Stralman vs. Johnson

Geese_Howard*

wow strallman doesnt deserve the trashing hes about to get...

I take Jack Johnson no question about it now, Strallman is hype right now, lets see if he can live up to those lofty expectations.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Johnson right now, but thats no knock on Stralman - both are incredibly good prospects. Its like comparing Ovechkin to Kovalchuk - Ovy wins, but Kovy is still great (talent wise, I'd punch him in the face if I met him :biglaugh:)

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
wow strallman doesnt deserve the trashing hes about to get...

I take Jack Johnson no question about it now, Strallman is hype right now, lets see if he can live up to those lofty expectations.

Not sure if Jack Johnson has lived up to any expectations yet. Anton Stralman IMO has so far exceeded his development expectations , being a 6th round pick and all.

But I'll estimate Jack Johnson gets all the votes cause he was picked higher and not a Leaf. I'd also assume he's better at this point.

Lol. Why do you guys make threads here involving Leaf prospects? Only Leaf fans post anyways.

Transported Upstater

Oy vey. :shakehead

Way to go, dude. This thread will make the rest of this board think we're even worse than we already are (because everyone obviously knows that all Leaf fans are the same, unlike every other team in the league that has individual fans with different opinions/ideals.)

I can see it now: "LEAF FANS THINK STRALMAN IS BETTER THAN JACK JOHNSON OMG!!!!!!11111"

This would be a brutal thread even on the Leafs board...it's going to be a nightmare on the main boards.

Wonderful...I'll stand by for closing once the stereotyping and insults start flowing in for this monstrosity.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Not sure if Jack Johnson has lived up to any expectations yet. Anton Stralman IMO has so far exceeded his development expectations , being a 6th round pick and all.

But I'll estimate Jack Johnson gets all the votes cause he was picked higher and not a Leaf. I'd also assume he's better at this point.

Lol. Why do you guys make threads here involving Leaf prospects? Only Leaf fans post anyways.

That part has a lot less to do with it than the second part of that paragraph.

This is a grossly unfair comparison to make for Strahlman. How is he supposed to compete with Jack MF Johnson? At least wait until he gets over to North America or something....

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
That part has a lot less to do with it than the second part of that paragraph.

This is a grossly unfair comparison to make for Strahlman. How is he supposed to compete with Jack MF Johnson? At least wait until he gets over to North America or something....

The reason Leaf fans aren't bragging about Stralman is cause we can't find any clips of him playing.

Jack Johnson has some nice clips on Youtube. Thus he wins . :)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Im a leaf fan and Johnson is much more highly touted. Its not fair to compare them right now

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
They way Stralman has played in SEL, I choose Stralman.

Though its a close one.

This thread probably should be closed.

It's obvious you're letting your Leaf bias blind you. Take a step back and think about it for awhile.

Stralman has not even played a pro game in North America yet.

We all hope for the best from him, but at this point there is no reason to suggest he is the better prospect.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
They way Stralman has played in SEL, I choose Stralman.

Though its a close one.

This thread probably should be closed.

While I'm not about to say that Stralman is better than Johnson, I think alot of people fail to understand that what Stralman has done so far in Sweden is quite remarkable, and that IF he can get his game to translate to North America, he will be a very, very good player.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
jack johnson for sure, stralman maybe once he is recognized, but career, johnson will always be considered elite

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Well right now Jack Johnson is about the level of Rob Blake in his prime, but Stralman is pretty much a young Ray Bourque, so based on that we can easily expect bigger and better things from the next Lidstrom.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It's obvious you're letting your Leaf bias blind you. Take a step back and think about it for awhile.

Stralman has not even played a pro game in North America yet.

We all hope for the best from him, but at this point there is no reason to suggest he is the better prospect.

No, its just a matter of opinion, and in this case, you have yours and I have mine.

Young defensemen who lead the SEL in total average-ice time, SEL's 1st Team All-Star, chosen as one of the three best Swedish players in the IIHF, being quoted as "can dominate a shift as Foppa and Lidstrom," and is being compared to Lidstrom, dont pop up everyday, you know.

Take a step back, and realize this.

;)

Nothing taking away from Jack, though.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yup, Stralman it is. He is the man. The dude is tearing it up in Sweden, so you know...

The jury is still out on Johnson. What has he done anyway? NCAA, pfff. LA Kings, pfff. Already been traded also. Doesn't look good at all.

:help::help::help:

Agreed: Stralman doesn't deserve the beating in this thread, but it is so tempting...

Respect and peace to all(T.U., my thoughts are with you...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad