Stralman

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Anton is going to make a lot of money this summer in free agency. Other teams scout the games and they see his play with Staal. Right shot. Long term contract. Financial security for his family.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
Anton is going to make a lot of money this summer in free agency. Other teams scout the games and they see his play with Staal. Right shot. Long term contract. Financial security for his family.

Doesnt seem like he wants to chase money. He wants to stay and play for the Rangers. Remember that he has moved a few times and that he almost had to give up his NHL career. He wasnt anything until he came to Rangers.

He Will stay if they give him term. Term equals security and Rangers equals confidence for his performance.

I cant say where I heard this from though even if I would like to.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Doesnt seem like he wants to chase money. He wants to stay and play for the Rangers. I cant say where I heard this from though even if I would like to.
What makes you say that?
Remember that he has moved a few times and that he almost had to give up his NHL career. He wasnt anything until he came to Rangers
This will also be his first opportunity to make any real money. Again, more often than not, it is always about the money.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Diaz to me is just a cheaper option. Stralman is the better player. They're basically the same age--the same size though I think Stralman has more reach. It may be that with all the other things the Rangers would like to do--if they're bent on bringing back Richards and all of Pouliot, D. Moore, Boyle, Carcillo along with the RFA's and the $'s are too to tight Stralman gets kind of lost in the shuffle. But between Stralman and Diaz it's not much of a contest. Stralman wins every time.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
What makes you say that?

This will also be his first opportunity to make any real money. Again, more often than not, it is always about the money.
I dont know him in person. But others around me does.

This was said about a month ago.

Of course the agent can persuaid him to take another road, but he wants to stay if he can get longer term.

He doesnt wanna start over again, he found his place an wants to stay if the organisation allows him to... And he Will take a discount if the years are good.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I say give him 5 years and 3.5-3.8 million per season. He and Staal have looked very good together. Get Staal locked up as well. You then have your top-4 locked up moving forward.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
A fair deal for Stralman would be 4 years at $3.5-3.6M. He isn't going to bring offense from the backend, and that is an opportunity cost the team knows it has to incur with him playing 2nd pair minutes.

There isn't anything to complain about this guy. If it is such that he comes in at a mid $3M cap hit, then that's great. But Stralman will get term and more money on the open market.

If you look at the teams that were either middling, or didn't make the playoffs, you will see that one thing that they all had in common was a lack of defensive depth, and more importantly defensemen that play a mistake free game. Anton wasn't that player until he came to the Rangers, and now this new system makes his life a lot easier and less grueling than Torts' system.

So there has to be a give and take. But Anton will get a ton more money in the open market. 3rd pair D Andrew Ference cashed in big time. Ed Jovonovski got a 4 year retirement contract. There are teams in the playoff picture right now that could use an Anton Stralman, and that means there will be a bidding process for his services, and that means that he is going to hit pay dirt.

My guess is 4 years $18M on the low end, 6 years $27M on the highend. If Andrew MacDonald can get 6 years at $5M, Anton is cracking term at $4+ easily.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
He said that he totally has lost his old transition game, skating with the puck and chipping in offensively. Also Torts wanted him to play much more defensive D.

He thought the change of his game really helped him to be comfortable as a NHL player again but fealt today that he had a much more solid ground as a player to rely on..so he hoped that he could start working on his offensive sides again, if AV would ask that from him.

As it was said a month ago, the guesses was that he would easily accept under 3,5 (3,2-3,3) if he got the years. Things might have changed.. but if the offer before the olympics would have been 3,2-3,3 over 4-5 years he would have signed.

Of course, that might just have been talk..and the agent might have rejected it though.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'd love to keep to Strals, and $3.5m isn't a bad cap hit for a player like him, but question whether the Rangers can afford to give him that if they want to resign all their other players plus actually improve. At some point, something will have to give in the cap and have a horrible feeling it may be Anton

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
People who judge players by their stats strikes me as the type of guy who only watches the 3min-highlights on NHL.com and checks stats after the game.

If you've watched Klein's games after we aquired him, i cant really see how you came to the conclusion that he's a bad hockey player.

That being said, Sather keeps getting himself into trouble with waiting 'till the final hour before he resigns players. Stralman will be looking at some big contracts from other teams in the off-season. I really want him to stay.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
I want him to stay but if he leaves, Klein can take his spot. Offensively is not that great but Klein is responsible defensively enough to make top4.

Jyrgen

Oct 10, 2005
he just wants to sign but no offer on the table and hasn't even been a real offer yet.

think this should have been dealt with already.

otherwise status quo ..wants to stay and not chasing money. if he gets years a discount is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad