIR, which would go back at least to the beginning of the Olympics on Feb 7th, but then there's the 10 game rule I believe. That would mean he could come back as early as the game on the 18th.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1m
Injured Brad Stuart skating laps at #SJSharks Ice under Mike Ricci's watchful eye before other teammates show up at noon.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
There's 19 games left and Stuart is skating so it's likely he comes back before the playoffs. With the trade deadline over what the **** are the Sharks gonna do? Would sending down Nieto and waiving Brown be enough to get under the cap? If Hertl comes back it complicates things even more. I just hope they won't be forced to waive Kennedy or Sheppard and lose them for nothing. I don't want to send Nieto down either but I'd rather send him down and bring him back for the playoffs then keep him up and waive Kennedy or Sheppard. I was hoping the Sharks would have been able to skim some salary at the deadline in anticipation of Stuart and/or Hertl coming back.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
There's 19 games left and Stuart is skating so it's likely he comes back before the playoffs. With the trade deadline over what the **** are the Sharks gonna do? Would sending down Nieto and waiving Brown be enough to get under the cap? If Hertl comes back it complicates things even more. I just hope they won't be forced to waive Kennedy or Sheppard and lose them for nothing. I don't want to send Nieto down either but I'd rather send him down and bring him back for the playoffs then keep him up and waive Kennedy or Sheppard. I was hoping the Sharks would have been able to skim some salary at the deadline in anticipation of Stuart and/or Hertl coming back.

My guess is they walk a grey line and play the LTIR game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad