Post-Game Talk: Storkout! Santa keeps on giving - Canucks 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Philly game is coming up. Any update on the GDT? They've been on fire that last 20 games or so. It should be a good game.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Lack would need to go:

9-7-6, .863 SVP, 2.5 GAA in his next 20 games to have the same stats as Luongo has after 32 games.

That's way off the mark.

Lack's SA/GA/SV%: 267-18-.933
Luongo's SA/GA/SV%: 846-68-.921

Lack would need to let in 50 goals in the next 579 shots, which translates to a .914 SV%. That's Schneider's current number, which highlights the difficulty of sustaining a high level of play over a large number of games.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
That's way off the mark.

Lack would need to let in 50 goals in the next 579 shots, which translates to a .914 SV%. That's Schneider's current number, which highlights the difficulty of sustaining a high level of play over a large number of games.

Yeah, I was just about to say that post made me laugh out loud.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
That's way off the mark.

Exactly. There are so many goalies like Toskala, Raycroft, Mason, Bobrovsky, Elliott, Anderson, even Quick that look fantastic one year and mediocre the next.

Lack is signed for another 2 years, that gives us plenty of time to ascertain whether or not he's capable of providing this level of play consistently, similar to what we did with Schneider.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Exactly. There are so many goalies like Toskala, Raycroft, Mason, Bobrovsky, Elliott, Anderson, even Quick that look fantastic one year and mediocre the next.

Lack is signed for another 2 years, that gives us plenty of time to ascertain whether or not he's capable of providing this level of play consistently, similar to what we did with Schneider.

Yes, exactly. There's no need for a controversy/quandary/whatever. Signing Lack for another two years at a cheap back-up rate should actually remove the need for that. The Canucks look like they're going to be provided with above average goaltending for below average cost. That's not a problem -- it's a feature.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Heck, I don't mind constantly churning these goalies into top ten 1st round picks. Who's next? Eriksson?

SEL stats were pretty much the same as Lack's before their respective signings. *shrugs*

So... is McGrattan getting a suspension or what? John and John didn't mention it in the play-by-play, but that was a crosscheck to the head as he had both hands high with the stick being held, still, in both hands.

It's bad enough when you get two elbows up high, holding the stick in one hand. This was a crosscheck.

Betamax*

McGrattan should get 5-6 games.

Do you think the type of player injured makes a difference in the # of games a player like McG would receive?

I'm thinking if it's someone of the Golden Kid's stature, it would be a 20+ game suspension.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Do you think the type of player injured makes a difference in the # of games a player like McG would receive?

I'm thinking if it's someone of the Golden Kid's stature, it would be a 20+ game suspension.

No kidding... the league is such BS.

I don't understand how the NHLPA doesn't stand up to this. Instead, they protect the goons, like in Thornton's appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad