Stralman hit on Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
No suspension when karma's responsible. Should've evened it out with the embellishment.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
giphy.gif

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Wait, I am confused does Tom Wilson have a broken jaw and a concussion, or was he out there the next shift?

I have defended him in the past, but on this he should STFU and get ready for Game 4

Last edited:

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
How about the full speed replay?

edit: Looked quite a bit more viscous than the OP's replay:

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
And here we see the “Tom Wilson” effect where, as displayed, peoples views are that this hit is perfectly clean purely because it’s him. :facepalm:

From a gif it’s a very questionable hit. Another angle at full speed should confirm just how bad.

Are they saying it is "perfectly clean" or: minor penalty for boarding ...move along.

IF Kempny didn't get a suspension...no way should Stralman get one

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...............did I mention...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa...I hope this asshat gets one of those every game this series until he is out. he is a goon and the karma train is finally coming for him.

but I am still rooting for the Caps - Go CAPS!!! lol!!

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Should be a easy suspension, sees numbers whole way, leaves feet, boards him.

If wilson did that, all these isles crybabies would be on here with their pitchforks out.

Reactions: shtorm2005

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

If wilson did that, all these isles crybabies would be on here with their pitchforks out.
League is too inconsistent. Kempny should have been suspended for the cross check to the face. We need black and white rules

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
given the precedent of the doughty hit he should get a game.... that looks worse than the doughty hit even

given the polarity of any play tom wilson is involved in, it's obvious that we're dealing with at least some minor double standard here. it shouldn't be that way. the league needs to get this stuff right once and for all, but it won't

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

"all these isles crybabies" two Islander fans have posted in this thread :laugh:

And my contribution was a Simpsons character playing the violin :laugh:

Reactions: PWJunior

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I'm not sure why the NHL allows hits from behind the way they do, but they do.
Stralman left his feet. Why would you do that on the numbers? So it is an obvious penalty though often not called unless it looks bad, the result more than the actual hit, and the victim is always partially blamed if he is aware the hit is coming. Good thing on this one the glass had a lot of give where Wilson's head impacted. Looks like he might have embellished it but who knows?

So now you have a guy like Wilson that might deliver a more forceful version of the hit, even without jumping, and the results could be worse.

Reactions: kladorf2005

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Lets be honest......no one knows what a suspension worthy hit looks like anymore just like no one knows what is or isnt goalie interference. Im convinced Toronto & DPS just throw darts at picture of Chris Pronger's face and if the dart lands in his bad eye, stuff happens

Reactions: Kyndig and Maelmoor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad