Value of: Stopgap goalie to the Preds

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
This is Saros's time to shine. I think the team is pretty confident in him so I don't see them doing anything drastic like a trade. As was said we don't have another back to back for awhile. My guess is rinne has a concussion but who knows

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
He got placed on IR the next day, and will guarantee miss 3 starts. The way he got clunked in the head I'd be a little more worried that it's more than just minor. Hiller and Crawford both had minor head injuries.
If it's a concussion he'll need to miss at least 3 games anyway. Could he miss more, maybe but let's not do anything drastic like trade for a goalie. Saros is more than capable to carry the load I believe for the time being

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm not THAT worried. The injury seemed minor. Waivers will suck because the Preds have last priority and can't jump in front of the Leafs who hemorrhaged 2 goalies who might be released soon. Let's say Rinne misses the rest of the month. Edmonton who Saros was going to play anyway. SJ, NJ. EDM at home, Vegas at home (all gold everything.) Everyone of those games has a day off inbetween. IF Saros goes down, Panic. Give a pick for McBackup.
As mentioned previously, Carolina can't trade McBackup unless they're the only team who put in a claim.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
If you want, the Panthers offer James Reimer and Michael Hutchinson in exchange for a couple hockey sticks and a bag of cheetos.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I think the concern is if Rhinne is out 5 months the nashville wants a vet who can start.

Saros might not be ready to play almosr every game.

Naa Saros looks to be ready to take on a heavier load. He'd still need a back up in the event the injury is long-term, and injuring insurance in the meantime wouldn't hurt either.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Anton Forsberg just got put on waivers, could always claim him.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Lindgren could be add for cheap, but I would give a try to Anton Forsberg before spending assets... if they have a contract spot.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I have no horse in the race but Hutchinson did a serviceable job for the Jets last years when called upon. I haven't watched or followed Florida this year but with the Panthers carrying 3 goalies maybe he could be had for cheap??

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Right. Downgrading is the way to go. It's not like Hank has a cupboard full of cup rings himself.

He would if he had a complete team like nashville infront of him, and Rinne has a complete team infront of him and lets his team down in the playoffs

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Nothing, they have one hell of a backup. But what do they do if he’s injured? Wait until then to solve a problem that can be prevented now?

The damn stick boy can play goal for Nashville and they wouldn't bat an eye lid. No disrespect their goalies but that team supports their goalies so well I don't think it matters who is in net.

I don't think Edmonton had a shot on net that I couldn't have stopped when we played them.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
He would if he had a complete team like nashville infront of him, and Rinne has a complete team infront of him and lets his team down in the playoffs

Like I said put a complete team infront of hank and you will get cups, hes such a great playoff performer and just gets thrown infront of the bus in the playoffs ,

What's the excuse for previous seasons where the Rangers had good teams? Won the Presidents Trophy in 2014-15, no? Finished 2nd a few years before that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad