Proposal: Stone (extended) for Lucic + Pulj + Yamamoto + 1st 2019

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
No need to complicate things with the inclusion of Lucic. Let’s keep it more realistic.

To EDM: Stone (sign and trade 8.25x8)

To OTT: Spooner (cap purposes), Benning (cap purposes), 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, Yamamoto

Spooner has been brutal this year, but could bounce back next year playing in a contract year in his hometown. In the case of a bounce back, he could net the Sens a mid round pick at next year’s deadline. Worst case scenario, he still sucks and is off the books at the end of next year.

Benning is an overpaid 6/7 with poor skating, but underrated offence and a sneaky big hitter. Again, maybe he takes a step forward next year, but at worst he’s off the books at the end of next year.

Yamamoto has played with Tkachuk in the past, could click at the NHL level.

1st could be lottery pick, no protection (as trade off for getting contract negotiated).

2nd is likely somewhere in the 40-50 range, could be used to move up with the 1st or with Sens 2nd to get into the 1st again.

member 290103

Take Lucic out and Yamamoto out, maybe the sens go for that.

Trade Lucic and Nurse to Vancouver for Juolevi and Baertschi

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That's actually pretty decent for the Sens build as long as it's not lotto protected, could have a nice top 10 pick there.

Oil may have to salary retain a bit.

I think the fact Lucic carries a 6 million dollar cap hit while only being owed 4 million a year in real dollars would be more appealing to the Sens owner

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So, a cap dump and a few spare parts for Stone. Lol

It funny TML. calling 20 year old players spare parts and yet believe their players that are 2 or 3 years older are world class players . Hence the 10 million trades posted by TML fans Brown + crap for a top pairing D . Let’s revisit in two years and see where Puljujarvi and Yamamoto are at in their development . Then there a first which you also must be referring to as spare parts . Look up spare parts and see the definition.

Mar 26, 2010
It funny TML. Calling 20 year anniversary of spare parts and yet believe their players that are 2 or 3 years older are world class players . Hence the 10 million trades posted by TML fans Brown + crap for a top pairing D . Let’s revisit in two years and see where Puljujarvi and Yamamoto are at in their development . Then there a first which you also must be referring to as spare parts . Look up spare parts and see the definition.
Leafs just traded for their new TOP pairing D Muzzin... and did not move a single roster player.

How did that Hall for Larsson trade work out for Edmonton.

Out.

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
It funny TML. calling 20 year old players spare parts and yet believe their players that are 2 or 3 years older are world class players . Hence the 10 million trades posted by TML fans Brown + crap for a top pairing D . Let’s revisit in two years and see where Puljujarvi and Yamamoto are at in their development . Then there a first which you also must be referring to as spare parts . Look up spare parts and see the definition.
Leafs traded a bunch of spare parts for Muzzin. A legitimate top 4 defenseman. What did you guys trade for your top 4 d man again?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
What's the cost for moving Lucic alone?
I would say the 1st + one of Yamamoto or puljujarvi.
So stone (extended) for one of Yamamoto or puljujarvi?
Something tells me the senators can do a lot better.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Sure.. if the cost to move Ryan out of OTT is Chabot.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Stone (extended) for Lucic + Pulj + Yamamoto + 1st 2019

We need a third team though; Sens retain on Lucic and send him to a third team for an asset.

Who's the third team?

Ottawa makes out like a bandit here... Oilers get Stone and the third team can have Lucic retained to add some grit to their third line or something.

Discuss.

EDIT: Lucic has full NMC so he has to agree and choose where he is going...

Well I am pretty sure Lucic would want to pretty much any place but Edmonton, but Ott is not one of those places. They might be the only team in the league worse off than the oiler. Who says Gm is not an important position, just look at these two teams.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Actually the value is fair as the oil are giving 2 of their last 3 first rounders and a likely lottery 1st. The reality is your owner might like Lucic as he only costs 4.5m per year in actual cash and Ott would be able to dwell below th cap floor during the rebuild

Reactions: Chabot84

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lmao Puljujarvi, Yamamoto and the first is the price to get rid of Lucic.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well I am pretty sure Lucic would want to pretty much any place but Edmonton, but Ott is not one of those places. They might be the only team in the league worse off than the oiler. Who says Gm is not an important position, just look at these two teams.

I read Ottawa may be looking at hiring Chia . Forget where it was and it may be just speculation by some media guy looking for hits

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You are the only one posting garbage here. I am done with you.

Calling a 20 year old a bust is garbage . If you watched the games you would see the kid is getting better . He is also good defensively so he will always have a place in the NHL . Compare some of your wingers to him at the age of 20 and see where they were

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
From Oilers perspective Lucic + 1st = 0 value as that is the price to get rid of his cap.

Considering Lightning fans are constantly being told it will take a 1st+ to move one year of Callahan’s cap hit it’s going to take a hell of a lot more than a single first to move four more years of Lucic’s.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Any trade proposal with Lucic in it makes me throw up in my mouth a little. The only guy who would actually trade for Lucic just got turfed out of Edmonton and will never get a GM job again.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

Ottawa is retaining on Lucic so he can play for another team.. which would have to be on a list of his choosing since he has an NMC.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Actually the value is fair as the oil are giving 2 of their last 3 first rounders and a likely lottery 1st. The reality is your owner might like Lucic as he only costs 4.5m per year in actual cash and Ott would be able to dwell below th cap floor during the rebuild

We could prob handle taking back Lucic.. but its better to word it as retain on Lucic and send to another team so its a clear cut homerun for the sens.. this is HF boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad