Proposal: Stone (extended) for Lucic + Pulj + Yamamoto + 1st 2019

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
This is awful, awful, awful for the Sens. I can't believe a Sens fan actually proposed this.

Let's assume for a minute that Edmonton's 1st and Yamamoto was fair value for taking Lucic's contract (that might be what it would take, it might take more).

You are now saying a SIGNED Mark Stone is worth Pulju?

If I was Ottawa I wouldn't take Lucic for less than a 1st AND Bouchard, which would leave no assets left that would be worth a signed Stone (that Edmonton would be willing to part with)
Lucic + top ten first + a former top 10 pick

Lay off the booze.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'm fine with the opinions of Puljujarvi and Yamamoto not being NHLers but I can't see the Oilers giving up 3 prospects. That would be tough on this team right now. A signed Stone would need more salary to leave Edmonton in order for it to work too. Also it would put Ottawa right on 50 contracts before trying to move Lucic, which would be tough to do. I'm not sure what you have planned for this.

Idk maybe the value is fair but man is Edmonton bent over a barrel trying to undo what Chiaturd has created.

I think the Oilers are stuck with Lucic until after July 1st 2020 once his bonus is paid. After that Lucic is owed 10 mil over 3 years. And the Oilers could retain upto 3mil. This makes Lucic a prize for a team trying to make the cap floor at minimal cost. $333,333 a year for a 6mil cap hit will be very tempting for some teams. This is most likely the best solution going forward for the team. It's tough but we really have to just bite the bullet on this one.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Considering Lightning fans are constantly being told it will take a 1st+ to move one year of Callahan’s cap hit it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than a single first to move four more years of Lucic’s.
Yeh because a TB 1st is the same as an Oilers 1st.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why what's the point as good as Stone is he can't even come close to saving the Oilers. Then again Hughes probably can't even save the Oilers.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
NO WAY from this Sens fan.. Keep Lucic, Keep Pulj, Keep Yamamoto...... ABSOLUTELY terrible proposal
You should go for it if that first is not lottery protected. Would be great to see Ottawa get the first pick overall after all lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad