Where do the Leafs finish?

• Win the Division

• Top 3 in the Division

• Wildcard Team

• Miss the Playoffs

Results are only viewable after voting.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
They have faced some adversity this year and I think this will substantially help them prepare for the stretch run and the playoffs. I think it was foolish to expect this team to get to coast to the playoffs this season considering how much roster turnover there has been. Guys like Benoit and McMann are finding their roles, Lily and Robertson are growing in confidence, and Bert and Domi still need some time to gel.

I would make very minor moves at the deadline, maybe look at depth defensemen. I wouldn't rock the boat. I think this team has potential - reminds me of the year we brought in Corson and Roberts.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Anyone still worried about this team missing the playoffs? The wildcard discussion can also be put to rest. At this point, I think it's just a matter of who has home ice between Toronto and Boston.
The Good: I wouldn't expect Toronto to be caught or surpassed for 3rd in the Atlantic.

The Bad: I also wouldn't expect Toronto to catch either of Florida or Boston.

The Good or Bad: TOR-BOS is barely more of a possibility than TOR-FLA at this point.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Good: I wouldn't expect Toronto to be caught or surpassed for 3rd in the Atlantic.

The Bad: I also wouldn't expect Toronto to catch either of Florida or Boston.

The Good or Bad: TOR-BOS is barely more of a possibility than TOR-FLA at this point.
I think Toronto will catch Boston. The Bruins have a tough remaining schedule and they are reeling. Doesn't hurt to have two games in hand on them. I don't think Toronto will catch Florida though, so that means a Toronto/Boston first round, which I think the Leafs would win even with below-average goaltending (although I think they will get better goaltending than that).

As for the rest of the conference, I'm not sure what to make of Florida. They are currently not just winning games, but damn near destroying opponents.

Reactions: Buds17

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
They have to find a replacement for brodie in the top two.
No way they can win with him there.

Reactions: OddyOh

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think the rational ones are never concerned about missing the playoffs. More like how much damage can be done in the playoffs.

We had a lot of people thumping about 100% missing the playoffs last year too :laugh:

Regardless we still have to do well in the second half to get some sort of an advantage.

Yep. The Leafs have been hovering around 85-90% to make the playoffs since the late fall according to most predictive models.

The 'miss the playoffs' stuff has been driven by some folks getting a bit too emotional after certain games

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think Toronto will catch Boston. The Bruins have a tough remaining schedule and they are reeling. Doesn't hurt to have two games in hand on them. I don't think Toronto will catch Florida though, so that means a Toronto/Boston first round, which I think the Leafs would win even with below-average goaltending (although I think they will get better goaltending than that).

As for the rest of the conference, I'm not sure what to make of Florida. They are currently not just winning games, but damn near destroying opponents.
A deficit of nine points just seems like too much for Toronto to overcome (even with the two games in hand). I obviously hope that you'll be proven right though.

The reason I am neither too high on Florida nor too low on Boston's chances is probably due to FLA only being ahead of BOS by one point based on current streaks (W5-Florida and L4-Boston).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad