• Win the Division

• Top 3 in the Division

• Wildcard Team

• Miss the Playoffs

Results are only viewable after voting.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
All Star break is behind them and it's now downhill to the Post Season.

Leafs currently sit in the 1st Wildcard postion (25 14 8) but have a few games in hand on the Teams above.

NHL Regular Season Standings

1707142731624.png

Personally I've been disappointed by this season, obviously a Playoff run would change all that.
I still think they'll slide into the top 3.

Biggest needs over the final 35 games, secondary scoring.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Third or the top wild card seem likely.

Honestly wild card wouldn't be the worst outcome. Not that the Rangers are bad, but out of the Bruins/Panthers/Canes/Rangers, I think the Rangers present the best chance to win a series. Leafs have usually played this era of their team well and the games are fairly close.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I picked top 3 in Division. Not bad enough to miss the playoffs that’s for sure. East is wide open, I also said that last year, so they need to step up

Reactions: Sypher04

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not against them having to scratch and claw their way in. Every other year where they finish high and already know who their opponent is months out is lame, maybe if they actually have to fight for it they'll turn up hungrier in the playoffs.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
All Star break is behind them and it's now downhill to the Post Season.

Leafs currently sit in the 1st Wildcard postion (25 14 8) but have a few games in hand on the Teams above.

NHL Regular Season Standings

View attachment 814872

Personally I've been disappointed by this season, obviously a Playoff run would change all that.
I still think they'll slide into the top 3.

Biggest needs over the final 35 games, secondary scoring.
I think you are correct on finish if Tre can bolster our D core before TDL then I feel like a top 3 spot can happen .. if not then expect a wildcard finish .. it starts and ends in stretch run and playoffs with D and G .. as things stand now expect another 1st round defeat

Reactions: arso40 and ACC1224

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think you are correct on finish if Tre can bolster our D core before TDL then I feel like a top 3 spot can happen .. if not then expect a wildcard finish .. it starts and ends in stretch run and playoffs with D and G .. as things stand now expect another 1st round defeat

This team can finish top 3 with or without a D upgrade. Hell, we could still finish with home ice without a D upgrade. It will be necessary though if we have any thoughts of making real noise in the playoffs though

Reactions: arso40 and ACC1224

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It's looking more and more like 5 teams will make it from the Atlantic. I can't see Boston , Florida and Tampa not making it. Detroit is much improved. Metro has too many mid teams with no goaltending.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm not against them having to scratch and claw their way in. Every other year where they finish high and already know who their opponent is months out is lame, maybe if they actually have to fight for it they'll turn up hungrier in the playoffs.
I agree, starting playoff hockey a few weeks before the season ends would be extremely beneficial.

That's a question for later in the year.:thumbu:

Reactions: Jojalu

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Went Wildcard with the caveat that if we have tender issues down the stretch we miss. I think it's very likely that could happen too. Poor D core as well and teams a tightening up. So many of our points are loser points, not a good look to be honest, and I wouldn't say we are a lock for anything. On the flipside we could have stellar tending and finish top 3.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Predicting a finish of third place in the division. The games in hand just don't feel numerous enough to catch a Florida or Boston, although they should be helpful in staving off challenges from a Tampa or Detroit. Starting a playoff series on the road will comparatively be a disappointment from what went down going into last season's playoffs. However, Florida did the same thing twice and eventually emerged as the best team from the Atlantic. It will always be about the finish.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
i'd be fine with finishing in the wildcard just to play a slightly different team.

My guess is we end up in third place though

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Predicting a finish of third place in the division. The games in hand just don't feel numerous enough to catch a Florida or Boston, although they should be helpful in staving off challenges from a Tampa or Detroit. Starting a playoff series on the road will comparatively be a disappointment from what went down going into last season's playoffs. However, Florida did the same thing twice and eventually emerged as the best team from the Atlantic. It will always be about the finish.
Looking at the Leafs home vs road record, starting on the road may be the best thing for them.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Looking at the Leafs home vs road record, starting on the road may be the best thing for them.
Potentially. The goal will always be to finish as high up in the standings as possible though due to theoretically having an easier opposition that way. Furthermore, the playoffs can be a vastly different animal from the regular season in a number of aspects as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We have historically had a lot of problems down the stretch. Not overly confident with this D core and the G's.
yeah it's a tough one to predict. Who knows which Sammy we get, how Woll looks post injury, etc. Lot's of question marks.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I think over the next 8 games they will put a lot of space between them and the wild card teams. Statistically speaking, I think we probably already know who they will be playing in the first round. It will just be a matter of which teams gets home ice.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Having Game 7 at home should be the goal but... this team seems to tighten up at home. Seems like the team and the crowd is nervous.

Looking at the stats below for the last 2 playoffs. Everything is close. Lots of games won or lost by 1 and for every blowout the other team seems to strike back with one. Really the only stat that matters in the end is the W and I see 5/8 for away.

Home: 3-7 31 GF 32GA 3.1 G/G 3.2 GA/G
Away: 5-3 26 GF 25 GA 3.25 G/G 3.13 GA/G

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think over the next 8 games they will put a lot of space between them and the wild card teams. Statistically speaking, I think we probably already know who they will be playing in the first round. It will just be a matter of which teams gets home ice.
It just feels like they may go on a pretty good run in February.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Hinges so much on the goalies. How long will they keep three goalies when Woll comes back? If Woll comes back with any rust, or if Sammy goes dark again they need Jones as insurance. But I do think they will get enough goaltending to finish 3rd in the division which is fine. 2nd if they gel and go on a tear but I am not betting the farm on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00