Stralman hit on Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Same guy that went knee on knee with Ehlers and then saw Bryan Little falling forward in the neutral zone and decided to break his ****ing neck with a full force check in the same shift. I've never seen Maurice as mad as he was that night. **** you Francois St. Laurent.
Those were cheap.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I want to see another angle. It looks, from that One, that Stralman also straight armed him to the back of the head. It may have hit upper back and came up but can't tell.

If he did straight arm his head AND he hit the numbers, I'd like to see a suspension.

If it was just numbers and no head contact, I'd have gone for 5 min as opposed to 2

Also. The people who are all "I'm not gonna cry for Wilson" are being a bit short sighted. Yes, imo Wilson is a goon. Yes he has injured players. I think he's a pos. But he has been suspended and/or paid fines. Not everyone gets carte blanche to take him out without repercussions.

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Not sure if it's because of the slow motion gif but it doesn't look very forceful. The jumping part is pretty stupid and unnecessary though. Not too disimilar from what oshie did to letang. If either were more violent they'd warrant suspensions.

Reactions: Maelmoor

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
And here we see the “Tom Wilson” effect where, as displayed, peoples views are that this hit is perfectly clean purely because it’s him. :facepalm:

From a gif it’s a very questionable hit. Another angle at full speed should confirm just how bad.

Reactions: IamNotADancer

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I want to see another angle. It looks, from that One, that Stralman also straight armed him to the back of the head. It may have hit upper back and came up but can't tell.

If he did straight arm his head AND he hit the numbers, I'd like to see a suspension.

If it was just numbers and no head contact, I'd have gone for 5 min as opposed to 2

Also. The people who are all "I'm not gonna cry for Wilson" are being a bit short sighted. Yes, imo Wilson is a goon. Yes he has injured players. I think he's a pos. But he has been suspended and/or paid fines. Not everyone gets carte blanche to take him out without repercussions.

I cheered when Evander Kane KO'd Matt Cooke. So, I guess a part of me is a bit hypocritical even though I agree with the bolded.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I cheered when Evander Kane KO'd Matt Cooke. So, I guess a part of me is a bit hypocritical even though I agree with the bolded.

Not really, they squared up and fought. Nobody boarded Cooke from behind.

Reactions: Lurch

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
And here we see the “Tom Wilson” effect where, as displayed, peoples views are that this hit is perfectly clean purely because it’s him. :facepalm:

From a gif it’s a very questionable hit. Another angle at full speed should confirm just how bad.

Didn’t read anybody say it was “perfectly clean”. Some people just don’t have sympathy for him

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Not really, they squared up and fought. Nobody boarded Cooke from behind.
I mean in the sense that I wanted to see him get messed up the way some people might want Tom Wilson to get his "karma" or whatever they think he has coming to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad