Stralman vs. Johnson

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I think you forgot a guy called Anton Stralman, who is being called, by players, commentators, coaches, a guy who can dominate shifts like only Foppa and Lidstrom are capable of, has been voted as the to 3 players from the Swedish team in the IIHF tournament, averaged the most ice-time in the SEL, is being called the best player coming out of Sweden since Forsberg, was an All-Star at the end of the SEL season, and is being over and over again, compared to Lidstrom.

I dont know what he can do in the NHL level here in North America, but Sweden has produced 3 super-star talents, in Backstrom, Stralman, and Hedman, this decade.

Nice to see you mention Stralman over Lundqvist. :biglaugh:

GSK*

Oy vey. :shakehead

Way to go, dude. This thread will make the rest of this board think we're even worse than we already are (because everyone obviously knows that all Leaf fans are the same, unlike every other team in the league that has individual fans with different opinions/ideals.)

I can see it now: "LEAF FANS THINK STRALMAN IS BETTER THAN JACK JOHNSON OMG!!!!!!11111"

This would be a brutal thread even on the Leafs board...it's going to be a nightmare on the main boards.

Wonderful...I'll stand by for closing once the stereotyping and insults start flowing in for this monstrosity.

I think the Leafs fans have made progress. The Habs are not the scapegoat of the board.

Freebooter

Apr 9, 2003
Visit site
So, this is all based on your saying that Stralman being one of the best defencemen in the WJC's is "not accurate at all" because of his partner's stats which "stood out". I get it.

Anyway, it is 2007 now and Stralman is the best defenceman prospect in Sweden.

My post may not have been clear, which I accept, or you may be having a fairly significant comprehension problem, masked by juvenile sarcasm.

Stralman did not stand out on his team from a stats perspective, although he may have in other ways. Nor did he stand out in respect of other defencemen in his age group in the view of whoever named all-stars and "best" players at that tournament, as he was nowhere to be found on those lists (although he was named player of the game in one of Sweden's games).

He may be the best defencemen prospect in Sweden now; time will tell if that has any relevance to his NHL career. His WJC performance was nothing spectacular.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Stralman is skilled but totally overrated (in other words he's not the next Lidstrom). He's probably not even the best defensive prospect the Leafs have. I've never seen him listed in the top five leafs prospect by anyone other than over optimistic Leafs fans.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Stralman is skilled but totally overrated (in other words he's not the next Lidstrom). He's probably not even the best defensive prospect the Leafs have. I've never seen him listed in the top five leafs prospect by anyone other than over optimistic Leafs fans.

LOL.
Stralman overrated?
I guess predicting the future, as you are trying to do, is overrated as well?

How do you know if he is the next Lidstrom or not?

And yes, he is our best defensive prospect, every Leafs fans would say it, but pessimistics, and Leaf haters, would say, he is overrated, and go ahead and predict the future.

I would take the coaches, commentators, Swedish media's words, who are comparing him to Lidstrom over and over again, then your words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad